Week 3 vs Bengals.

12theTruth

12, you listed my post as optimistic. Do you mean that we did not compete with Cincy, or that we need more time to heal?

I guess I think its optimistic to think that the return of these injured players is going to fundamentally change how we match up with the elite teams. Getting a tough yard on 4th down,etc. I've seen these things over and over again. The Packers and the A Rodgers aerial assault does much damage against favorable matchups and usually throughout regular season. But when it comes to crunch time we've been folding faster than Justin Bieber puts out a rotten song.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Its the critical mistakes that are not acceptable. We keep finding new and creative ways to lose. In the nintendo age of football that is 2013 the Packers should be very good the rest of the season. But it is how we perform against the great teams is what really matters. An today its just another loss. Oh and by the way every team has injuries.

And how many of those other teams have lost (at any point during this season) every single RB and FB on their roster? Zero is my guess.

NorthEast Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy and Buck were saying the games momentum changed with the challenge by the Bengals HC.

NO WAY....

Once FOX showed us Clay on the sidelines with his helmet off, Cincy's offense got WIDE EYED

PFanCan

Reaction score
I guess I think its optimistic to think that the return of these injured players is going to fundamentally change how we match up with the elite teams. Getting a tough yard on 4th down,etc. I've seen these things over and over again. The Packers and the A Rodgers aerial assault does much damage against favorable matchups and usually throughout regular season. But when it comes to crunch time we've been folding faster than Justin Bieber puts out a rotten song.
Ok, understood. However, having Lacy back could have made a difference on the 4th and short situation. Even Kuhn would have been a better option than Franklin. Then again, what an idiot MM was for even trying Franklin up the middle against that Cincy front.

And I really thought that Finley was going to abuse that middle of their defense. Losing him was huge, IMO.

12theTruth

And how many of those other teams have lost (at any point during this season) every single RB and FB on their roster? Zero is my guess.

Yeh you're probably right. Snake bit are the Packers. Its almost like you're waiting to hear who the next injury is. I'm physically sick even though I picked the Packers to lose this game.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

We lost but damn, it was exciting watching Franklin run. Apart from the injuries I haven`t seen a running game like that for years :eek:.

NorthEast Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, understood. However, having Lacy back could have made a difference on the 4th and short situation. Even Kuhn would have been a better option than Franklin. Then again, what an idiot MM was for even trying Franklin up the middle against that Cincy front.

I'm glad you brought that up.....I didn't want to seem like I was MMQB'ing..but...

Franklin up the middle was NOT the right call. He was showing all afternoon when he gets outside the tackles, he was difficult for the Bengals LB's to stop him for a yard.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, so much expertise here, I am in awe!! I am disappointed in the loss but also, unlike most every other person here, optimistic about the year. Maybe because I am a fan and not a coach like so many others here obviously are. Not sure but I think there are something like 13 more regular season games?

PFanCan

Reaction score
Wow, so much expertise here, I am in awe!! I am disappointed in the loss but also, unlike most every other person here, optimistic about the year. Maybe because I am a fan and not a coach like so many others here obviously are. Not sure but I think there are something like 13 more regular season games?

I confirm that there are 13 games left in the season. Glad to help ya!

12theTruth

Just heard this on postgame show 7 times inside the Bengals 35 yard line today and offense only scored 9 points off these drives. Inexcusable. Injuries amplify this but the defense did their part by forcing 4 turnovers in first half. Offense pooped the bed.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just heard this on postgame show 7 times inside the Bengals 35 yard line today and offense only scored 9 points off these drives. Inexcusable. Injuries amplify this but the defense did their part by forcing 4 turnovers in first half. Offense pooped the bed.
Thanks for the amplification but I watched the game and saw it in real time. :(

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it either.
You have what the experts say is the best player in the NFL right now. So use his arm!
And why go up the middle? That is such a damn NFL cliche'. It's so friggen obvious, it's what the defense expects!
A short screen after a fake or have him run to the outside where the defense gets broken up and blocked.
Geez. SMH.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh and by the way every team has injuries.
Sure.

But not every team has both of it's supposed bookend, 1st round OT's end up on IR.
For 2 seasons plus.

And not every team has it's #1, #2, #3, and #4 RB get hurt before the 3rd game reaches half time.

And not every team has it's best safety not able to play yet this year so far, and not every team has it's by far best player pull his hammy in the middle of a Player of the Week game.... and then watch the team blow a big lead.

Injuries aren't equal.

Blame Rodgers for simply not being Jake Locker or Brian Hoying on the final drive.
That would have cleaned up all the other *#@# before that. But he simply didn't do it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Packers go 3 years worth of games without having a single 100-yard rusher, so they draft Eddie Lacy.

Now in back-to-back weeks, we get a 100-yard rusher, and neither are Lacy.

Interesting.

12theTruth

Sure.

But not every team has both of it's supposed bookend, 1st round OT's end up on IR.
For 2 seasons plus.

And not every team has it's #1, #2, #3, and #4 RB get hurt before the 3rd game reaches half time.

And not every team has it's best safety not able to play yet this year so far, and not every team has it's by far best player pull his hammy in the middle of a Player of the Week game.... and then watch the team blow a big lead.

Injuries aren't equal.

Blame Rodgers for simply not being Jake Locker or Brian Hoying on the final drive.
That would have cleaned up all the other *#@# before that. But he simply didn't do it.

I don't think you can pin this on Rodgers for the last drive. The game is a whole lot different if MM calls a competent 4th down call with about 3 minutes left. Like another poster said we had 15 players on IR in our Super Bowl season including some key starters. No its more than just injuries. Its key leaders making crucial mistakes which caused this loss more than anything.

Staff online

Latest posts