Week 11 Minnesota Vikings [pregame and postgame thread]

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Now what Minnesota did have was the Voyageurs, Frenchmen that were criss-crossing the northern lakes region (now the Boundary Waters and Quetico) in giant canoes. They were fur trapping and trading their way through the wilderness. It shouldn't be the Minnesota Vikings. It should be the Minnesota Voyageurs.
And the Packers should be called the "Frenchmen". After the people who started Green Bay.

Reaction score
Looks Like a good chance that Rashan Gary is going to play with a brace. This is a positive sign in that his injury isn't designated as serious. We don't need him full time this Sunday, but even having him split snaps is a significant factor.

The bigger news is Rodgers practiced some on Friday. That he is back in the huddle on practice is promising. His toe won't keep him from starting Sunday

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Packers should be called the "Frenchmen". After the people who started Green Bay.
Interesting thought. My ancestors would be so proud, and happy. It's been a long time since they played Lacrosse at Baie Verte. They could have been nicknamed The Canucks!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful!!!! Bwahahahaha.
Hope the folks that enjoy this aren't the same ones that contend the Pack is fine with lots of wins and division championships as opposed to those who feel it's the Lombardi or not.

Reaction score
Hope the folks that enjoy this aren't the same ones that contend the Pack is fine with lots of wins and division championships as opposed to those who feel it's the Lombardi or not.
Hey. If we’ve got a half empty trophy case, then we’ve got plenty of room to filler ‘er up!

Seriously though, it’s been an interesting season. If our Offense improves slightly down the back 7 and our Defense gets Z or J’aire back in the fold? This team will be hard to stop

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get your nationality couples correct. It's Sven/Olle and Leena for Scandinavian areas and Fritz/Hans and Helga/Hilde for around the Swiss/German areas. But then it might be too much expect from a Texan.
There was some serious middle of the night horseback riding through that underbrush in that region. Some of those names got a little jumbled based on the heritage of the kids conceived by those midnight rides. Just saying.... We're all kind of mongrels. I'm Canuck on one side, and German/Danish on the other. My wife, on the other hand, comes from a line of people who lined up with George Washington and thumbed their noses at King George. A couple even served with Washington at Valley Forge. In fact, one crossed the Delaware with Washington to roust the Hessian garrison on Christmas. Caught them sitting around in their red underwear with the trap doors on them. We've pinned her ancestoral beginnings down to 7 major contributors. Our kids? We were going to name one Heinz 57, but figured it wouldn't be fair to the rest. ;)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Vikings have proven that winning NFL championships is very, very difficult. Some people understand that reality.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really only curious. So we win one. And you bask in the sunlight for how long before you ask "what have you done for me lately"? Till the first game next year? Is it difficult for you to appreciate a good team and competition? You know that Lombardi came to regret saying winning is the only thing.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game is going to come down to the impact the IDL has in this game. Clark needs to be dominant and we need to get a good showing from one of the other 3 in Lowry, Slaton, and Keke.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I'm not overly confident in this prediction, I'll go with Packers 24 - 20. I'm expecting a close tough game. I won't be a bit surprised if the Vikings win.

JimWB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are well familiar with the magic of Aaron Rodgers, and won't be surprised by anything he offers. However, we're not used to a Packer team with a good defense. That will most likely be our downfall, and predicting a Packer victory , 24 - 13.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Border War games in Minnesota are tough. The Vikings are ahead 6-4-1 over the last 11 games. It's a big game for the Purple people, because the playoffs are still possible, and beating the Packers in Minnesota is the most important singular game of the year. Even though "I think" I know who should win, I wouldn't put a plugged nickel on it happening.

I'm going to say, after seeing the injury reports, that the Packers barely win this one 27-24. The Vikings run out of time, and can't get in FG range at the end to push it into OT.

My previous posts, about the Vikings? All part of the friendly rivalry. Let's hope both teams come out of this with no more injuries!

He

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikes lead the league in sacks, which means AR won't consistently have 4 seconds in the pocket. MLF needs to utilize frequent screens, quick passes and runs to minimize the pass rush. If GB gets up by 2 scores Minne can't keep up so MLF needs to keep the pedal to the floor. IF he does this should be a big blow out...just not sure he'll let GB score 35+?

JimWB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Wisconsinites we also claim the title of drinking more beer per capita than any people, in any country, or state, in the world. Adding to it, we also drink more brandy per capita.

When we do it, we do it right!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

My Caption. Add your own.

"OK Kurt! Here's the deal. Your job is to throw the ball downfield to the guys wearing white jerseys. Got it?"
Kurt, even though I'm close enough to kiss you and not wearing a mask, don't worry about Covid. I've been "immunized."

Latest posts