Week 7 vs Chicago - Start Brett Hundley

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Count me on board the Hundley train this Thursday, Rodgers has gotten so bad he was even worse than old Colin Kaepernick this last game. His MVP years are over and he should retire soon.

Stick in Brett Hundley, he won't go missing wide open Randall Cobbs in the endzone, and he might be able to run a few bootleg play actions. Stick him in
Rodgers has got to work those demons out of his head. Starting Hundley would not help anything.

DS

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To some point I agree.
Rodgers has been wasting his best years with an overrated coach who really isn't that good.
Or maybe he is a good coach and it's his play calling which is bad.
Whatever it is, yeah, McMuffin needs to go.
Then what?
Could Rodgers bounce back right at the beginning of the new season or would it take a few years for him to get back to top form with a new staff?
Would there be a risk of Rodgers wasting a few more years with a new system that he may have to adapt to?
I dunno why the old guard is still there. They know things we don't and are better at it even though it's a bad season.
What is the risk, if any, if McMuffin goes and someone else comes in?

McCarthy isn't forcing Rodgers to overthrow receivers, underthrow receivers, throw behind receivers and drop the football.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the risk, if any, if McMuffin goes and someone else comes in?

Um, that that someone might be an incompetent buffoon like Chuck Pagano or Marvin Lewis?

MM's been taking a lot of heat lately, and although he's an easy target to get on, I think he's getting too much unwarranted criticism. Rodgers needs to get over himself because if he gets MM fired, we're royally screwed.

Now... if MM did continue to get stale, like Andy Reid in Philadelphia stale, there is one guy I'd probably welcome here as head coach, Sean Payton because rumors are circulating that he might be about ready to be shown the door in New Orleans. He certainly has the capability to get Rodgers back to all-star level. My only concern with him is he's hired some terrible defensive coordinators lately, and I certainly shudder to think of Dennis Allen coming anywhere near this defense.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaching staff is responsible for working with Rodgers on his fundamentals though, a major reason the quarterback has struggled as of late.

Then fire Alex Van Pelt and lure Kurt Warner into the QB coach position with a hefty salary tripling what he's getting at the NFL Network. No way he turns down an opportunity to get into coaching if he's getting paid big money.

D

Deleted member 6794

Then fire Alex Van Pelt and lure Kurt Warner into the QB coach position with a hefty salary tripling what he's getting at the NFL Network. No way he turns down an opportunity to get into coaching if he's getting paid big money.

I'm not convinced Warner would be a great choice to coach the Packers quarterbacks.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not convinced Warner would be a great choice to coach the Packers quarterbacks.

Why? You don't think he knows anything about technique or something? I'd take his input on the practice field over hell of a lot of other former QBs out there, except maybe Rich Gannon or Steve Young, but I doubt they're in the running for this.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is quite interesting, that the problems I saw in Rodgers last year... with demeanor, leadership, and other aspects are now being brought up by others as valid points.

Multiple sources are talking about Rodgers taking little responsibility for his actions on the field, while not hesitating for a second to jump all over a receiver for an error.

This has been a long time coming, and if I had a guess is not going to be an easy fix. Complacency and Diva persona are something that runs pretty deep. Considering he is has the lowest completion percentage and lowest ypa over the past year is astounding. Not even I thought he would fall that far. But part of me thinks that he is losing the locker room of receivers and need to change his attitude quickly.

Everyone was quick to the "Ohh its only because of Jordy" last year. No really it is Aaron, and now I am starting to wonder weather the receivers were making Aaron look good or the other way around.

PS. Starting Hundley is a bit too far... But he really does need to get his stuff together.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While, Warner would not be my choice, getting a proven QB coach in here doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Reaction score
This is quite interesting, that the problems I saw in Rodgers last year... with demeanor, leadership, and other aspects are now being brought up by others as valid points.

Multiple sources are talking about Rodgers taking little responsibility for his actions on the field, while not hesitating for a second to jump all over a receiver for an error.
While I've seen Aaron snap at a WR or O Lineman occasionally (JC Tretter when he didn't snap the ball a few weeks ago to catch an opponent off guard or Linsley against Seattle week 1 2 years ago). I don't think thats proof that he's not a good leader nor do I think it means he's blaming everyone else. I've seen Brady do the same thing with plenty more cussing and nobodies talking about his leadership etc..
also I don't have the link but I've read several times from player quotes including AJ Hawk and Mcarthy and I believe them because they have no motif to lie about it. They say Aaron is his own worst critic. I believe that fits his personality of a perfectionist more than a "poor leader"
If you're referring to Greg Jennings? Or that jerk that tried to lead AJ Hawk in an interview to turn on Aaron. He's a coward and They are both The epitome of partiality. Greg is also a shining example of going from hero to zero in 60 seconds or less and his numbers at MN certainly don't reflect anything close to true leadership.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The coaching staff is responsible for working with Rodgers on his fundamentals though, a major reason the quarterback has struggled as of late.
I think that's spot on and I could've have said it better Wimm. Being Aaron Rodgers no longer gives him immunity on improving his skill set

H

HardRightEdge

Count me on board the Hundley train this Thursday, Rodgers has gotten so bad he was even worse than old Colin Kaepernick this last game. His MVP years are over and he should retire soon.

Stick in Brett Hundley, he won't go missing wide open Randall Cobbs in the endzone, and he might be able to run a few bootleg play actions. Stick him in
You may yet break the all-time top 10 in "disagrees". Some sanity still prevails.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just needs the threat to be benched to light a fire under his fannie.
That might be the spark he needs.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF Rodgers plays the same this game against the Bears then he should be benched. Won't make a difference in the Atlanta game anyway if he continues to play butt-hurt so benching him for that game is ok.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While, Warner would not be my choice, getting a proven QB coach in here doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I'm saying his name because he, like Tom Clements (different generation and league but former QB just the same) when he coached the position, has certain insights that a guy like Ben McAdoo or Alex Van Pelt doesn't, and that's no disrespect to McAdoo, he did fine too but I like Warner because he always seems to be saying stuff that's worth listening to. Maybe it's just me, but I think he'd make an awesome QB coach, and hey, he'd get to do now what he didn't get to do as a player back in 1994 when he was trying out for us.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw a discussion on the NFL channel and it was suggested that Rodgers is throwing off of his back foot. Maybe, AR's problems are mechanics.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm saying his name because he, like Tom Clements (different generation and league but former QB just the same) when he coached the position, has certain insights that a guy like Ben McAdoo or Alex Van Pelt doesn't, and that's no disrespect to McAdoo, he did fine too but I like Warner because he always seems to be saying stuff that's worth listening to.

Van Pelt is a former quarterback as well who spent a total of 11 years in the NFL.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Uh, no.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw a discussion on the NFL channel and it was suggested that Rodgers is throwing off of his back foot. Maybe, AR's problems are mechanics.

His mechanics- or they're decline in the last year- are a huge part of his problem. Back foot, throwing with just his arm, same things every week.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts