What should we consider to be a success for LaFleur and team next season?

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
playoffs shouldn't be unattainable. winning the division would be a great goal, but since the bears should be very good again i wouldn't consider the season a failure if they don't.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoff appearance would be nice. Offense in the top 15 and defense in the top half I would think be considered a success.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has to happen for LaFleur and company next season to consider the season a success?

The Superbowl, I mean that's what every HC expects right?

I mean in all seriousness, my expectations personally are a bit lower because we don't know yet what our players are going to look like in the LaFleur offense. That would I think be my expectations whether or not the overall record is improved is seeing Rodgers look comfortable and fire his passes with ease, and not play the hold hold and chuck it deep game all the time. Need to see more tempo and mix in draws, 5 WR packages, and do something to start getting defenses off balance and off guard.

Bottom line, the offense improving is what's most paramount to me. If that improves but we don't make the playoffs, then we kick the defensive staff out.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's going to be a learning curve, for everyone. How quickly it comes together is just a guess. Maybe it hurts us early, maybe we catch some breaks and they happen at a time that doesn't keep us from the post season. I'd like to see some more of those big games we play well enough to be in, actually turn into wins. But most importantly, I want to see more crispness, more discipline. Things we've had in the past, but only fleeting times in recent seasons. outside of that We don't even have a complete staff and this roster has its own holes that need to be addressed so who knows what level of wins or losses is "successful" for us. I'd expect us to be "better" :)

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like a playoff victory. 6-9-1 this year, and they lost a handful of games (Minnesota, New England, Seattle, Los Angeles off the top of my head) that would have turned this 6-9-1 team into a 8-8, even a 10-6 team and in the playoffs. I would hope the defense (if Pettine is retained) would be better on their 2nd year, plus draft well. The offense isn't that far off and if LaFleur can bring some innovation and get Rodgers motivated. I think Rodgers bad attitude was an accumulation of half a decade of complacency (which they touched upon at the conference) and it made Rodgers look worse. I compare it to the guy that retaliates and gets the personal foul. We see a reaction of the monotony of the play calling and think "Rodgers is uncoachable" I don't want to get let down next year, but I really feel like the team isn't THAT far off from being a contender. The pieces are there, a little renovation and innovation, more experience as a lot of players were on the first year (in the league and on the team). Maybe I am way off and already have too high of hopes but I hope not!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
When you have Aaron Rodgers, the goal is to always win Super Bowls. All they talked about in LaFleur's presser was working to the point of winning championships, so that should definitely be the goal.

We need to see the offense get back to a top flight unit as it's been in the past and we need to see Pettine's defense continue to make strides to become a top 10 unit.

All of this though is contingent on Gute executing a great offseason to acquire more talent.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the first year I'd be fine with 8-8 or 9-7. Next year's schedule is going to be tough; but if we are either of those records I can almost guarantee the Vikings and Bears will be in similar or worse shape. We SHOULD have a shot at the Wildcard, but this is three part equation, coaching is only one part. Gute has to do his part in the Draft and Free Agency.

Reaction score
I’m with Yooper. A winning record would be a realistic expectation. The playoffs would be a bonus with all of the changes and new blood going into next season.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We will make the playoffs. I don't think people realize how poor of a coach McCarthy is,but they will soon.
Really. I am not as down on this team as most seem to be. That any given Sunday, 3 plays per game thing. I'd look for a division round playoff game at home as the cherry on top but will realistically expect an appearance in that game.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has to happen for LaFleur and company next season to consider the season a success?

I've thought about this, but I haven't come up with a definitive answer yet. I'll give it the eye test - If I see things moving generally in the right direction, I'll be happy about it.

This current roster has a lot of deficiencies.....A lot is going to depend on what transpires between now and the first official kickoff. No matter who the coach is, Green Bay needs more talent.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 wins.

That's my bar.
I expect a Frank ***** type of transformation. We'll go from a one man show to a competent team all around. And Rodgers will be fresh at the end of the season.

McCarthy really had no plan, other than to depend on Rodgers to carry him throughout the season. Which is why the team stunk as soon as he went down or was injured.

Members online

Latest posts