Week 3 SNF: Packers head to NOLA

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy how our two teams got a lot of mirror players

Brees VS Rodgers

Kamara VS Jones

And even if neither play in this game...

Thomas VS Adams

Cam Jordan VS Zadarius Smith

Lattimore VS Alexander

I just got this feeling this won't be the only meeting we have VS these guys this year

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
To our advantage:

New Orleans has one less day to get ready and recover from injuries incurred last night.

Mentally - we are on an uptick, they have to recover from a loss and long flight back.

Other than that, both teams have corrections to make.

I expect a close, interesting game. I don’t think Brees is done yet.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Mentally - we are on an uptick, they have to recover from a loss and long flight back.
I didn't realize until game time yesterday that the game was played in Vegas. Schedule makers didn't do the Saints any favors having to turn around and play the Packers on SNF.

A lot of things working towards the Packers' advantage.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't realize until game time yesterday that the game was played in Vegas. Schedule makers didn't do the Saints any favors having to turn around and play the Packers on SNF.

A lot of things working towards the Packers' advantage.
Wouldn’t it be better to play Sunday night at home after a Monday night game on the road?

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it be better to play Sunday night at home after a Monday night game on the road?
Well of course. Doesn't make it easy though. You already have one less day to prepare, and you have to go cross country to get back home, and then take on a playoff team on a short week.

The schedule makers would have never let them go on the road again. Still a difficult stretch.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some fans will be there who knows how many?
Brees has had 2 games looking off..
The saints always scare me. This is no exception

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well of course. Doesn't make it easy though. You already have one less day to prepare, and you have to go cross country to get back home, and then take on a playoff team on a short week.

The schedule makers would have never let them go on the road again. Still a difficult stretch.[/QUOTE
For me I wouldn’t have used the phrase schedule markers didn’t do any favors. only because teams play on mnf On the road all the time and sometimes the next game is on the road

that's your opinion I just see it differently

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some fans will be there who knows how many?
Brees has had 2 games looking off..
The saints always scare me. This is no exception
They'll likely only let the ones in that have bottle shakers and whistles. Stuff that makes lots of noise you know. after seeing all that ******** in the stands when they played the Rams, I never felt more at peace with the football gods for the way they ended that game :) The Saints deserved it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yall need to slow your roll on all this one seed talk...
There are only 16 games, so seed talk is pertinent from day one. I have high expectations for this team, as Rodgers is not getting any younger. I'm guessing there will be fans in the stands by January so home field advantage is huge.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see this as the first real test for the Packers this season. the Saints have not looked great so far, but this is still a very talented team. are they a team whose title window closed, or do they look like the Saints everyone expected them to be this Sunday night?

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kamara scares me. I have visions of the 49'ers running over our defense and now we have to face a great RB.

H

HardRightEdge

Was it just me or was anyone else not very impressed by the "Al Davis Torch" that was "lit" before the game?

Reminded my of my grandfathers fake fireplace in his basement, shredded strips of paper, an orange light behind it and a fan below it to give it that look of dancing orange flames.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...al-davis-torch-raiders-open-las-vegas-stadium
That torch ran 4.30 in the 40 but it has no hands, so they drafted it in the first round in honor of Al.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy how our two teams got a lot of mirror players

Brees VS Rodgers

Kamara VS Jones

And even if neither play in this game...

Thomas VS Adams

Cam Jordan VS Zadarius Smith

Lattimore VS Alexander

I just got this feeling this won't be the only meeting we have VS these guys this year
I do. I don't think we're going to see NO after this. This will be the final and deciding game between Rodgers and Brees.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That torch ran 4.30 in the 40 but it has no hands, so they drafted it in the first round in honor of Al.

Over $2 Billion spent on what looks like a beautiful stadium and it appears they got that torch, which is dedicated to Raider legendary owner Al Davis, right out of a Home Depot store.

I think one of the coolest features that I saw of the new Allegiant Stadium was the retractable field. This has natural grass on some kind of track system that allows it to be mechanically pulled outside for natural sunlight and rain. There is also an artificial field that will be in place when UNLV plays its home games.

Interesting to read that they opted out of the big gaudy Video screens. Instead, there are large monitors spread around the perimeter of the stands. The choice to forgo a central screen came from a desire to maintain a full translucent roof.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over $2 Billion spent on what looks like a beautiful stadium and it appears they got that torch, which is dedicated to Raider legendary owner Al Davis, right out of a Home Depot store.

I think one of the coolest features that I saw of the new Allegiant Stadium was the retractable field. This has natural grass on some kind of track system that allows it to be mechanically pulled outside for natural sunlight and rain. There is also an artificial field that will be in place when UNLV plays its home games.

Interesting to read that they opted out of the big gaudy Video screens. Instead, there are large monitors spread around the perimeter of the stands. The choice to forgo a central screen came from a desire to maintain a full translucent roof.

Rain?

H

HardRightEdge

I believe the University of Phoenix Stadium, home of the Arizona Cardinals, was the first to have a field surface that can be rolled outdoors. I'm not crazy about what they did with the video screens in LA if I understand that system correctly. You're looking at 20 or 30 iterations of the replay on a bunch of smaller screens strung together in an oval under the roof. Better to have a set of larger screens I would think.

There was a two hour special on the construction of the LA stadium with an all-in cost of $4 - $5 billion which I presume includes the road upgrades. The whole thing is nuts. The FAA wouldn't approve the orginal design because it interfered with flight paths at the the airport next door. So they dug down 100 feet for the base of the bowl. The earthquake mititgation in the design is very elaborate and no doubt very expensive.

I often say living in Buffalo (or Green Bay for that matter) has certain benefits--no hurricanes, no earthquakes except the little ones, no raging wildfires, no water shortages. I tell people wait long enough and Western New York can be renamed New Tennessee without the hillbillys. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be hard to have Adams not play, but it would be worse if he played and injured the hamstring even more.

Well, Saints without Thomas is somewhat of an equalizer though. They're not as deep at WR either as they used to be

I got a feeling this game is going to be different than the typical Packers Saints match up. Bit more lower scoring with more defense than the usual offensive shootout

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts