What ya think about TT???

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, the last 5 games. I don't get your point here. We are judging TT NOW, not in 1975, 2010 or in High School Band. Right NOW evidence of his accomplishment is poor. This so paralles the Dom Capers thread. Yes, Dom was a really good if not great DC back in the day. NOW that's questionable at best. Times change. People change. The game changes. Right now, it is crystal clear that if AR was back and TT was gone, we would have a better team than if AR was gone and TT was here.

Running back is really laughable. In TT's entire time here, we've had one year of Grant, who was a middling at best. We now have Lacy, who looks to be above a middling, but after 9 games no rational fan would annoint him the second coming of John Brockington. In fact, other than the Oline, I would call RB, TT's biggest failing.

We have managed a tie in our best performance without AR, so I hope that you're wrong about us being worse with out TT. I'd hate to tie the Lions record with AR and no TT.

You're not really making sensing to me. I was under the impression we were judging TT now, not previous years.

And since we are talking about right now, we STILL have Jones, Cobb, Jordy, Boykin, and Finley. Injured or not, those are all are good players that TT brought in.

You must somehow think it's TT's fault that Finley got hurt and he couldn't find a starting quality back up mid season. I would have had a really good tight end sitting on the bench just in case....

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams like tbe Browns, Bucs, even Jaguars have won a bunch of games this past month with crappy QB's.

I'm just extremely disappointed we've gone 0-for-5 so far without Rodgers.
The most skeptical of Thompson-fans would have said at worst, we would have won 2 of these past 5 games, and that would put is in a 1st place tie.

But we've won none.

That's truly pathetic. And it falls 100% on Thompson end-of-story.
Whether it's players or coaches, both areas are his responsibility.

Am I saying "fire him"?
Hell no.

But I am saying what many of you have said for years, and that's adapt to assembling a roster other than the tried & true build from within technique he solely uses.

We all wanted him to add a new safety this year if not last year, a legit talent or veteran.
He's ignored it, putting his chips all in on J-Mac and MD. Fail.

The Broncos were great last year.
And they added Wes Welker in free agency.

Seattle was great last year.
They added Percy Harvin and a few studs on defense.

The Niners were great last year and kicked our arses.
San Francisco traded a 6th round pick for Anquan Boldin this off-season.

Teddy relies on Jerel Worthy's and Nick Perry's and Datone Jones to boost us past everyone, ignoring the fact that those better teams also draft players.
TT seems to believe his drafting skills are so much better than everyone else, they alone can better those teams who draft and add talent via UFA methods.

Yes, I do agree we should have won a game or two in the last five. I'm glad though you're smart enough to be on the same page in that five games is no where near grounds for TT firing.

Just want to point out the Broncos will go all out spending until Manning is gone soon trying to win it all.

Seattle hasn't had to pay Wilson and their best defensive player in Sherman top dollar yet like we've paid Rodgers and Matthews. The 49ers haven't had to pay Kaepernick yet either. Those two teams have a lot more extra money for other players than we do. I guarantee both of them will either lose players or stop spending as much after dishing out some new contracts.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That's 23 consecutive including playoffs.
The Packers lost the 14th game of the 2010 regular season at New England, then finished the regular season with two wins and of course won four playoff games, that's 6. They won the first 13 games of the 2011 regular before losing at Kansas City. That's 19 consecutive wins including the playoffs.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett missed more tackles than any player on the defense in 2012. Isn't this a TT thread? Sorry that's nitpicky. ;)
Yeah, pointing out ththat Shields shouldn't count as Capers being able to develop players because Shields wasn't a draft pick is nitpicky.

And yes, Burnett had more missed tackles but he also had the most tackles on the team so it sort of stands to reason that he'd miss more tackles. He also had the second most stops in the run game and played every snap on defense while commiting very few penalties.

Oh, and since TT's job is to get players how would you best evaluate him without discussing players? Should we instead discuss his haircut?

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
You're not really making sensing to me.
And since we are talking about right now, we STILL have Jones, Cobb, Jordy, Boykin, and Finley
I'm not making sense? You do know that there is very good chance that Finley may never play football again and Cobb isn't even able to come back for a few more games. So how do we still have them? Is our defensive backfield still elite because we STILL have Nick Collins?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not making sense? You do know that there is very good chance that Finley may never play football again and Cobb isn't even able to come back for a few more games. So how do we still have them? Is our defensive backfield still elite because we STILL have Nick Collins?

At mid season or so, they were performing for the Packers..To say we might not have them doesnt hold true because they were hurt..Ted did his job in those areas

Bus Cook

Reaction score
At mid season or so, they were performing for the Packers..To say we might not have them doesnt hold true because they were hurt..Ted did his job in those areas
I don't agree. We lost two WRs last year, who were PTPs in Driver and Jennings. Your replace those two with the uncertain possibility that Boykin may become something. You are still one short and that's before you consider the very real possibility of injury, that time has shown to be real. Our D sucks, our Oline sucks, our running game (prior to the season) sucked, our special teams sucked. So our only strength going into the season, other than AR, was our passing game and TT managed to mess that up too. Call it what you will, excuse all that you may, but right now we have three WR that would have a chance to make the roster on 90% of the teams out there. We don't have another one that would make ANY roster. That on a team that used to be known for a 5 man spread. Shameful

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't agree. We lost two WRs last year, who were PTPs in Driver and Jennings. Your replace those two with the uncertain possibility that Boykin may become something. You are still one short and that's before you consider the very real possibility of injury, that time has shown to be real. Our D sucks, our Oline sucks, our running game (prior to the season) sucked, our special teams sucked. So our only strength going into the season, other than AR, was our passing game and TT managed to mess that up too. Call it what you will, excuse all that you may, but right now we have three WR that would have a chance to make the roster on 90% of the teams out there. We don't have another one that would make ANY roster. That on a team that used to be known for a 5 man spread. Shameful

If DD didn't contribute last year what did we really lose? We lost Jennings after making an attempt to resign him. Boykins has shown strong potential. So TT saved $8 mil by not signing Jennings and it was the next man up. I don't see how you could see this as anything but a win on his part.

Pay a bunch of money to Jennings? That sounds like a terrible idea. I'd rather play long ball and use the money on Nelson.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams like tbe Browns, Bucs, even Jaguars have won a bunch of games this past month with crappy QB's.

I'm just extremely disappointed we've gone 0-for-5 so far without Rodgers.
The most skeptical of Thompson-fans would have said at worst, we would have won 2 of these past 5 games, and that would put is in a 1st place tie.

But we've won none.

That's truly pathetic. And it falls 100% on Thompson end-of-story.
Whether it's players or coaches, both areas are his responsibility.

Am I saying "fire him"?
Hell no.

But I am saying what many of you have said for years, and that's adapt to assembling a roster other than the tried & true build from within technique he solely uses.

We all wanted him to add a new safety this year if not last year, a legit talent or veteran.
He's ignored it, putting his chips all in on J-Mac and MD. Fail.

The Broncos were great last year.
And they added Wes Welker in free agency.

Seattle was great last year.
They added Percy Harvin and a few studs on defense.

The Niners were great last year and kicked our arses.
San Francisco traded a 6th round pick for Anquan Boldin this off-season.

Teddy relies on Jerel Worthy's and Nick Perry's and Datone Jones to boost us past everyone, ignoring the fact that those better teams also draft players.
TT seems to believe his drafting skills are so much better than everyone else, they alone can better those teams who draft and add talent via UFA methods.

You screamed for a run game. Fixed. You screamed for an o line. It's better (somewhat).

What safety did you want ted to get?

I get your upset about the losses but you realize the injuries aren't his fault right? That cobb being out isn't his fault. Hayward. Matthews. Rodgers. Ect.

I agree with the other poster who pointed out Seattle and SF haven't had to pay their stars so they are afforded a luxury of spending money on FAs.

Trading for boldin or harvin wasn't a viable option for the packers, but what has harvin done for Seattle? He's a playmaker but at this point it looks like a mistake was made by the gm to trade for a player who came to Seattle with some serious injuries.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
… but right now we have three WR that would have a chance to make the roster on 90% of the teams out there. We don't have another one that would make ANY roster.
Thompson went into the season with 3 WRs – Nelson, Cobb, and Jones - who would make 100% of the teams “out there” and a TE who was a WR-like receiving threat. He also had a WR in Boykin that we now know would also make the roster of many other teams - even the WR the Packers waived (Ross) made another team’s roster.

Driver and Jennings were indeed part-timers. DD started one game and caught 8 passes in 2012. Jennings was out one-half of the season, started only 5 games and caught 36 passes. Driver was a shell of his former self and the combined production of Driver and Jennings (because of injury) was 6 games started and 44 receptions. Boykin has started 5 games and has 34 receptions to date. And we can only guess what his production would have been if Rodgers had played every game.

You are persistent in your ignorance: To include Driver as a significant loss is just one more example of how your hatred of Thompson blinds you. Driver ended the regular season tied with Crabtree for 8th on the team in receptions. And Crabtree had 120 more yards and one more TD than Driver. In spite of the games Jennings missed, the Packers finished that season 9th in passing yards, 5th in scoring, 2nd in passing TDs, and first in passer rating. Your anti-Thompson bias has you using Rodgers’ absence to bash Thompson regarding the WRs on the roster. What is truly shameful is you calling yourself a Packers fan.

Bus Cook

Reaction score
If DD didn't contribute last year what did we really lose? We lost Jennings after making an attempt to resign him. Boykins has shown strong potential. So TT saved $8 mil by not signing Jennings and it was the next man up. I don't see how you could see this as anything but a win on his part.

Pay a bunch of money to Jennings? That sounds like a terrible idea. I'd rather play long ball and use the money on Nelson.
If your goal was to save $8mil, TT won. If you goal was to have a 5WR spread offense, that's just not possible. I never mentioned signing Jennings. I mentioned having a WR to replace him and Driver. Of course DD didn't play much. Never said we ran the 5WR spread offense on every snap, but when we do, you do need 5WRs. Not that tough. 5>3

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If your goal was to save $8mil, TT won. If you goal was to have a 5WR spread offense, that's just not possible. I never mentioned signing Jennings. I mentioned having a WR to replace him and Driver. Of course DD didn't play much. Never said we ran the 5WR spread offense on every snap, but when we do, you do need 5WRs. Not that tough. 5>3

Nelson + Jones + Cobb + Boykin + Finley (or ross) ...

I am not sure if got this as it has been awhile since I did 1st grade math, but let me see, yes, I do believe that is 5, I am not sure though, you may want to check my math.

5=5

You act as if TT went into the season with only 3 receivers on the roster. But hey, don't let facts get in your way, rant on!

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are literally blaming Ted for not having having guys to replace two guys who were injured THIS season. He can't predict future.

It's shameful to not have a five WR deep team? I'm pretty sure we ran a five WR set because we could. We didn't have that scheme and then fit guys in. Their goal is to have a good offense no matter what formation, which they do with Rodgers.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Bus since you admit that we were very good at WR, who brought in 4 of those five receivers?

I bet you won't answer though because then you'd have to credit TT with something.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Bus since you admit that we were very good at WR, who brought in 4 of those five receivers?

I bet you won't answer though because then you'd have to credit TT with something.

In my best Bus voice with the my fingers in my ears...

na, na, na, na, I can't hear you.

And with that, I am done picking on Bus. :D

Bus Cook

Reaction score
Nelson + Jones + Cobb + Boykin + Finley (or ross) ...

I am not sure if got this as it has been awhile since I did 1st grade math, but let me see, yes, I do believe that is 5, I am not sure though, you may want to check my math.

5=5

You act as if TT went into the season with only 3 receivers on the roster. But hey, don't let facts get in your way, rant on!
Finley and Cobb are out. If you add Sterling Sharpe that makes 6 WRs. Its not TT's fault that Sharpe had his career end early. It really baffles me how you can count guys who are OUT as being part of our receiving corps.

Try this parallel. Rodgers, Wallace, Tolzien. Not TT's fault AR got injured. We have no QB problems.

Bus Cook

Reaction score
You are literally blaming Ted for not having having guys to replace two guys who were injured THIS season. He can't predict future.

It's shameful to not have a five WR deep team? I'm pretty sure we ran a five WR set because we could. We didn't have that scheme and then fit guys in. Their goal is to have a good offense no matter what formation, which they do with Rodgers.
I guess it was foolish to blame TT for not having a guy to replace AR who was injured THIS season. Its the GMs job to have backups for starters. When that job produces bad backups, the GM did a bad job.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley and Cobb are out. If you add Sterling Sharpe that makes 6 WRs. Its not TT's fault that Sharpe had his career end early. It really baffles me how you can count guys who are OUT as being part of our receiving corps.

Wait a second, you spend your entire time in this thread ranting about the loss of Driver & Gennings, during the offseason, suggesting that TT did nothing to give us a 5 WR set this year. Then when I point out the total of 6 players that were able to be used in a 5 WR set to begin this year, now you suddenly change your tune to saying he has not done anything to address the 5 WR set during the season?

Which is it Bus? He did nothing to address the 5 WR set at the start of the season or he did nothing to address the 5 WR set halfway through the season? Please tell me which point you are trying to actually make here so I can respond appropriately.

Try this parallel. Rodgers, Wallace, Tolzien. Not TT's fault AR got injured. We have no QB problems.

Parallel? The only parallel here is the parallel universe that you live in next to the rest of us.

Bus Cook

Reaction score
Wait a second, you spend your entire time in this thread ranting about the loss of Driver & Gennings, during the offseason, suggesting that TT did nothing to give us a 5 WR set this year. Then when I point out the total of 6 players that were able to be used in a 5 WR set to begin this year, now you suddenly change your tune to saying he has not done anything to address the 5 WR set during the season?

Which is it Bus? He did nothing to address the 5 WR set at the start of the season or he did nothing to address the 5 WR set halfway through the season? Please tell me which point you are trying to actually make here so I can respond appropriately.

Parallel? The only parallel here is the parallel universe that you live in next to the rest of us.
If you can't see the parallel, I won't be able to help you. At both positions, we lost key player(s) DURING the season. It can be argued that both positions lacked adequate back up. The vast majority of us agree that the QB fiasco falls on TT/MM. I'll leave the WR conclusion to you. But right now, as in today, we have below average TEs and we have 2 WR that are experienced and good. One of whom, missed many games this year. So at one point this season we had Nelson and a bunch of street free agents playing WR. If you think that's good, I'll agree to disagree with you. Of course the problem is related to unforeseen injuries, but in MANY other threads, it has been debated that this rash of annual "unforeseen injuries" has got be pinned on something besides bad luck. Its been three years of unforeseen injuries that are no one's fault. I don't by into it any more than the whole "what team would win the super bowl with their 4th string QB" arguement.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers lost the 14th game of the 2010 regular season at New England, then finished the regular season with two wins and of course won four playoff games, that's 6. They won the first 13 games of the 2011 regular before losing at Kansas City. That's 19 consecutive wins including the playoffs.
Okay, it was Rodgers with 24 wins in 25 games during that stretch that I was thinking of.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts