Week 3 vs Bengals.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

His QB rating was around 60 I Think. 50-50 on him and Mike as the cause.
There definately seemed to be some sort of breakdown between the coach and Rodgers today. I know the cameras pick everything up but that was definately a heated exchange between the two.

12theTruth

Negative.
But would you have rather run a QB-sneak on that 4th & inches play with Tebow?
I can't think of a better play than that. Seriously. Tebow is gold on that.

Not with our O-line. He'd have EDS on his grill before he'd get close to a first down in an obvious short yardage situation.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you can pin this on Rodgers for the last drive..
Why not?
Is it ever his fault at the end of a close loss when he has the ball in his hands, and it doesn't lead to the end zone when needed?

Nobody can blame Finley or Jones for drops.
He just got them batted at the line.
If that was Russell Wilson or Drew Brees, or Doug Flutie, they'd say "see, he's too short".

Rodgers did not come through late.
He deserves more blame than anyone else, although of course not 100%.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't lose the game on the final drive. We should have capitalized on the turnovers in Q2. Moreover those two interceptions and the fumbles cost us big time. Sure this wasn't Rodgers best game. He missed some open guys today an the second interception was a stupid mistake (the first was on Jones though). But blaming him for not being good enough in the clutch situations is ********.

Losing sucks, especially if you lose due to stupid mistakes. Time to move on, get healthy, stop making mistakes, start winning games, and make the play-offs. Than I my opinion this team can beat all the top teams on a good day (a day without stupid turnovers, that is).

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anytime you give up more than 30 points to the other team you are likely to lose. No matter who the QB is.
I'm pretty pissed off at the Packers offense and play calling in this game. We have our on set of warts to be corrected. But I still like our chances going forward over the Queens. We'll see how this all turns out in the end but I doubt we would be 0-3 playing your schedule to date.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't lose the game on the final drive. We should have capitalized on the turnovers in Q2. Moreover those two interceptions and the fumbles cost us big time. Sure this wasn't Rodgers best game. He missed some open guys today an the second interception was a stupid mistake (the first was on Jones though). But blaming him for not being good enough in the clutch situations is ********.

Losing sucks, especially if you lose due to stupid mistakes. Time to move on, get healthy, stop making mistakes, start winning games, and make the play-offs. Than I my opinion this team can beat all the top teams on a good day (a day without stupid turnovers, that is).
Yes we can bounce back. We usually do.
But I won't start feeling optimistic until it actually happens.
I really expected us to beat the Bengals today. And when you have a lot of hopes for the team and they lose, it makes the loss much harder to take.
So right now I am down about this.
I mean, the Bengals do not have the reputation for being as elite as the Packers.
If we can't beat these lower tiered teams, then how can a fan have any kind of bright outlook?
The Packers should have been better. Miles and miles better than they were today.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But blaming him for not being good enough in the clutch situations is ********.
Why not, exactly?

There have been many moments in great QB's careers, and I am thinking Elway, Montana, Marino, Favre, Eli where they were in a game that was ugly or didn't go their way, or was close for whatever reason, and they had one last chance to make up for all of it, and get a score at the end...... forget what happened prior to it. They had the ball in their hands late.

Rodgers has been the best QB we've ever seen so far in his career, and the stats show this. We're spoiled, lucky.

But the stats also show another truth, that for whatever reasons, he's NOT been clutch in situations like this when we need a game-saving TD to win a game.

Again, the stats back up our memories, and that's not bullcrap.

I thought he had a chance to silence those doubts today late, and expected, hoped, he'd come through. But he didn't, for various reasons.... including his stupid Int deep right to Cobb. Bad play call. Bad pass.

Rodgers is still the best QB in the world.
But down 4, 5, or 6 with 2 minutes to go, he's proven he's not the guy you want, for whatever reasons.
Some will blame McCarthy to absolve Rodgers.

But don't act like Brian Hoying and Jake Locker have great brilliant minds coaching them, and they found a way to get that last drive into the end zone.

Oh, you know it, Rodgers is going to hear it this week about that again.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The line as well he was hit many times.....he had not a lot of time.
Yes there were OL breakdowns but it's a big guy league and Rodgers has dealt with the same far better than he did in today's game. He didn't step up. Did you see the conversation between him and MM on the sidelines? You can't couch this in anything but a poor performance by Rodgers (and MM).

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure. But if the defense doesn't start stopping the other team from scoring in the last 4 minutes it matters not. That's twice in the last two weeks they had a lead and let it slip away. Of course over at the Vikings board it's all about Ponder and not the defense. You can't give up 32 points a game and expect to win. Not looking good for my team right now.
Our defense performed well with a number of takeaways today. Any defense will have moments where they break. Our offense had performed well up until today and wasn't it's usual self. But on balance through the first three games I'll take the Packers team overall compared to the Vikings. I tend to believe we would have a better record given the fact we had played the same opponent's.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense performed well with a number of takeaways today. Any defense will have moments where they break. Our offense had performed well up until today and wasn't it's usual self. But on balance through the first three games I'll take the Packers team overall compared to the Vikings. I tend to believe we would have a better record given the fact we had played the same opponent's.

Our D has given up 88 points in 3 games ...... you can't give up an average of 30 a game and expect to win. Of equal note you should not score an average 32 points per game and be 1 -2.......

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our D has given up 88 points in 3 games ...... you can't give up an average of 30 a game and expect to win. Of equal note you should not score an average 32 points per game and be 1 -2.......
How many of those points can exactly be contributed to the defense? Was it the defense that allowed Ross to screw up? How many of the points today came at the hands of the defense? The first 13 for sure! The defense put the Packers in good field position how may times today and we came away with field goals or $hit on the arm of AR.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the defense played very well today aside from Tramon's terrible coverage. His blitzing was good. Shields was brilliant for the most part on Green who is possibly the 2nd best wr in the league. Not too many corners can go 1 on 1 with a guy like that all day long.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well, in the last 10 years the Packers are 9-29 when their opponent scores 30 points or more. And it is the reason the Vikings are 0-3. They are giving up 32 points a game.

I think that anyone who pulls up obscure stats like that DESERVES to be a Viking fan. ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bad sign...Indy is going to beat the Niners ... Niners lose two in a row... by BIG margins ... yet they beat the Pack. Must have blown their *** week one.

Members online

Latest posts