Week 3 vs Bengals.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely an upgrade in defense over last weeks opp. Jump the short route vs Dalton to give the rush time to get to him while he tries to beat you deep. Oh and shut off Greens alarm clock.

OP
OP
NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The steelers did a pretty good job shutting him down last night. But Dalton over threw him more that a few times too.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ike Taylor did a good job on Green, at least from the little that I saw. I think that Shields or Williams will do equally as good of a job. The trick is going to be bottling up Bernard (I think we can do that, as we did well against Kraep/Gore AND Morris in weeks 1, 2.) and getting to Dalton early and often. I would REALLY like to see Perry dial up some pressure opposite Matthews.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Thank goodness the Packers won’t be overlooking the Bengals as this board is – there are more posts on the Packers-Vikings thread than on this one. Maybe it was the informative OP here. ;)

The Bengals have one of the deepest and most talented rosters in the league. Here are a couple of quotes from the jsonline preview of the game:
For those who were worrying about Andy Dalton during the off-season, the opener against the Bears provided some optimism. He completed 78% of his passes and led three scoring drives of 80 yards or more. Dalton even completed three deep passes and drew a pass interference call on a fourth. If there was anything to be taken out of a 24-21 loss, it was that Dalton is comfortable with the group around him.
But they will have to able to run the ball so the Packers run D will get another test. My guess is CJ Wilson won’t be a healthy inactive again this week – they’ll need to keep the big guys on the DL fresh.

Here’s my biggest concern for the game. The Bengals’ DL:
Bengals DT Geno Atkins is one of the league's finest and posted a whopping 121/2 sacks last season. NT Domata Peko is a physical run stuffer that works well with Atkins. RE Michael Johnson has a nice blend of size and speed and had 111/2 sacks last season. LE Carlos Dunlap is a solid pass rusher and steady against the run.
That’s 24 sacks from two guys on their DL last season. That’s like the Packers having a prolific pass rusher opposite Matthews. The attention each gets helps the other.

If the Packers OL is up to the challenge, Rodgers and his receivers will have to deal with a physical D backfield. This will be a big road test for the Packers.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ve-tale-of-the-tape-b9997622z1-224169361.html

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ Yet SF, IMO, is leaps and bounds better than the bengals are.....and barring a Lacy fumble, the SF game could have gone for us having the win. Cinncy is decent, but nowhere near SF or even GB good. They struggled to score 20 points against a beaten up and depleted steelers D.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the Bengals are still good. They have one of the best DLs in the NFL and an outstanding receiving corps, plus their rookie RB looks promising.

The question is Dalton and that's where the difference lies. Dalton hasn't yet shown that he's taken the next step after his pro-bowl rookie year 2 years ago. Let's hope he doesn't in this game.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a very good run game,but I think our d-line should stand up to the challenge it's our o-line I'm concerned about if Starks can get the run game going we should be okay ARod not getting sacked right away is important Big Ben was sacked I don't know how many times .I do understand they are in same division witch makes a difference kind of like us and da bears.Plus we have good w.r. Dalton used t.e. alot I like us to win so with what we have think 30-14 think our d-line will shut them down.

OP
OP
NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a very good run game,but I think our d-line should stand up to the challenge it's our o-line I'm concerned about if Starks can get the run game going we should be okay ARod not getting sacked right away is important Big Ben was sacked I don't know how many times .I do understand they are in same division witch makes a difference kind of like us and da bears.Plus we have good w.r. Dalton used t.e. alot I like us to win so with what we have think 30-14 think our d-line will shut them down.
Bengals had 2 sacks that game.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be going to my first Packers regular-season game EVER this weekend! Since I live in Pittsburgh, the chances do not come by very often to go to Packers games. This is an exciting opportunity for it and I just hope to get the wardrobe right. Should I bring my cheesehead? Or is it too dangerous in Cincinnati?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be going to my first Packers regular-season game EVER this weekend! Since I live in Pittsburgh, the chances do not come by very often to go to Packers games. This is an exciting opportunity for it and I just hope to get the wardrobe right. Should I bring my cheesehead? Or is it too dangerous in Cincinnati?
FOR SURE DO wear your cheesehead there.
I have a buddy also going to be there.

The more cheese the better.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
You should come tailgating with us! I do not know the exact spot but I can let you know we will be with a group of about 20 or so. If you want PM me and we can discuss

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Is it me, or have you lot scared off visiting fans since the 49ers "Incident" ??? Or don`t the Bengals have any fans at all ??? :D

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Is it me, or have you lot scared off visiting fans since the 49ers "Incident" ??? Or don`t the Bengals have any fans at all ??? :D

Bengals have a full house of fans each sunday.

And NO, none of us are "scared", but opposing fans can be rowdy and you would be outnumbered by 50,000+.....so the odds are bad if you have a bold mouth after the game.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone want to hazard a guess as to the last time the Packers beat the Bengals? I knew it was a long time, but it was actually 1998, during the best start Favre ever had with the Packers (the third win of a 4-0 start). The two Bengals-Packers games since have been memorable ones.

-2005: Favre throws 5 picks, yet down 7 late he throws a long pass that ends up in a 50-yard pass interference play to give the team a chance. Then came the famous false start where the fan stole the ball off him (and nearly made it all the way to the other end zone before getting tackled). It ended in him throwing an illegal forward pass to Driver 10 yards past the line of scrimmage.

-2009: The Packers played miserably for much of the game, before making a late comeback, including recovering an onside kick. This one was memorable to me because I was in a Pittsburgh sports bar where the Bears-Steelers game came on all the TVs. There was one Bengals fan in the bar with me, so we both went into the hallway where we found the only TV with the Packers game still on. The Packers recovered the onside kick and drove downfield, then the brainwashed Greg Jennings committed a false start penalty with less than 10 seconds to go to run off the remaining time on the 10-second runoff.

I can only hope this one doesn't end with Rodgers having the ball stolen off him by a fan.

Members online

Latest posts