Week 11 Minnesota Vikings [pregame and postgame thread]

Reaction score
This game all but eliminates Minnesota from the top spot in the North.
Right now a Vikings probability meter is about 16% for a Division leader (off the top of my head) the Packers hand them a loss at their house? It plummets to ~4%
The Vikings will have their back against a brick wall.
A Road Win @Minni keeps us ahead of Arizona by default (tiebreaker)with just 6 games remaining and 4 @Lambeau Field

Imo.
Besides @Minneapolis?
@Baltimore is the toughest match remaining. Followed by
Vs. Rams (possibly our toughest due to ongoing injuries)
Vs. Browns.
Vs Minnesota
Vs Bears
@Detroit.

These games are all each very winnable. Much will depend on how quickly we are able to integrate Bakhtiari, Jones and Gary into the mix.
Getting Z or J’ai would be a bonus.

Last edited:

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings are missing Hunter and Pierce on their Dline. This should be a really good game for Dillon to impose his will. A shame we are missing Jones.

This is probably Kirk Cousins best season. He really isnt turning the ball over much. Im not too concerned about their passing game though because I think our DBs can hang with them but I am very concerned about getting pressure. I think Clark is going to be a game wrecker in this one. Their interior stinks but again just really worried about our edge losing contain on Cook if Gary doesnt play.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a dangerous game. On the road, against a rival, against the team that in my opinion is much better than their record; they've been tough all season long. If they can get through these next two games to the bye they'll be in great shape for the number one seed. Lose both, you not only can kiss the number one seed goodbye, but the division will be a race again.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikes are desperate and are fighting for their playoff lives. I'd feel better if we had Jones, Mercilus and a healthy Gary going into this game. I hope a full week of practice with AR and the WRs will enable our offense to look more like its old self.

Reaction score
Any divisional games are tough on the road regardless of their win/lose record.

Matt L. will put together another plan to win this game.

I just hope the Vi-kings, bears and Lions aren't trap games for us

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The outcome is anything but a given. I think we should win, but on the road in MN is tough. MN is playing better than their record and we're likely going to be down a few more guys again.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Logically, Green Bay should win because they are a better team than Minnesota.

That doesn't mean it will happen, however. The Rams probably should beat San Francisco instead of getting pounded on MNF.

Division rivals, and all that.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings games always seem like trap games. Especially when you play in the land of 10,000 pot holes. It's like they see the game as their Super Bowl. They win that, and can go 0-for the rest of the year, and still feel like they kissed someone other than their ugliest sister, passionately. (Hope I haven't offended any lurking Vikings fans. I don't know if your sister is really ugly or not)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is Raptorman?!? This is his week!

The Vikings struggled against big backs up the middle even before their losses on the DL. Losing Jones for this game might actually work in our favor if we keep running it down their throats with Dillon. They still have weak corners. Patrick Peterson off of IR doesn't really scare me, and Harrison Smith coming off of Covid is also less of a concern. He was already slowing down. Kendricks is having a great season at LB and Barr can still be a force.

When we are on defense, it will be another test against a team with two top WRs, a top RB, and a QB who is playing better than usual. Assuming that we are without Gary and knowing that we are without Mercilous, the Vikings would be smart to get Kirk moving outside of the pocket since our main pass rush will come from the middle. As usual, the main Jenga piece that we need to focus on is Cook. If we stop Dalvin then their play-action game is gone and they struggle. Stopping Dalvin Cook is not easy, and he seems to thrive on playing the Packers.

I cautiously predict a victory but for the Vikings, Zimmer, and the entire fan base this is their Super Bowl. I would not be surprised to witness a loss.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings games always seem like trap games. Especially when you play in the land of 10,000 pot holes. It's like they see the game as their Super Bowl. They win that, and can go 0-for the rest of the year, and still feel like they kissed someone other than their ugliest sister, passionately. (Hope I haven't offended any lurking Vikings fans. I don't know if your sister is really ugly or not)

Fun fact: There are more lakes in Wisconsin than Minnesota.

More Bears in Wisconsin's north woods than in all of Chicago, too, for that matter.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score

More Bears in Wisconsin's north woods than in all of Chicago, too, for that matter.
As Wisconsinites we also claim the title of drinking more beer per capita than any people, in any country, or state, in the world. Adding to it, we also drink more brandy per capita.

When we do it, we do it right!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes and almost as many fish. Just kidding of course, that's about the only good thing Minnesota has going for it is the fishing. Still its a good putdown.

Reaction score

Very Interesting. I didn’t know that.

We should rename Minnesota “Land of a Lot less lakes than Wisconsin”. :tup:

Chicago Bears should’ve been
“Chicago Bares” because its Kinda bare of wildlife.:x3:

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Hey look at the bright side. They won’t have to fuss with giving it a good old Holiday dusting this year.
(Now watch them run the table!) :laugh:

I don’t want to be mean. But beating them on their turf would be like getting an early Christmas present.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey look at the bright side. They won’t have to fuss with giving it a good old Holiday dusting this year.
(Now watch them run the table!) :laugh:

I don’t want to be mean. But beating them on their turf would be like getting an early Christmas present.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

My Caption. Add your own.

"OK Kurt! Here's the deal. Your job is to throw the ball downfield to the guys wearing white jerseys. Got it?"

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Looking at some of the numbers, stat wise, these teams are pretty close. MN actually has scored more points, but just barely. They also have given up similar points per game as a defense, but the Packers have the advantage there. It should be a close game with the Packers sneaking it out. I just have a feeling though that MN is in "injured animal" mode and that is a dangerous place to be. This is a huge game for them and losing it would have big implications. Wild card would still be manageable, but division title would all be but gone.

I just have a feeling the Packers are going to lay an egg. The injuries are going to catch up with them and their inconsistent play will rule their day. MN 27 GB 17

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not making predictions. The Vikings...THERE...aren't going to lay down. Once again, it's a "whoever has the ball last" thing. I am, however, continue talking s---.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts