Week 3 vs Bengals.

12theTruth

He is a rookie. Blame MM for attempting that dumb play. Out of all the plays that is the WORST he could have called in that situation.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought i would say this but here goes nothing...is Rodgers the new super star qb who can't lead a 4th quarter comeback? Starting to become a knock on him.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like it when the offense does this little throw to to the flat and run out of bounds. The Bengals DE's started getting their hands up and Rodgers kept going to it. Even Aikman was saying the middle of the field is wide open.

Not sure why throwing over Dunlop and Johnson seemed liked a good idea, the short one in that tandem is 6'6.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I love rodgers, but the fact that he isnt very clutch is disappointing. I dont put all the blame on him for the last drive, but majority. I didnt see the killer look in his eye during that last drive that he gets when he's "in the zone" when we're up a score or two on an inferior opponent.

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Franklin was tonights MVP, the fumble wasn't on him, terrible call against that D.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought i would say this but here goes nothing...is Rodgers the new super star qb who can't lead a 4th quarter comeback? Starting to become a knock on him.

I don't know, I think the play selection and design was stupid. If I needed a quick first down I wouldn't pin my hopes on throwing over a DE who is long enough to be a power forward in the NBA or even a Center in College Basketball. A lot of stupid decisions by McCarthy and company.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
So. Lets review:

Packers were without their starting RB, the backup, the backup backup, then for a few plays without the backup backup backup. They also were without their starting TE, LT, and FB. and that is just the offense. And in one of his wost games in memory, the QB still leads us to 30 points (well, 23 plus the TD on the INT).

Then, on defense, we are without our starting safety, and nickel back (and his backup) as well as our all pro OLB. Did I miss anyone?

This does not include also missing Sherrod and Worthy- two high rounders who also remain injured.

And, they made it a close game until the end against an AFC playoff level team.

On top of all this, MM and AR made too many mistakes. I was screaming at the TV for them to hurry the play after that Cobb stretch to make the 1st down, but the team was walking around like a Sunday picnic, which gave Cincy time to review and throw the red flag. WTF, Mike and Aaron???

Oh, well. I hope this bye lasts 3 months so we can get so e of these injuries healed...

NorthEast Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On top of all this, MM and AR made too many mistakes. I was screaming at the TV for them to hurry the play after that Cobb stretch to make the 1st down, but the team was walking around like a Sunday picnic, which gave Cincy time to review and throw the red flag. WTF, Mike and Aaron???

This had to be top 3 of AR's worst games. Not just the inability to go downfield (which isn't entirely his fault) but his pocket awareness was just dreadful. I counted 3 or 4 times he was downed by being pinballed by his own lineman. GET OUT OF THERE, AARON!!

12theTruth

So. Lets review:

Packers were without their starting RB, the backup, the backup backup, then for a few plays without the backup backup backup. They also were without their starting TE, LT, and FB. and that is just the offense. And in one of his wost games in memory, the QB still leads us to 30 points (well, 23 plus the TD on the INT).

Then, on defense, we are without our starting safety, and nickel back (and his backup) as well as our all pro OLB. Did I miss anyone?

This does not include also missing Sherrod and Worthy- two high rounders who also remain injured.

Oh, well. I hope this bye lasts 3 months so we can get so e of these injuries healed...

Its the critical mistakes that are not acceptable. We keep finding new and creative ways to lose. In the nintendo age of football that is 2013 the Packers should be very good the rest of the season. But it is how we perform against the great teams is what really matters. An today its just another loss. Oh and by the way every team has injuries.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
So. Lets review:

12, you listed my post as optimistic. Mostly, I was only stating facts. Not sure how facts can be optimistic.

Do you mean that we did not compete with Cincy, or that we need more time to heal?

Last edited:

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So. Lets review:

The last part of your post should have proceeded the former.

12theTruth

This had to be top 3 of AR's worst games. Not just the inability to go downfield (which isn't entirely his fault) but his pocket awareness was just dreadful. I counted 3 or 4 times he was downed by being pinballed by his own lineman. GET OUT OF THERE, AARON!!

He was wary of running wide because the Bengals put two really good licks on him earlier in the game.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
FanCan^^, I agree with that. The bye week couldnt come at a better time. Which is kinda sad considering its week 3.

Am I the only one that thinks we need NEW PERSONAL TRAINERS???? How long have hamstrings been an issue wiht this team!!!???? I think something needs to be evaluated with the packers staff of trainers.

A team like the Green Bay Packers should have the best of the best in terms of staff, trainers, etc. I just dont understand it.

Also to get back to your point FanCan, I agree injuries were a big issue, but this is the team that won a superbowl with, was it 15 players on IR.

Next guy up. Shouldnt have been a loss.

NorthEast Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta get on the LT for not executing his job in getting the DE on the ground on that last play. Aaron had the ball moving but the OL was unable to cut the ends....

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers has a concussion from that hit on the goal line early in the game. He was not himself at all most of the game. He would have normally audibled out of some of those terrible MM play calls. He for sure would have let the clock run down on that 4th and inches and called a TO to get him to change the call. He also wouldn't repeat all those shorties over the 6'6 and 6'7 DE's.

OP
OP
NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last 2 passes tipped..... nice.

Another FAILURE in the 4th quarter for Rodgers.

There's been a lot of talk about that for a few years
...... we saw Bobby Hoying lead the Browns to a late game winning TD for the Browns in Minnesota.
But Once again, excuses aside, Rodgers DID NOT DELIVER LATE when the game was on the line.

Plus his 2 Ints were CRUCIAL to get the Bengals the momentum back.

Last week they crowned him as God.
This week, he was merely Favre-like.

Way to melt down.

A bunch of whimps on this team. Fragile. Brittle.
On this point I'd like to add that I'd love to see AR start utalizing the pump fake more often. In general I think it is an underutilized move of the arsenal QB's in today's NFL. With DL/DE's jumping at the line being en vogue currently, I don't really understand why.

Take for instance the final 3rd down from today's game. The OL had a decent pocket established and the Bengals had been jumping at passes all day. If Rodgers had pump faked on that play, the line jumping could have been negated and the WR's would have been able to create more seperation as well. I don't understand why AR doesn't us the pump fake more often, Favre and Brady for instance have used it to great success in their respective careers.

Also AR stared down Jones on that play; saw it on the replay. Why would you do that?

LeoInShawano

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to identify these trolls?
Another FAILURE in the 4th quarter for Rodgers.

There's been a lot of talk about that for a few years...... we saw Bobby Hoying lead the Browns to a late game winning TD for the Browns in Minnesota.
But Once again, excuses aside, Rodgers DID NOT DELIVER LATE when the game was on the line.

Plus his 2 Ints were CRUCIAL to get the Bengals the momentum back.

Last week they crowned him as God.
This week, he was merely Favre-like.

Way to melt down.

A bunch of whimps on this team. Fragile. Brittle.

Look for this post Then look for those who didn't fill out "packer fan since......"

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I think the play selection and design was stupid. If I needed a quick first down I wouldn't pin my hopes on throwing over a DE who is long enough to be a power forward in the NBA or even a Center in College Basketball. A lot of stupid decisions by McCarthy and company.

I agree..middle of the field was open and we had 2 timeouts?? I just dont get MM sometimes...Rodgers was average at best today, hope hes got it out of his system.

Members online

Latest posts