Week 3 SNF: Packers head to NOLA

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just now saw some updates! Clark is practicing in pads first time since week one! potentially great news

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen or heard anything on Kenny Clark's status. has anyone else?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

He was seen practicing today. He's likely to play. Adams however it's not likely.

D

Deleted member 6794

I haven't seen or heard anything on Kenny Clark's status. has anyone else?

Clark practiced in a limited fashion yesterday. That's a good sign but hardly an indication he will be able to play on Sunday.

It will be interesting to see how he's listed later today for the game in New Orleans but I have a feeling there's a possibility neither Clark nor Adams will return until after the bye.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Since it's NOLA this week, let's check in on football GAWD Taysom Hill through two weeks.

31 offensive snaps. 17 ST snaps.

3 rushes for 13 yards.

1 catch for 14 yards.

1 pass for 38 yards.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Since it's NOLA this week, let's check in on football GAWD Taysom Hill through two weeks.

31 offensive snaps. 17 ST snaps.

3 rushes for 13 yards.

1 catch for 14 yards.

1 pass for 38 yards.

You had to go and jinx things now didn't ya! Now Hill is going to chew us up and I am blaming you if he does! :mad::mad: :devilish:

Sounds like Davante is doubtful now for Sunday night. :tdown:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That post was pure Pokerbrat bait ;)

Of course it was. This is a recent article, speculating as to what Payton and the Saints plans are with Hill. Given that he is listed as the Saints #2 QB, ahead of Jameis Winston, Florio could be right, they might be trying to limit his contact to take over for Brees. I would be fine with that, I was watching Taysom during the Raider game and thinking how the Saints might use him against the Packers. Let's hope that what I was envisioning, doesn't happen.

He actually has 5 rushes for 21 yards.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Of course it was. This is a recent article, speculating as to what Payton and the Saints plans are with Hill. Given that he is listed as the Saints #2 QB, ahead of Jameis Winston, Florio could be right, they might be trying to limit his contact to take over for Brees. I would be fine with that, I was watching Taysom during the Raider game and thinking how the Saints might use him against the Packers. Let's hope that what I was envisioning, doesn't happen.

He actually has 5 rushes for 21 yards.

I still think the fact that they signed Jameis a year after they started Bridgewater over Hill is a pretty good indicator that he's not a quarterback.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense will have to step up this week as I don't see the offense going crazy again without Adams. the pass will be easier to defend for the Saints, and the ground game will probably struggle, as the Saints haven't given up a hundred yard rusher in 40 straight games.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I still think the fact that they signed Jameis a year after they started Bridgewater over Hill is a pretty good indicator that he's not a quarterback.

I guess the Saints were idiots for paying Winston $1.1 M and Taysom Hill $16.3 M?

I think Winston is a POS, but hard to ignore the fact that the Saints got a bargain on him. Is he insurance in case Hill can't handle the job? I guess we will find out.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I guess the Saints were idiots for paying Winston $1.1 M and Taysom Hill $16.3 M?

I think Winston is a POS, but hard to ignore the fact that the Saints got a bargain on him. Is he insurance in case Hill can't handle the job? I guess we will find out.

Well yeah... I kind of do think they were idiots for giving Hill 16.3M next year. But that's based on my own opinion of Hill as a player and my perception of his ability to play quarterback on a consistent basis. 1.1M for Winston was a savvy move.

There's two possibilities here, as I see it.

#1-- they really do think Hill is the future starting QB, but they wanted an established plan B in case that doesn't work out, or he gets hurt.

#2-- they see him as an offensive weapon, not a QB, and hence they didn't start him at QB last year and have another option to start ahead of him this year, should Brees go down.

I tend towards the latter. We don't really know. Maybe next year they will overhaul the offense and try to install something in the image of the Ravens' offense. That's the only type of system/approach that I could see the chance of working for a player like Hill.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
#2-- they see him as an offensive weapon, not a QB, and hence they didn't start him at QB last year and have another option to start ahead of him this year, should Brees go down.

Well as Florio pointed out in that article I linked, if THIS is the case, then one has to wonder why they aren't using him as much this season as last? You don't hardly play a $16.3M weapon right?

An injury might be slowing him down? Never got him into the game plan because of the defenses they were facing? Or simply, they are saving him. Maybe they really aren't sure if Brees is going to be the starting QB much longer and Hill is the guy that is next up and they don't want to over expose him to injury before they find out what he can do as the starter.

Wouldn't shock me that they saw both the Bucs and Raiders as easy wins and felt they could reduce Taysom's use. After that loss to the Raiders, I doubt Payton holds back and we see a lot more of Hill than the Bucs or Raiders saw. If Hill is effective early, watch out.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well as Florio pointed out in that article I linked, if THIS is the case, then one has to wonder why they aren't using him as much this season as last? You don't hardly play a $16.3M weapon right?

An injury might be slowing him down? Never got him into the game plan because of the defenses they were facing? Or simply, they are saving him. Maybe they really aren't sure if Brees is going to be the starting QB much longer and Hill is the guy that is next up and they don't want to over expose him to injury before they find out what he can do as the starter.

Wouldn't shock me that they saw both the Bucs and Raiders as easy wins and felt they could reduce Taysom's use. After that loss to the Raiders, I doubt Payton holds back and we see a lot more of Hill than the Bucs or Raiders saw. If Hill is effective early, watch out.

The whole thing is curious. Either theory comes with some serious questions.

If they love him and he’s the QB of the future, why start Bridgewater over him and give him virtually no playing time while Brees was hurt? And why bring in one of the highest end backup QB options in the league?

If he’s just a highly paid offensive weapon, why aren’t they using him more?

D

Deleted member 6794

On the other hand the Saints guaranteeing Hill $16 million is a pretty strong indicator they plan to us him more often in whatever capacity moving forward.

H

HardRightEdge

I would direct you one post above your own.
A second round pick represents significant capital and we see one filling the role of a 3rd. string running back. :whistling: Who knows what lurks in the hearts and minds of men? ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A second round pick represents significant capital and we see one filling the role of a 3rd. string running back. :whistling: Who knows what lurks in the hearts and minds of men? ;)

While I have no proven scientific data, in the last 20 years or so, the Packers sure seem to fair better with Second Round picks when they are used on offensive players VS defensive. I would even take that further and say the Packers need to draft WR's and stay away from DB's in the Second Round.

Offensive Picks (2nd round):
  • Chad Clifton (T)
  • Robert Ferguson (WR)
  • Terrence Murphy (WR)
  • Daryn Colledge (T)
  • Greg Jennings (WR)
  • Brandon Jackson (RB)
  • Jordy Nelson (WR)
  • Brian Brohm (QB)
  • Randall Cobb (WR)
  • Eddie Lacy (RB)
  • Davante Adams (WR)
  • Jason Spriggs (OT)
  • Elgton Jenkins (OL)
  • AJ Dillon (RB)

Defensive Picks (2nd round):
  • Fred Vinson (DB)
  • Nick Collins (DB)
  • Pat Lee (DB)
  • Mike Neal (DE)
  • Jerel Worthy (DT)
  • Casey Hayward (DB)
  • Quinton Rollins (DB)
  • Josh Jones (DB)
  • Kevin King (DB)
  • Josh Jackson (DB)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

In the case of the hearts and minds of the men in the Packers' FO, I would say what lurks there is a view of the draft that it's primarily an investment in the future. Right or wrong. But it would seem that their first two picks were made with 2021 and beyond in mind rather than 2020.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Saints are slightly overrated this year. Brees doesn't seem to be the same anymore and certainly won't be come Thanksgiving, (I wish we'd have played them in December) and the Raiders had their way with their defense. Obviously the key is Kamara. If the defense can somehow manage to limit his effectiveness there's no reason why we shouldn't win. If not, it going to be a long night.

H

HardRightEdge

In the case of the hearts and minds of the men in the Packers' FO, I would say what lurks there is a view of the draft that it's primarily an investment in the future. Right or wrong. But it would seem that their first two picks were made with 2021 and beyond in mind rather than 2020.
That would be my assumption. So it would be fair to assume that what lurks in the hearts and minds of Saints management is some kind of $16 mil plan for Hill come next year. Of course, expensive mistakes are often made and then plans change.

Winston is a project with one year to find out if, under different coaching, he has a future without a boatload of interceptions. They paid $1 mil for the privilige sans incentives which I would presume he will not earn if he does not play. Or maybe they just wanted some veteran Covid insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HRE...if you are referring to The Shadow it is only..."Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!" buabuabua fyi

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it could be a tough game. I watched the Oakland ;) game and I thought that the raiders were on the edge most of the time because the N Orleans D looked good to me. By on the edge, I mean they always seemed one play away from getting stopped. I think our RT goes against a real threat. And of course Kamara could be a problem. He caught 9 passes. So the keys to me are stopping runs in the middle or we might see a bunch of L. Murray also. Somebody watch Kamara out of the backfield. And pressure Breeze. Our running game needs to work. And since the raider TE did so well, there may be one guy who can step up big in the passing game, but I hope we continue to spread it around. I am pretty sure the raider TE was mostly using the middle of the field. Also, Breeze threw 26 completions for over 300 yards. I am very hesitant to say he is not going to play well. I'm hesitant to call our stars so I'll go with the obvious. Zadarius and ARod. Dark horses are Gary and Shepherd. Should be fun.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it could be a tough game. I watched the Oakland ;) game and I thought that the raiders were on the edge most of the time because the N Orleans D looked good to me. By on the edge, I mean they always seemed one play away from getting stopped. I think our RT goes against a real threat. And of course Kamara could be a problem. He caught 9 passes. So the keys to me are stopping runs in the middle or we might see a bunch of L. Murray also. Somebody watch Kamara out of the backfield. And pressure Breeze. Our running game needs to work. And since the raider TE did so well, there may be one guy who can step up big in the passing game, but I hope we continue to spread it around. I am pretty sure the raider TE was mostly using the middle of the field. Also, Breeze threw 26 completions for over 300 yards. I am very hesitant to say he is not going to play well. I'm hesitant to call our stars so I'll go with the obvious. Zadarius and ARod. Dark horses are Gary and Shepherd. Should be fun.

Them losing to the Raiders and clearly underestimating them did them in last week. They'll be focused this time and not taking anything for granted.

But meantime...

Getting excited for a lot of good football tomorrow, and a lot of good games building up to ours

One headline already is... The Tua Tagaviloa show just got put on hold a little longer after old Fitzbeard showed the days of Fitzmagic had not quite ended yet

But for tomorrow's big subplots ...

Both the Raiders and the Bills could go 3-0, which for the Raiders would be the first time since 2002, the last time they traveled to the Superbowl. But both teams have the challenges coming from the Patriots and the Rams. Nonetheless, both games making for something to watch on the early docket.

Then...

It's definitely not sunny in Philly, but the Bengals are coming to town so all good for this week

Dwane Haskins and Chase Young return to Ohio. Is Baker Mayfield ready to hit the deck?

Kirk Cousins interception streak is going heavy so far this year, how many will he throw against the Titans?

49ers are already preparing their IR for max capacity, but they get a break against the Giants today

DeShaun Watson and company gotta be wondering if the NFL was out to whack them with their schedule. From KC, to Baltimore and now to Pittsburgh, pretty tough sledding.

Atlanta and Chicago... Will the Bears' wins coming off pure luck alone continue here? Or will the Falcons finally stop self destructing, get their first win and save Dan Quinn's butt?

The Chargers since moving on from Rivers have fought pretty hard so far, but the Panthers may be better set for a win here

Colts looking to keep pace with Tennessee with a win here, while Adam Gase's days in New York start to be numbered

Mike McCarthy returns to Seattle once again to take on Pete Caroll. Question is did he bring Slocum up there with him again?

Broncos are 0-2, but they may end that streak playing tough D against old man Tom Brady

Cardinals may be about to go wild in Phoenix against the Lions. Will a blowout win here be the final nail in Matt Patricia's coffin?

Then of course after our game wrapping it up on Monday, a 48-45 offense type game appears to be coming to Baltimore as the Chiefs fly in

Latest posts