Week 7 vs Chicago - Start Brett Hundley

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The Bears have beaten the Packers the last 2of 3 their are no more easy games with a struggling QB, and a coach who still struggles with 4th and 1, drop passes, bad tackling, it will not be a walk over.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Count me on board the Hundley train this Thursday, Rodgers has gotten so bad he was even worse than old Colin Kaepernick this last game. His MVP years are over and he should retire soon.

Stick in Brett Hundley, he won't go missing wide open Randall Cobbs in the endzone, and he might be able to run a few bootleg play actions. Stick him in

I agree and disagree. I think Hundley does need to be put into games with Rodgers saying "I need to fix me" yet not showing any improvement. I don't think you do it on a short week with a Thursday night game. I also don't think we should start him just yet. I think we're more likely to see Aaron leave the game with an "elbow injury that causes him to lose sensation in his fingers" (i.e. Mac pulling Favre against Dallas) MAYBE against Chicago or more likely against Atlanta or later.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would McMuffin even have the guts to suggest to put in Brett Hundley if Air-Run doesn't get out of this slump soon?
It worked for Mason.

As much as I love Air-Run, I love the team more and want what they gotta do to win even if it means putting in another QB.

I'm willing to see if Air-Run gets better, but I don't know how much more time he should be given.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is playing like crap and has been for a good long while. Answer is still 'no' though. He can play like garbage for the next 5 weeks, and the answer will still be 'no.'

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we had several factors that played into this loss. Turnovers were a key ingredient though

Biggest ingredient is that Rodgers has NO accuracy right now, and I mean NONE. Favre in his worst days made bad decisions and threw a lot of picks but his accuracy was never this bad, EVER. If Rodgers is going to get fixed, Mike McCarthy should order him to go to an opioid addiction rehabilitation center right now, because I'm sure his problem is at least as bad as that, if not worse.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest ingredient is that Rodgers has NO accuracy right now, and I mean NONE. Favre in his worst days made bad decisions and threw a lot of picks but his accuracy was never this bad, EVER. If Rodgers is going to get fixed, Mike McCarthy should order him to go to an opioid addiction rehabilitation center right now, because I'm sure his problem is at least as bad as that, if not worse.

Huh it seems you never watched Brett Favre play. He had plenty of games where his accuracy wasn't there. In fact their problems, sloppy mechanics, were very similar. Just like Brett Aaron is not setting his feet when he can and should, throwing off his backfoot when he doesn't need to and throwing with funky arm angles when it's not necessary. Brett regained his old form in 07 after MM went after him about his mechanics, much was made about Brett's trainer down in Kiln who practically worked him out like a draft prospect.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just an addendum, Aaron Rodgers is at 60% completion pct for the season so far. Brett Favre threw for less than 60% in 96, 97, 99, 00 and 2006. Granted back in the 90s defenses had more lee way and the Packers typically relied on the quick passing game more than the current team which meant quick hitters into traffic.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest problem, we couldn't get this worked out at all in the pre season because Aaron barely played.

D

Deleted member 6794

Biggest problem, we couldn't get this worked out at all in the pre season because Aaron barely played.

I don't buy Rodgers not playing in the preseason is the reason for him struggling. He hasn't performed on a high level for more than a year.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet he is the loudest voice for not playing in pre-season. He has made it well known how much he hates the games. He is paid to play when they tell him to play so thats on MM for allowing him to call his own shots in the pre season. I don't think he needs to play a ton but it shouldn't be his call and that mindset is terrible for the rest of the team IMO.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lack of preseason play should not be a factor 6 weeks in. This is a QB who's deteriorated since midseason last season and is getting worse. Only way you can stop the madness is make it known that Brett Hundley's gonna get his shot soon.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Count me on board the Hundley train this Thursday, Rodgers has gotten so bad he was even worse than old Colin Kaepernick this last game. His MVP years are over and he should retire soon.

Stick in Brett Hundley, he won't go missing wide open Randall Cobbs in the endzone, and he might be able to run a few bootleg play actions. Stick him in

Rodgers has played at a below average level so far this year. Average QB play yesterday would have had us in the game, and possibly winning. Hundley deserves his shot. I'd give it to him next week against the Falcons unless Rodgers plays much better on Thursday.

D

Deleted member 6794

Only way you can stop the madness is make it known that Brett Hundley's gonna get his shot soon.

I'd give it to him next week against the Falcons unless Rodgers plays much better on Thursday.

It's ludicrous to suggest Rodgers should be benched, especially as McCarthy doing that would drive a wedge between him and the Packers franchise quarterback that would be extremely tough to smooth.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ludicrous to suggest Rodgers should be benched, especially as McCarthy doing that would drive a wedge between him and the Packers franchise quarterback that would be extremely tough to smooth.

Well, if the rumors are true that there's already a rift between him and MM, I don't see how much worse it can get than that already.

On the one hand I shudder to think we make a gargantuous St. Louis Rams level mistake (the Kurt Warner saga) and see him resurrect his career somewhere else, plus finding another QB is no easy task considering it took a long time after Starr retired to find Brett Favre.

On the other hand, refusing to take drastic measures to get his problems fixed and keeping his team in the toilet seems like it's the story right now and he won't do anything about it. Maybe the idea of Hundley pushing him for his job makes him realize he's not above the team and that he has to earn their trust back.

Members online

Latest posts