Week 11 Minnesota Vikings [pregame and postgame thread]

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bust out the schmidt beer - its almost a guarantee of piped in noise. nice jinx on picking against your team raptor...Vikings 40 Pack 10...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You can fit every lake in Wisconsin including Lake Winnabago into Lake of the Woods and have plenty of room to spare. Wisconsin has lots of lakes but they are mostly tiny having originated from melting blocks of ice in glacial outwash. The really big Lakes in Minnesota and especially Ontario were gouged right out of the bedrock and are generally very large.
Are we all whipping out our lakes, to determine who has the biggest one?

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With no Gary the edge is going to be really undermanned. I think we are in store for giving up a good amount of points. Will the Packers offense keep up? They havent really had a statement game on the season IMO and now theyre down Jones. I think this one might come down to the wire again.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Mason redeems himself with a 51 yarder, no time left on the clock. Packers 37 Vikings 35

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How could they have NOT had the presence of mind to know we had to let them score on that last real play?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They would have gone down and not scored in earlier downs.
I don't believe that. I'm talking about the last real play they ran. Whoever that play went to was going for the TD. All we needed to do was let him have it and give Rodgers the ball with 1:30+ remaining and a timeout.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby sucks.
No, he doesn't. He's proven that over a long career. The FG unit is a 3-man effort. I think Wirtel is a big part of the problem. He had a wobbly snap today that ended with the ball being tilted too far to the right on the hold. Crosby expects the ball to be almost vertical. Little things like that turn good kicks into misses. He also had a terrible punt snap. Luckily, we stumbled onto the best punter in the world somehow.

Reaction score
Good hard fought battle. I’m not surprised. Good game by MN, they brought their A- game and played well.
GB was playing very banged up. As in the most injuries so far this season. Hoping Elgton is ok.

We all know that the Vikings are a good (not great) team and playing for a Wild Card spot. A loss at home would’ve been devastating to Minnesota. Vikings should be 6-4 and they don’t have near the injuries we have. We just played pretty good considering GB played sloppy with penalties. Another reversed INT because of a late hit cost us 7 points minimum, not to mention a missed 35 yard FG.

I’m glad to see out Offense start clicking. FINALLY!!! a burner to MVS! We’re going to be really hard to beat after the bye.

JimWB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good hard fought battle. I’m not surprised. Good game by MN, they brought their A- game and played well.
GB was playing very banged up. As in the most injuries so far this season. Hoping Elgton is ok.

We all know that the Vikings are a good (not great) team and playing for a Wild Card spot. A loss at home would’ve been devastating to Minnesota. Vikings should be 6-4 and they don’t have near the injuries we have. We just played pretty good considering GB played sloppy with penalties. Another reversed INT because of a late hit cost us 7 points minimum, not to mention a missed 35 yard FG.

I’m glad to see out Offense start clicking. FINALLY!!! a burner to MVS! We’re going to be really hard to beat after the bye.
The Pack is a good team, not great, so it's a good win for the Vikings. We'll see you at Lambeau. Skol.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, he doesn't. He's proven that over a long career. The FG unit is a 3-man effort. I think Wirtel is a big part of the problem. He had a wobbly snap today that ended with the ball being tilted too far to the right on the hold. Crosby expects the ball to be almost vertical. Little things like that turn good kicks into misses. He also had a terrible punt snap. Luckily, we stumbled onto the best punter in the world somehow.

Yeah, he does. Just because he was good at one time doesn't mean it lasts forever.

He's had a nice career. It's time to move on and look for our future kicker in the next draft. Things change over 14 years.

The lengths we go go make excuses for Crosby is incredible. He had a good snap and good hold on the 31 yarder today and he flat blew it. That's it. Yes your holder and snapper matter but ultimately the majority of responsibility lies on Mason.

Every kicker also has the same things to deal with, sometimes just on a week's notice, and they're all still expected to convert at at least a 80-85% rate if they want to keep their job.

As an aside, having a kicker who needs absolutely ideal execution to make a kick is not very desirable. There are kickers who can overcome an imperfectly executed snap and hold to make a kick.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Our O needs to score more. For all the weapons, we barely scrap more than opposition.
I agree with you in general. But today the GBP put by up 461 yards and 31 points. That should be plenty of O to Win. Might even compete with our best O performance this season.
Had the Savage interception not been reversed for Keke’s late hit and Crosby made a chip shot FG? believe this is a 34- 27(28) type GB road victory.

The GB offense themselves back with about 5 OL infractions adding to the poor sloppiness of 92 yards of GB penalties.

Last edited:

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all the accolades the D got over the past few weeks was way overrated. We have serious secondary issues. Go in with “stopping Cook” mentally is why Cousins carved our ***** up. Bad d coaching. One dimensional. High school coaching.

Members online

Latest posts