What Receivers (WR) Return In 2022...Pre-Training Camp Poll

What WRs are back in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Will Adams be back? One of his latest Tweets below seems "Aaron Rodgers like". Is he talking about the Aaron Rodgers situation? His own contract negotiations and future in Green Bay? Personally, I'm getting tired of all this guys using social media in a way that they are pretending to not want to say anything, by saying something.

Attachments

• davante.jpg
    davante.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 129

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will Adams be back? One of his latest Tweets below seems "Aaron Rodgers like". Is he talking about the Aaron Rodgers situation? His own contract negotiations and future in Green Bay? Personally, I'm getting tired of all this guys using social media in a way that they are pretending to not want to say anything, by saying something.
They use media to vent and to put pressure on mgmnt. It is not good business for mgmnt. to respond in kind. imo

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why on earth would the Packers want to give Josh Gordon his 8th chance to "make it" in the NFL? The guy clearly values MANY other behaviors over doing what's necessary to play in the NFL, so IMHO it's best to let him continue those behaviors on his own. There is plenty of WR talent on the Packer roster that needs to step up and play to earn a roster spot AND earn another contract in GB.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why on earth would the Packers want to give Josh Gordon his 8th chance to "make it" in the NFL? The guy clearly values MANY other behaviors over doing what's necessary to play in the NFL, so IMHO it's best to let him continue those behaviors on his own. There is plenty of WR talent on the Packer roster that needs to step up and play to earn a roster spot AND earn another contract in GB.

Skill present vs cost of acquiring.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They use media to vent and to put pressure on mgmnt. It is not good business for mgmnt. to respond in kind. imo

I also don't think its good practice for players to play the cat and mouse games that we are seeing some of them play through Social Media. Adams used to be a pretty humble and quiet guy, now it seems like his elevation to a top player has opened him up to being "one of those guys".

I'm a bit of a hypocrite for saying this, because I participate in it, but I kind of miss the days when we as fans, as well as the media weren't privy to so much "news, rumors and speculation". These days if a player farts in Walmart, not only are we going to read about it, but there will probably be 5 different camera angles of it and millions of people speculating as to what that fart meant!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Josh Gordon needs another chance to show he won't make it in the NFL.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think Josh Gordon needs another chance to show he won't make it in the NFL.
Agree and THAT chance comes at the cost of giving another person a chance. I don't know, I hope Josh can turn things around for himself, but I would much rather see a young, eager and ready to work hard, newbie get a crack at playing in the NFL, then this guy.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
League minimum and ANY of our WRs go down in camp I'm all about knocking the tires on Gordon.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been suspended so many times and missed how many seasons? is he even eligible?

I guess it doesn't matter. I'm about done with all the fiasco that is the NFL these days anyway.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess it doesn't matter. I'm about done with all the fiasco that is the NFL these days anyway.
I was actually thinking the same thing. There was once a day where I might think a guy like Gordon could improve the Packers and F the consequences of giving him a shot. But I have gotten so fed up with the money and the attitude that some of these players have, especially given what else is happening in this world. If you can't appreciate a good thing like playing in the NFL....then stay out!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
League minimum and ANY of our WRs go down in camp I'm all about knocking the tires on Gordon.
Yeah, and he would have to beat someone out to make the team. It is not like he would just be taking over somebodies spot. That there might not be enough footballs to go around during preseason I don't buy into.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Josh Gordon was/is the victim of his own stupidity because it's really not hard to smoke as an NFL player and not get caught...reportedly even our buddy Aaron Rodgers is a bit of a stoner

But at the same time Marijuana is not considered a performance enhancing drug unless you're an Olympic runner I guess haha...and really nobody should be losing their job for testing positive for it. Thats absolutely ridiculous when anyone with even half a brain knows alcohol and pills are on a whole nother level and there's nothing against the rules if a player chooses to actually play the game drunk or pilled out on any given sunday...

I've always wanted the Packers to take a shot on Gordon...reminds me of when they took a shot on Koren Robinson but at this point he's 30 years old, which I know isn't that old for a wr with elite physical ability but until the NFL gets rid of Marijuana testing which I don't think is far off at all. I'm not sure Gordon is reliable enough to incorporate into the team

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No to Josh Gordon; it's been so long since he played a meaningful game that at this point you're just buying into the name. Packers have their receivers that they're comfortable with. Gute has made it obvious that he doesn't need anyone else in the WR room. To be honest I'm excited to see what Lazard can do when healthy this season, he looked good before his injury last year.

As for guys coming back in 2022...all of the current guys better be coming back if Love is starting in 2022. Otherwise the Packers are setting Love up to be a complete failure his first year starting if his #1 receiver is MVS and #2 is Amari Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Josh Gordon was/is the victim of his own stupidity because it's really not hard to smoke as an NFL player and not get caught...reportedly even our buddy Aaron Rodgers is a bit of a stoner

But at the same time Marijuana is not considered a performance enhancing drug unless you're an Olympic runner I guess haha...and really nobody should be losing their job for testing positive for it. Thats absolutely ridiculous when anyone with even half a brain knows alcohol and pills are on a whole nother level and there's nothing against the rules if a player chooses to actually play the game drunk or pilled out on any given sunday...

I've always wanted the Packers to take a shot on Gordon...reminds me of when they took a shot on Koren Robinson but at this point he's 30 years old, which I know isn't that old for a wr with elite physical ability but until the NFL gets rid of Marijuana testing which I don't think is far off at all. I'm not sure Gordon is reliable enough to incorporate into the team
So are you saying that you don't like the NFL rules pertaining to drug use or that despite them, you would still sign Gordon?

Problem is, those rules that he continues to violate, are still on the books.

This reminds me of the Speeder who doesn't agree with the posted speed limit, speeds and gets a ticket. Then says to the judge, "I'll pay the ticket, but the speed limit is wrong, so until you change it, I'm going to keep speeding."

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for guys coming back in 2022...all of the current guys better be coming back if Love is starting in 2022. Otherwise the Packers are setting Love up to be a complete failure his first year starting if his #1 receiver is MVS and #2 is Amari Rodgers.
That may not be up to GB front office to decide IF Davante doesn't want to be here. They could Franchise Tag him (estimated 1-year of $19.1Mil by Overthecap) which would eat-up most of the AR savings...but do we really want a guy who doesn't want to be here? Tag & trade would make more sense but then he's still not here for Love in '22.

MVS, Funchess, EQ, Tonyan & M. Lewis are UFA's, Lazard is a RFA and then all of the young guys (Taylor, Winfree, Begelton) are ERFA's or under contract.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There is also the public relations appearance of condoning or at least not punishing violations of federal law. States may be correct in legalizing and then taxing it but the feds still have rules against it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sounds like the Packers and Adams are stalled out on contract talks....The 2 year DeAndre Hopkins extension ($54.5 M) isn't really helping the Packers on this!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is also the public relations appearance of condoning or at least not punishing violations of federal law. States may be correct in legalizing and then taxing it but the feds still have rules against it.

True and I agree some wouldn't like it ...still there's lots of big companies that drug test but exclude Marijuana

Actually you got me thinking maybe the NFL gets some kind of federal money and X
So are you saying that you don't like the NFL rules pertaining to drug use or that despite them, you would still sign Gordon?

Problem is, those rules that he continues to violate, are still on the books.

This reminds me of the Speeder who doesn't agree with the posted speed limit, speeds and gets a ticket. Then says to the judge, "I'll pay the ticket, but the speed limit is wrong, so until you change it, I'm going to keep speeding."

I don't like the rules they are antiquated and I think Gordon would of been really good... I wouldn't really wanna sign Gordon now because if he did become a nice piece of the offense and then late in the year tested bad...that could derail a playoff run

Or the self driving mode tesla guy that just keeps doing it...but obviously just because there is a rule against something doesn't make it that rule right

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like the Packers and Adams are stalled out on contract talks....The 2 year DeAndre Hopkins extension ($54.5 M) isn't really helping the Packers on this!

Ive been thinking it for some time - but whether desired or not we could be heading into a full blown rebuild/restart. Which could be very frustrating for fans and might make them realize just how damn good we’ve been for a long time.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That may not be up to GB front office to decide IF Davante doesn't want to be here. They could Franchise Tag him (estimated 1-year of $19.1Mil by Overthecap) which would eat-up most of the AR savings...but do we really want a guy who doesn't want to be here? Tag & trade would make more sense but then he's still not here for Love in '22.

MVS, Funchess, EQ, Tonyan & M. Lewis are UFA's, Lazard is a RFA and then all of the young guys (Taylor, Winfree, Begelton) are ERFA's or under contract.

Yes, you want a top-5 WR in the NFL to be on the team when starting a young QB.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it is that cut and dried that Love will be much better off in the long run with a security blanket. I like Devante and want him to play here. But if the asking price is just too damn high...well, you have to be realistic. imho

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ive been thinking it for some time - but whether desired or not we could be heading into a full blown rebuild/restart. Which could be very frustrating for fans and might make them realize just how damn good we’ve been for a long time.

I don't think it is that cut and dried that Love will be much better off in the long run with a security blanket. I like Devante and want him to play here. But if the asking price is just too damn high...well, you have to be realistic. imho

Agree with both of you and I have been saying it for months. If Adams doesn't want to play in Green Bay in 2022 and/or his price is just too high, the Packers would be silly to just let him walk away in Free Agency after this season. If Rodgers plays, then you keep Adams and either try to sign him or franchise tag and trade. IF Rodgers isn't playing, and Adams is done after 2021 in Green Bay, trade him now.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always, define 'damn good'. Overall winning percentage, sure. Lower level playoff wins, sure. The one game that counts, not so much. There are some of us (OK, maybe me) who set much lower standards when the team isn't supposed to be any good, ala the Lombardi to Favre years. When the team is in the middle of the conversation about winning it all, I don't consider it a 'damn good' result to fall short. Certainly personal opinion, but I think a legitimate one.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chris Jacke speculating that KC Chiefs trying to trade for D. Adams?? If so would be a signal that AR is retiring. Possibly stirring the pot, who knows at this point?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts