What should we consider to be a success for LaFleur and team next season?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That might be good to help get us off to a fast start but I doubt if it will carry over past the first 4 or 5 games. Of course if we start out 3-1 or 4-1 maybe that will help keep the ball rolling. If we struggle and go .500 or worse it may come crashing down hard if he isn't all we are hoping he will be.
In my opinion the biggest key to the Packers winning another Super Bowl is to have home field advantage in the playoffs. That has to be emphasized.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion the biggest key to the Packers winning another Super Bowl is to have home field advantage in the playoffs. That has to be emphasized.
Rodgers emphasized that every yr they get eliminated.. and then the last two yrs happened

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to do whatever they possibly can to be good for the next 3 years get ab trade for whoever they can sign the best players that are available I don’t give to clicks about if they are a diva or not at this point they play to win NOW if they aren’t then get rid of Rodgers.... they have a solid 3 yrs left i dont care if they old young etc if they are good get them.. I’d trade both firsts Perry and graham for AB if I had too.. it’s AB... u catch my drift

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can emphasize that if you have a stacked team. the Packers aren't that...far from it. they'll be out from under Rodgers contract before that ever happens.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
After the last two season I would consider the next season a success for LaFleur if he were to so much as get us a winning record. would prefer at least 10 wins, obviously the goal is to win the division and make the playoffs but I would be happy with progress of a 10 win season.

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
I need to see the draft and free agency signings to predict the Packers success next season. Of course we all want a Superbowl, but will that be realistic with the personnel the Packers have an obtain? This isn't just about LaFleur, but also about Gute, and ultimately about Mark Murphy's leadership, and that worries me.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Do we need to list the playoff heartbreaks record at home?
No one bats a thousand at home. Even the Patriots have lost a few home games in the Brady/Belichick era. But if you have the choice, you want to play at home. That’s the only point.

Home games guarantee you nothing. But I can promise you that the Chiefs and Saints are in commanding positions due to having home field. Not that they will certainly win, but it provides a huge advantage.

The Colts, a dome team, having to go to Kansas City and deal with the elements was a huge factor in yesterday’s game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not the way I read

but that could just be me.
I don’t understand the confusion. Home field advantage is preferable, and would be an advantage over visiting opponents, thus in my view increasing the odds of getting back to the Super Bowl. Not difficult to follow that logic.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course, HFA advantage is preferable. The confusion comes from "the biggest key" designation. I believe there are other, more important, factors which, if addressed properly, would be more important in allowing the team to advance, even from a position of Visitor.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Home games guarantee you nothing. But I can promise you that the Chiefs and Saints are in commanding positions due to having home field.
True, but also because those teams are good enough to earn home field in the first place. At the moment, we are not that good.

As for the original question, the answer has to be either a winning record, or making the playoffs. I think the two are close enough together that we might as well say the latter. So success next season for LaFleur would be returning us to the playoffs. We were fixtures there for years, after all.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Of course, HFA advantage is preferable. The confusion comes from "the biggest key" designation. I believe there are other, more important, factors which, if addressed properly, would be more important in allowing the team to advance, even from a position of Visitor.
If the Packers have home field advantage, that means many of the other areas you’re alluding to were taken care of though. Because that usually means you’ve won 12 or more games, which also means you have a very good team.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And having that very good team that won those games meant that several important keys had to occur prior to the playoffs. Semantics, so done, except maybe to add that, if HFA is the biggest key, why stop there? The Lombardi is the biggest key, no? OK, now done. :)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
And having that very good team that won those games meant that several important keys had to occur prior to the playoffs. Semantics, so done, except maybe to add that, if HFA is the biggest key, why stop there? The Lombardi is the biggest key, no? OK, now done. :)
Just take your L and move on.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meanwhile, the Patriots made their eighth consecutive AFC Championship Game today, and this was supposed to be a down year for them. It's amazing. How the heck do they keep doing it?

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to do whatever they possibly can to be good for the next 3 years get ab trade for whoever they can sign the best players that are available I don’t give to clicks about if they are a diva or not at this point they play to win NOW if they aren’t then get rid of Rodgers.... they have a solid 3 yrs left i dont care if they old young etc if they are good get them.. I’d trade both firsts Perry and graham for AB if I had too.. it’s AB... u catch my drift

No one wants Perry, or his contract.

ArkansasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't read the entire thread, but I would really like to see some solid moves in free agency. We obviously want to have the best draft possible, but we need some more playmakers with experience. Hope to see improvements made there during free agency.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** and dunk, quick shots, no penalties. good D.
**** and dunk works a lot like a game control power running game. Move the chains, wear down the defense, keep the ball out of the opposing team's hands, rest your defense, increase your time of possession. Have to be efficient at it though, and not make mistakes. Not sure if Rodgers would excel at it, or even if he would the patience for it. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You CANNOT have Aaron Rodgers and miss the playoffs idc who the HC is. You do NOT rebuild you reload. If the Packers don’t make the playoffs Lafleurs first season will be considered a FAILURE plain and simple. Gute, MM and whoever else all need to reload this off season...doesn’t matter how much they have to spend to get some playmakers here. They need at least two top tier free agents.

Members online

Latest posts