What ya think about TT???

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley and Cobb are out. If you add Sterling Sharpe that makes 6 WRs. Its not TT's fault that Sharpe had his career end early. It really baffles me how you can count guys who are OUT as being part of our receiving corps.

Try this parallel. Rodgers, Wallace, Tolzien. Not TT's fault AR got injured. We have no QB problems.

Sterling Sharpe???

His career ended in the 90s like 10 years before TT even got to Green Bay.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess it was foolish to blame TT for not having a guy to replace AR who was injured THIS season. Its the GMs job to have backups for starters. When that job produces bad backups, the GM did a bad job.

Started with 5 receivers. You wanted him to have two back ups. You wanted him to seven WRs on the roster.

There's kinda a roster limit.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Sterling Sharpe???

His career ended in the 90s like 10 years before TT even got to Green Bay.

That is STILL TT's fault, Carl. It's also TT's fault that the Rockwood Lodge burned in '50.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do I think about TT?
You mean the ***** Twister?
This place?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

No thanks. I heard it's really dead.
However if you really want to find out if you actually do bleed Green and Gold then maybe it's the place to go to after all.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett missed more tackles than any player on the defense in 2012. Isn't this a TT thread? Sorry that's nitpicky. ;)

Just curious what you disagreed with in my initial reply? I'm not trying to pick some forum-fight, just wondering what I might have missed.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see someone against TT find multiple examples of teams who have fired regimes after this little down time following so much success and then immediately be better.

If it's the right thing to do, it must have happened and worked before, right?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Personally, I'd like to see someone against TT find multiple examples of teams who have fired regimes after this little down time following so much success and then immediately be better.

If it's the right thing to do, it must have happened and worked before, right?

Actually it happened only two years ago in Indianapolis. After the Colts went 2-14 without their star QB the Colts fired their GM. Since then they're 19-10

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Bus since you admit that we were very good at WR, who brought in 4 of those five receivers?

I bet you won't answer though because then you'd have to credit TT with something.
You know what is funny? I have Bus on ignore and can't see any of his posts. None of this thread made a lick of sense until this post because all of Bus's posts are not shown.

Ignore button for Bus - I recommend it! Come on, you know what he is going to post anyway.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vast majority of us agree that the QB fiasco falls on TT/MM. I'll leave the WR conclusion to you.
And what would you have done differently? Be specific. Give us names and salaries for your backups as well as how you would have acquired them.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

And what would you have done differently? Be specific. Give us names and salaries for your backups as well as how you would have acquired them.

Most importantly they should have known that Harrell and Coleman can't play before the start of the offseason and signed or drafted a backup then. Signing two QBs AFTER camp to backup Rodgers was a huge mistake.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most importantly they should have known that Harrell and Coleman can't play before the start of the offseason and signed or drafted a backup then. Signing two QBs AFTER camp to backup Rodgers was a huge mistake.
Where are the posts you made back in March making that suggestion?

Hindsight=20/20

Coleman was certainly worth bringing back for a second camp.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I've done that before on three occasions. I've not limited my criticism to just who the better player might have been but also how and when it was done. Since Harrell was on and off the Packers for 3 1/2 years, I don't think its a stretch to assume that they could have done a better or more expeditous evaluation of him. But I can see your point, maybe you have to keep a bum on our roster for 4-5 years before you cut bait and run. As to what I would have done differently. I would have many plans here. I'll list just 5 that would be preferred to cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 6 days before the season opener.

1) I would have preferred cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 7 days before the season opener.
2) I would have preferred cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 8 days before the season opener.
3) I would have preferred cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 9 days before the season opener.
4) I would have preferred cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 10 days before the season opener.
5) I would have preferred cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 11 days before the season opener.

I feel that all of those options would have been preferred because each of them would have given whoever we chose to be our 2nd and 3rd QB more time to learn the system. I would have paid Wallace the exact same salary that he was given 6 days before the season. I would have signed him as a street free agent, prior to 6 days before the season opener.

I really don't understand the last few remaining TT die hards that still defend what happened to our QB position. There is no arguing that Harrell was a sudden surprise. He was on our roster THREE and a HALF years. We released the guy THREE times. I don't think it would be a stretch to conclude that player X would be more prepared to start if he had more time to prepare, rather than less. That would apply to Wallace, Young and Flynn.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Where are the posts you made back in March making that suggestion?

Hindsight=20/20

Coleman was certainly worth bringing back for a second camp.

I don't see them practice every single day, so when TT and MM think that Coleman can play I have to trust them.

Now, it's obvious they were completely wrong about him.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't understand the last few remaining TT die hards that still defend what happened to our QB position.
What I don't understand is those who tend to oversimplify everything. If it was as easy as you think it is to find starting quality qbs who are willing to accept a backup role and salary, then every team would have two or three.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
What I don't understand is those who tend to oversimplify everything. If it was as easy as you think it is to find starting quality qbs who are willing to accept a backup role and salary, then every team would have two or three.
What's so difficult to understand. I would love to make this more complicated than it is but;

6+x>6 where x is a positive number.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Of course it's tough to find a quality backup. But I'm quite sure Wallace, Tolzien and Flynn would have been able to benefit from an entire offseason with the team instead of being signed after camp ended.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it happened only two years ago in Indianapolis. After the Colts went 2-14 without their star QB the Colts fired their GM. Since then they're 19-10

I'd say that was more about better QB play than anything else.

A GM can't come in and get one player who will make the Packers so much better like what happened to the Colts.

The Raiders and Browns are teams that have been giving up on guys early for years and it's never made them better.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course it's tough to find a quality backup. But I'm quite sure Wallace, Tolzien and Flynn would have been able to benefit from an entire offseason with the team instead of being signed after camp ended.

Those guys were on other rosters except Wallace, who has never impressed me anyway going all the way back to college.

I still think Tolzien is a keeper for future backup. In fact, I would go intonext season with exactly what we have now in him and Flynn.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
1) I would have preferred cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 7 days before the season opener.
2) I would have preferred cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 8 days before the season opener.
3) I would have preferred cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 9 days before the season opener.
4) I would have preferred cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 10 days before the season opener.
5) I would have preferred cutting Harrell and bringing in a new QB 11 days before the season opener.

I really don't understand the last few remaining TT die hards that still defend what happened to our QB position. There is no arguing that Harrell was a sudden surprise. He was on our roster THREE and a HALF years. We released the guy THREE times. I don't think it would be a stretch to conclude that player X would be more prepared to start if he had more time to prepare, rather than less. That would apply to Wallace, Young and Flynn.

I think your 6, 7, 8 days before season has run its course...

Since "majority" here dont go to training camp or have insider info, it is hard to know what is happening ....so they go by reports

Some may just trust the coaches and Ted..

So why is it so wrong people just trust the profesionals?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The Thompson hater apparently ignored the fact that Vince Young was signed 4 weeks and 5 days before the opener, so much for 6+x>6 where 6=6 and the poster hates Thompson so much he can't see straight. I'll leave it to him to count the days.

Then Captain WIMM suggested the Packers should have known a QB going into his second season couldn't play before that second off season even started. And then the Captain advocates for the spring signings of two QBs it was impossible for the Packers to sign in the spring.

:rolleyes:

Look, of course Thompson makes mistakes. He said himself he should have signed Young earlier to give him a better chance to learn the system. He took the blame for Young not making the team, even though it clearly wasn't all on him.

In summary, here's what I think of Thompson: He's one of the best GMs in the league and, like every other human, he makes mistakes.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The Thompson hater apparently ignored the fact that Vince Young was signed 4 weeks and 5 days before the opener, so much for 6+x>6 where 6=6 and the poster hates Thompson so much he can't see straight. I'll leave it to him to count the days.

Then Captain WIMM suggested the Packers should have known a QB going into his second season couldn't play before that second off season even started. And then the Captain advocates for the spring signings of two QBs it was impossible for the Packers to sign in the spring.

:rolleyes:

Look, of course Thompson makes mistakes. He said himself he should have signed Young earlier to give him a better chance to learn the system. He took the blame for Young not making the team, even though it clearly wasn't all on him.

In summary, here's what I think of Thompson: He's one of the best GMs in the league and, like every other human, he makes mistakes.
And to put an exclamation point on all of this... Seneca Wallace might have won a couple of those games. We'll never know and that's just fuel for the burn TT fire.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts