Why Does Try Aikman Always Get The Packers Games?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comparing Brett Favre to Jay Culter in any sense is absurd.

Totally agree, Favre was not only more talented, he also had way more heart and toughness than Cutler ever did.

He may have gone Benedict Arnold at the end on us, but that doesn't take away the many games he won when it looked like we had zero chance to do so in.

Notice how people bring up Mike Holmgren, Ron Wolfe, and co as coaches who are the reason Brett was made to be successful. You know what else that should tell you? If there's anyone who should be blamed for Brett's downfall it's Mike Sherman.

I don't know why but that awful head coach is not vilified enough around here. He made Brett Favre the de facto head coach and let him run the playbook and locker room. Coaches are not supposed to let players run their locker rooms, and the good coaches allow none of that. Sherman allowed it, lost his team, and ended up hitting his waterloo because of it sending him to the firing squad of every job he's had since, so if you want to really blame someone for Favre being ruined, blame Sherman.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I laugh when I hear fans say the announcer hates their team. Literally fans from every team from across sports think this. Its so ridiculous that they would have bias against a certain team. They might not like traveling to a certain city or a certain player/coach/team employee but that doesnt mean the whole team.

The only one you can really point to that has a negative slant is florio since he is a self proclaimed viking fan.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? No comparison you say huh? Hmmmmmmm...OK... then please tell me which of these career stats is Brents and which is Cutlers! lol

Int% 3.3
QB Rating 86
Comp% 62

Int% 3.4
QB Rating 85.5
Comp% 61.6

ya...the similarities are actually quite staggering.
Hall of Fame. 2 Super Bowls/1 Win. 3 MVP's. Number Retired. What am I missing? Get real.

The similarities are actually quite staggering. YA

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikmin has stated himself he's a big fan of Rodgers, Packer fans, and the organization. I see no reason to not believe him.

He also says that other team's fans, Bears fans for example, have also said he doesn't like their team. There's just something about his announcing that makes it seem he doesn't like a team.
He's just very negative in general. He *****ed and moaned for a decade in Dallas about phantom penalties and he still does it.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikmin has stated himself he's a big fan of Rodgers, Packer fans, and the organization. I see no reason to not believe him.

He also says that other team's fans, Bears fans for example, have also said he doesn't like their team. There's just something about his announcing that makes it seem he doesn't like a team.
I DON'T BELIEVE HIM!

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As stated in another thread, Aikman was specifically complimentary of the City of Green Bay, the people living there, the Packer organization and it's players, Bart Starr and, finally, even Kroll's was praised. Specifically, what did he say that should be construed as negative?
All of us "haters" know he's only stroking people that believe he's an OK guy.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the anti-Packers bias is more in the minds of Packers fans than in the play-by-play guys and commentators. Ray Scott was great but remember he was the Packers broadcaster. I liked Ray because he assumed everyone listening to him was also watching the game and he didn’t feel the need to fill every second of the telecast with his voice.

My criticism of current broadcast teams is usually aimed more at the play-by-play guy: Frequently they neglect to provide basic information like who made the tackle. BTW, I don’t miss Madden or Pat Summerall at the end of their careers. IMO the way Madden slobbered all over Favre was embarrassing.
I miss Ray Scott and Tony Canadeo, they loved the Packers every Sunday for real.
They weren't just stroking people.

Sky King

Reaction score
Lacking specific examples of Aikman and Buck being anti-Packer, it appears the perception of some fans may be that if announcers do not engage in unrequited gushing over the team then they must hate them. Yet I have heard them praise the city of GB, the warmth of Packer fans, the classiness of the organization, players present and past, and even some local establishments such as Kroll's, Chili John's and the frozen custard place. Please quote the specific anti-Packer statements they have made that I must have missed when going for a beer or something.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Really? Go back and find how bad he was ripping on the packers during the game where the cowboys were kickin our butts up till half time then matt flynn came to life and lacy went wild and they broke it off in the cowboys butts and came back for the win..... I remember him hating on us BADLY. He said things like "jerry jones is running them out of town" ....many poor things he said thT day up until he was utterly speechless when we were coming back....the only one yapping then eas joe buck and you could clearly tell aikman was pissed off

alien visitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre - Green Bay Packers - Mike Holmgren - Steve Mariucci - West Coast Offense - Ron Wolf's GM'ing - Bob Harlan* = Jay Cutler (or Bubby Brister or Jeff George or ......) .

Anyone who thinks Brett Favre would have become BRETT FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without all those elements subtracted above is being absurd. There's no way on god's green earth Favre would have become what he was as a the backup in Denver (and then literally Bubby Brister) behind Elway or (likely, starting in 1993 anyway) third string in Kansas City (behind Montana and Dave Krieg). Those were the only two other options Atlanta had on the table when Wolf sent the first rounder down. In short, it was the three years of patience and instruction by Holmgren and Mariucci that made anything out of Favre. Holmgren told Favre (in Favre's own autobiography) going into the 1994 season, that anymore of the 1993 stuff and he wouldn't hesitate to pull him. That year, in the Minnesota game, after Favre came out with a bruise they left Brunell in to see what he could do. THAT's the kind of stuff people forget about Favre, even after 2.5 years, that is what doesn't make comparisons to Cutler absurd.

Unfortunately, way too many people gave Favre all the credit, as if he was some otherworldly demi-god who blessed us with his presence. The reality is he was a Jay Cutler who got swept up into the vortex of all the OTHER positive things that were happening. It was a mutually beneficial instance that Favre's durability and longevity met up with the top-notch training that made the results we saw. But believe that if Favre wallowed on the bench in Denver or Kansas City, there would have been no realization of the latent potency or longevity. Favre would have been back at the Broke Spoke circa 1995 regaling the regulars with tales from the NFL, for beers, waiting to take over at Hancock High. There would have been way too many new QB's coming off the college football assembly line circa 1994,1995 to waste time a former third stringer turned second stringer. Favre's chances would have been used up. The best thing to ever happen to Brett Favre was getting traded to the Packers. Unfortunately, after a decade of getting proverbial reach-arounds from everybody, Favre thought he should have been running the team, and we all saw what transpired once he started going over the edge as far back as 2005.

*Setting everything in motion starting in 1989.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He obviously is biased and hates them. I can't recall any game he's done where he hasn't moaned that the Packers should have been called for an imaginary penalty, and usually multiple times. And all his so called compliments are like he is being forced at gunpoint to say them, and most have a left hand twist.

Sorry but the only time sunday he said that a penalty should be called due to the letter of the law was on our first two sacks. Also sorry but he was right.

He also very quickly followed it up by saying how much he hates the rule and how it should be changed and you know what? He was right

Sky King

Reaction score
Really? Go back and find how bad he was ripping on the packers during the game where the cowboys were kickin our butts up till half time then matt flynn came to life and lacy went wild and they broke it off in the cowboys butts and came back for the win..... I remember him hating on us BADLY. He said things like "jerry jones is running them out of town" ....many poor things he said thT day up until he was utterly speechless when we were coming back....the only one yapping then eas joe buck and you could clearly tell aikman was pissed off
That's it? This looks purely like your opinion to me. As far as that opinion is concerned, have at it since that's what forums are for. You hate them. I get it. But I asked for examples of factual statements from these men that are not merely someone's opinion, like the ones that I provided that clearly contradict the notion they hate the Packers.

Fortunately, I have the DVR recording of the game that you have referenced so I can watch it yet again to see what I may have missed during my past viewings. It was one of only two games that I saved from last season. The other being the season finale against the Bears that has also been savored repeatedly for obvious reasons. I have watched the game versus the Cowboys in 2013 a few times already and simply do not detect any animosity towards the Packers from these men. Quite the opposite. That's my opinion based upon all the positives they have actually proclaimed about all things Packers during their many broadcasts of the team. The worst criticism that I have to offer about them is that they sometimes get the calls on the field wrong, same as the officials and the coaches that throw the red flags. Example: Aikman first claimed Tramon Williams may have interfered on the last play of SB XLV. But he quickly retracted that opinion after the replay was shown.

BTW, we "always" get them because they are the #1 network broadcasting duo and they are assigned to the most important game, which often involves the Packers. That frequency alone would seem to refute the notion that the network and it's #1 broadcasting team hates our team.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
That's it? This looks purely like your opinion to me. As far as that opinion is concerned, have at it since that's what forums are for. You hate them. I get it. But I asked for examples of factual statements from these men that are not merely someone's opinion, like the ones that I provided that clearly contradict the notion they hate the Packers.

Fortunately, I have the DVR recording of the game that you have referenced so I can watch it yet again to see what I may have missed during my past viewings. It was one of only two games that I saved from last season. The other being the season finale against the Bears that has also been savored repeatedly for obvious reasons. I have watched the game versus the Cowboys in 2013 a few times already and simply do not detect any animosity towards the Packers from these men. Quite the opposite. That's my opinion based upon all the positives they have actually proclaimed about all things Packers during their many broadcasts of the team. The worst criticism that I have to offer about them is that they sometimes get the calls on the field wrong, same as the officials and the coaches that throw the red flags. Example: Aikman first claimed Tramon Williams may have interfered on the last play of SB XLV. But he quickly retracted that opinion after the replay was shown.

BTW, we "always" get them because they are the #1 network broadcasting duo and they are assigned to the most important game, which often involves the Packers. That frequency alone would seem to refute the notion that the network and it's #1 broadcasting team hates our team.
Please go rewatch it, his comments are snide and rude. He has a distaste for sure. Say what you want, but this is not my opinion, more people around the fan base besides me agree that he and buck are giant tool bags.......and how is some things that they said "my opinion", you make no sense.

Sky King

Reaction score
Please go rewatch it, his comments are snide and rude. He has a distaste for sure. Say what you want, but this is not my opinion, more people around the fan base besides me agree that he and buck are giant tool bags.......and how is some things that they said "my opinion", you make no sense.
Let me put it in perspective for you. You have an opinion. Other people also have opinions. It is a fact that people have opinions. Opinions are like fannies. Everyone has one. Not all opinions are the same, just like fannies.

Oshkosh is a city in Wisconsin. That is a fact. Oshkosh has an airport. That is also a fact. I like the airport in Oshkosh and think the approach off Lake Winnebago is very picturesque. That is an opinion. Mine.

Aikman and Buck are NFL broadcasters. That is a fact. You dislike Aikman and Buck. That is also a fact. You think that Aikman and Buck are "giant tool bags." That is an opinion. Yours.

Hopefully, I went slow enough that you were able to keep up. (That statement is both snide and rude on my part and I sincerely apologize for having said so. But I trust that you get the point.)

That said, what were the snide and rude remarks that Aikman and Buck have allegedly stated that have formed your opinion? Re-stating your opinion of these men being giant tool bags is not helpful at this point since you have already revealed to us what that opinion is. What is not known are the exact snide and rude comments that you allege these men have made. It is not a trick question. (Another snide and rude remark on my part that is made solely for emphasis and clarification, and one for that I also apologize.)

What have you got?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Wow, way to be a giant ***hole and I see you have a lot in common with aikman.
Let me go slow enough for you: if a person says something (aikman) and i dont like it, it is not an opinion that he said such things, that would be fact that he said things in question. My opinion of him and his puppet are from many games watched in that he and his puppet boy find ways to pick us apart. They are far from unbias. The recent philly game shocked the pure hell out of me to hear something decent actually come out of his mouth. I doubt he was genuine. He has been called out many times for being a pack hater and never had the balls to respond.
This is over as far as i am concerned. You are being added to the ignore list. Glad to put some loud mouth newb on there with a quickness.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AHH, you know we are having a good season when we have an active thread about TV announcers.

Hey, if Buck and Aikman are the game of the week announcers and we are good enough to qualify as "game of the week" or good enough to be flexed to Sunday night and have people complain about Collinsworth, I'll take it. That's a great problem to have. :tup:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me put it in perspective for you. You have an opinion. Other people also have opinions. It is a fact that people have opinions. Opinions are like fannies. Everyone has one. Not all opinions are the same, just like fannies.

Oshkosh is a city in Wisconsin. That is a fact. Oshkosh has an airport. That is also a fact. I like the airport in Oshkosh and think the approach off Lake Winnebago is very picturesque. That is an opinion. Mine.

Aikman and Buck are NFL broadcasters. That is a fact. You dislike Aikman and Buck. That is also a fact. You think that Aikman and Buck are "giant tool bags." That is an opinion. Yours.

Hopefully, I went slow enough that you were able to keep up. (That statement is both snide and rude on my part and I sincerely apologize for having said so. But I trust that you get the point.)

That said, what were the snide and rude remarks that Aikman and Buck have allegedly stated that have formed your opinion? Re-stating your opinion of these men being giant tool bags is not helpful at this point since you have already revealed to us what that opinion is. What is not known are the exact snide and rude comments that you allege these men have made. It is not a trick question. (Another snide and rude remark on my part that is made solely for emphasis and clarification, and one for that I also apologize.)

What have you got?

Sometimes it's very hard to get people to give evidence to back opinions. From experience on here, if someone does not give it after being asked once or twice, it will not come.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I have given a small blurb of what i can recall from a year ago. I am not the one who said he would rewatch the dvr of that game i spoke of....... Either way, I am waiting. I even tried to google up a site that allows me to watch a replay of that game and nothing to be found.

Sky King

Reaction score
Wow, way to be a giant ***hole and I see you have a lot in common with aikman.
Let me go slow enough for you: if a person says something (aikman) and i dont like it, it is not an opinion that he said such things, that would be fact that he said things in question. My opinion of him and his puppet are from many games watched in that he and his puppet boy find ways to pick us apart. They are far from unbias. The recent philly game shocked the pure hell out of me to hear something decent actually come out of his mouth. I doubt he was genuine. He has been called out many times for being a pack hater and never had the balls to respond.
This is over as far as i am concerned. You are being added to the ignore list. Glad to put some loud mouth newb on there with a quickness.
Et tu, Brute?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only one you can really point to that has a negative slant is florio since he is a self proclaimed viking fan.
Remember when a couple of years ago Air-Run was at the GB airport and he walked by an old lady cancer survivor
who wanted his autograph? Florio took that personally and just ripped on Air-Run in PFT like crazy.
It turns out that Air-Run was just listening to music and was just focused on getting to the plane and didn't ignore her on purpose. She also already had an autograph and why she wanted another one, I don't know.
Florio then realized what a jerk he was and wrote up a "My bad" column later.
And now with the whole AP thing he wants it resolved or thinks the NFL needs to stick by the policy.
Frankly, I am fine if they are changing things.
He beat his kid and didn't treat him fair. Why should AP be treated fairly?
There is no excuse for what AP did. It's more serious than most are treating it and the longer he doesn't play the better.
I would love to see him go the way Ray Rice did.

Members online

Latest posts