Week 3 almost bungled it studs and duds

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
another Dud not mentioned yet.....#21 Ha Ha. How many missed tackles did he have in the first half?

This defense is going to need to start forcing some turnovers to beat the better teams and when your coverage guys aren't even close to the ball, you aren't going to get many interceptions.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Studs:D-line , line backers, j Jones,Brooks,Geronimo

Mc Carthy: (It’s your office injured or not you can’t let Arod get sacked 6 times without adjusting protection a little) maybe promote some people off practice squad,
Bennett: still can’t believe we gave up cook for him

Who? This is it. If anyone is to blame for the thin OL (Besides injuries) blame TT.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, that’s half true but TT is not out there coaching

Well the other thing is ... Lang

Which will be stated again and again considering he's only like 28 or 29

But i don't know

We haven't had good back up tackles in YEARS

Even with Clifton and Tauscher... if either went down we were f***ed.. .so it could just be bad luck?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Well the other thing is ... Lang

Which will be stated again and again considering he's only like 28 or 29

But i don't know

We haven't had good back up tackles in YEARS

Even with Clifton and Tauscher... if either went down we were f***ed.. .so it could just be bad luck?
Wow I thought Lang was about 35

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: MM: Giving the ball to Monty over and over again when he isn't picking up yards running or catching......get more creative MM!

Somewhat, but Monty to me also needs to learn to follow his blockers as well as not hesitate in the open field. He's allowing defenders to come up on him doing that and most of them are sure tacklers.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
Josh Jones gonna beat out Kevin King as our best rookie of the year.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I am glad A-rod finally got that monkey, I mean Bengal off his back, this was a good game but I don’t think our backup can take us all the way if Arod is hit like this, I don’t have it in front of me can somebody tell me if this is the most Rodgers has been sacked in a game?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am glad A-rod finally got that monkey, I mean Bengal off his back, this was a good game but I don’t think our backup can take us all the way if Arod is hit like this, I don’t have it in front of me can somebody tell me if this is the most Rodgers has been sacked in a game?

it's not, he's been sacked more before or at least also 6 times before in a game

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Somewhat, but Monty to me also needs to learn to follow his blockers as well as not hesitate in the open field. He's allowing defenders to come up on him doing that and most of them are sure tacklers.

Oh that is a big part of it. Monty seems to be best in space and he isn't getting space. I'm still not sold on Monty as a RB, at least with this O-Line. Would like to see more of Williams running the ball.

Monty was also a dud at pass blocking today.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was slow today. We've seen him take the ball and accelerate past or away from defenders. Today he just looked slow. One of the later shovel passes was perfect. And he went for like 2 freaking yards.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's pretty good on swing or flare passes out of the backfield. Screen passes take a little more patience and an awareness of where your blockers are. Most seasoned runningbacks understand the flow of those plays. Monty seems to still be learning the concepts of it.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Studs:
Second half rodgers, although first half the o-line was pathetic
Allison
Jordy
Josh Jones
Martinez

Duds:
O-line
Bennett - I think he'll be one of those players that disappears and makes drops, and just does stupid stuff now and again, but he'll have some games where he'll show up and dominate. At least I sure hope so. Otherwise giving up Cook was a mistake. Let's not forget Cook didn't really arrive until later in the season, and overall Marty is still an upgrade as a blocker.
First Half D

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Second half rodgers, although first half the o-line was pathetic
Allison
Jordy
Josh Jones
Martinez

Duds:
O-line
Bennett - I think he'll be one of those players that disappears and makes drops, and just does stupid stuff now and again, but he'll have some games where he'll show up and dominate. At least I sure hope so. Otherwise giving up Cook was a mistake. Let's not forget Cook didn't really arrive until later in the season, and overall Marty is still an upgrade as a blocker.
First Half D
I wish I could agree with the fact that Cook was better later in the season... but the reality is that he looked good from the beginning.... but was injured for a good part of the early season.... Bennet just seems to have terrible hands.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another Dud not mentioned yet.....#21 Ha Ha. How many missed tackles did he have in the first half?

This defense is going to need to start forcing some turnovers to beat the better teams and when your coverage guys aren't even close to the ball, you aren't going to get many interceptions.

I agree. I think that's the biggest issue facing our defense currently. Even our below average/average defense could take a huge step forward if they start getting some takeaways. That should be a main emphasis from capers moving forward if it isn't already.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
should we keep listing CM3 as a dud every week? I didn't bother including him because it's pretty much a given every week now. Dude is a complete non-factor.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on a different note, Randall had a decent game. Maybe not stud status but it has looked like he's improved since last season.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone calling for Bennett has to remember that Cook is an injury risk like every year so
on a different note, Randall had a decent game. Maybe not stud status but it has looked like he's improved since last season.

well he didn't have to cover Green so that probably helped

Members online

Latest posts