Week 3 SNF: Packers head to NOLA

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
First primetime game of the season against the toughest opponent thus far. The Saints will present some unique challenges defensively, and obviously with Kamara. The good news is that it seems Michael Thomas will not be ready to go by then. That's an enormous break for the Packers.

This will also be the first game of the year in which the Packers will play before a crowd. It was announced that the Saints organization will allow fans on a limited basis obviously.

Hopefully the Packers can get some guys healthy and ready to go for this one. Although there will be some fans in attendance, it most certainly will not be the challenge it normally would.

This one will be fun.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brees looked old in week 1, but their roster is very good overall.

Would be a nice statement win. Let's get it.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be one of the biggest tests of the year

Even though it's early, it also could be a deciding game for 1st seed and playoff home field advantage

Defense is the biggest concern though. They've been abysmal down in the Superdome the last few times played there.

ColoradoPacker51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfect opportunity for us I think. A prime time game in a place that’s tough to play in, but hardly any fans. Definitely an advantage for us. I also love how we’ve won both games. Week 1 was classic 12 slinging it around the field and involving all our wide outs, today was a great run game, as they hardly loaded the box and 33 goes off. Defense is making plays when it matters most. Love what I’m seeing so far, and two huge divisional wins. Just hope Davante is more precautionary, and Kenny comes back soon. We’re a team to be reckoned with so far! Go Pack Go!

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like fans will return. And even if they don't, there was a ton of pumping fake noise from the Saints week 1 too. I just hope that d-bag that whistles loud can't go in.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perfect opportunity for us I think. A prime time game in a place that’s tough to play in, but hardly any fans. Definitely an advantage for us. I also love how we’ve won both games. Week 1 was classic 12 slinging it around the field and involving all our wide outs, today was a great run game, as they hardly loaded the box and 33 goes off. Defense is making plays when it matters most. Love what I’m seeing so far, and two huge divisional wins. Just hope Davante is more precautionary, and Kenny comes back soon. We’re a team to be reckoned with so far! Go Pack Go!

I agree it is a perfect opportunity. A win against the Saints will make a huge statement.

I think the game plan needs to emphasis the run game with a nice mix of Jones, Williams, and more Dillon.

The Saints historically have had an elite run defense the past four seasons and changing up the run game with a mix of zone runs, counters, and hard runs between the tackles sets up play-action.

I think Adams and Lazard will have a tough day against Lattimore and Jenkins, but I think MVS can get behind the defense and make some plays.

I would like to see more consistency from Sternberger, but I think Tonyan will cement himself as TE1 in this game. Also, Aaron Jones will work the slot as well.

On the flipside, the only concern with the Packers defense is the Saints run game, specifically Kamara. He will be a problem. No Kenny Clark opens up holes for Latavius Murray as well.

The Saints O-Line isn't what it used to be and I think the Smiths and Gary will create a lot pressure.

If Michael Thomas doesn't play, the other receivers aren't really a threat. I see an interception and 2 coverage sacks for Pettine's unit.

Packer 35
Saints 28

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree it is a perfect opportunity. A win against the Saints will make a huge statement.

I think the game plan needs to emphasis the run game with a nice mix of Jones, Williams, and more Dillon.

The Saints historically have had an elite run defense the past four seasons and changing up the run game with a mix of zone runs, counters, and hard runs between the tackles sets up play-action.

I think Adams and Lazard will have a tough day against Lattimore and Jenkins, but I think MVS can get behind the defense and make some plays.

I would like to see more consistency from Sternberger, but I think Tonyan will cement himself as TE1 in this game. Also, Aaron Jones will work the slot as well.

On the flipside, the only concern with the Packers defense is the Saints run game, specifically Kamara. He will be a problem. No Kenny Clark opens up holes for Latavius Murray as well.

The Saints O-Line isn't what it used to be and I think the Smiths and Gary will create a lot pressure.

If Michael Thomas doesn't play, the other receivers aren't really a threat. I see an interception and 2 coverage sacks for Pettine's unit.

Packer 35
Saints 28

Add in Ervin. I feel He is going to start to be more implemented

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They sounded louder than any other stadium though LOL Think it even caused a couple false starts, on them :)
I think Mahomes is taking or has taken the mantle from Rodgers of drawing people offsides. And he does it in such a way that he ends up with the free play all the time. The Chargers would have won if not for getting drawn off sides a bunch.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like fans will return. And even if they don't, there was a ton of pumping fake noise from the Saints week 1 too. I just hope that d-bag that whistles loud can't go in.

The "crowd" noise they pumped into Lambeau yesterday had some lady screaming all the time. I almost wanted to tell the stupid broad to stop that. :laugh:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Mahomes is taking or has taken the mantle from Rodgers of drawing people offsides. And he does it in such a way that he ends up with the free play all the time. The Chargers would have won if not for getting drawn off sides a bunch.

I thought the Chargers' rookie QB looked pretty good most of the time yesterday.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Funny how Michael Thomas needs to be cleared to play by the Packers team doctor.

I'm thinking that Dr. Robert Anderson should recommend at least another 10 days of rest, you really don't want to mess around with high ankle sprains. :whistling:

The Dr. might be smart and prescribe that Thomas be traded and start playing on natural grass and in colder weather, while breathing in fresh Wisconsin air. :whistling:

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Short week for New Orleans. Here’s hoping they are dealing with as many injuries as we are.

Members online

Latest posts