"We feel pretty good about our roster as a whole." Ted Thompson Addresses Reporters Before the Draft

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So there you have straight from the dreamers mouth...Apparently the G on the helmet stands for GOOD ENOUGH!! Maybe they could have alternate uniform with an A on the side for Average or P for participating or Packer Peckerheads...not on board with any of this overblown trash of a team...wake me when his tenure is over!!

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So there you have straight from the dreamers mouth...Apparently the G on the helmet stands for GOOD ENOUGH!! Maybe they could have alternate uniform with an A on the side for Average or P for participating or Packer Peckerheads...not on board with any of this overblown trash of a team...wake me when his tenure is over!!

What should he say?

"We suck! We're desperate entering the draft. We're probably doomed!"

Go back to sleep.

OP
OP
D

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry as a fan growing up 3 miles away from Lambeau Field, and a shareholder, I want our team to be a great not just OK

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry as a fan growing up 3 miles away from Lambeau Field, and a shareholder, I want our team to be a great not just OK

Not many would disagree, but you are reading too much into those comments. It's what any GM would say about their team. Standard media line. Has no relevance to what he really thinks.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not many would disagree, but you are reading too much into those comments. It's what any GM would say about their team. Standard media line. Has no relevance to what he really thinks.

While I agree with your statement Thompson mostly standing pat at cornerback indicates that he feels comfortable about the depth chart at the position which I absolutely disagree with.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes the truth would be refreshing...and while I'm going back to sleep, you can go back to drinking your sour Kool-Aid in your packer emblem glass

He said what any GM would say in his position. I'm not looking through rose-colored glasses - I'm being realistic to not fly off the handle over a GM saying what any GM would.

Sashi Brown, the GM of the Cleveland Browns, said this the other day:

So the need to continue acquiring high-value picks is probably less intense this year -- it is less intense this year. We feel really good about having effectively two draft classes through the first two rounds ... there will be a lot of good Cleveland Brown players coming off the board on Thursday and Friday night."

He's optimistic. Why wouldn't the GM of a team who won two playoff games last year be?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if sports figures could/would actually say what's on their mind? I listen to some sports talk while driving and am amazed at the accolades some of the interviews garner, when I'm sitting there thinking that I could answered for the guy.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree with your statement Thompson mostly standing pat at cornerback indicates that he feels comfortable about the depth chart at the position which I absolutely disagree with.
I wonder if TT has a corner in mind that he believes will be there in the 1st round.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I wonder if TT has a corner in mind that he believes will be there in the 1st round.
Likely no one that's ready to step in and be top 2 or 3 on the depth chart, let alone #1, which is what the Packers are sorely missing.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Some people will turn over any and every rock in their search for something to cry about.

It's a freaking press conference.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Some people will turn over any and every rock in their search for something to cry about.

It's a freaking press conference.
All this does is confirm what I already suspected about Ted Thompson, and that's that he is comfortable with rolling into Week 1 with essentially just this group plus picks and extremely modest FA signings.

Same ole thing, just another season. Hoping it all comes to fruition and the defense surpasses everyone's expectations.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Likely no one that's ready to step in and be top 2 or 3 on the depth chart, let alone #1, which is what the Packers are sorely missing.
Or maybe a pass rusher. Amazing how a good pass rush can make corners look better. So I think we will go with a corner or pass rusher in the 1st. Maybe even trade up.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Or maybe a pass rusher. Amazing how a good pass rush can make corners look better. So I think we will go with a corner or pass rusher in the 1st. Maybe even trade up.
I agree that a more consistent pass rush would go a long way in covering up deficiencies in the secondary, however that doesn't mean that those deficiencies don't still exist, and won't be able to get exposed situationally, especially in playoff games.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't expect Thompson to trade up in the first round. While another pass rusher would improve the defense I would prefer the Packers to use their first rounder on a cornerback as both starters are set at outside linebacker and it's tough to pressure quarterback when your CBs can't cover for at least two seconds.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect Thompson to trade up in the first round. While another pass rusher would improve the defense I would prefer the Packers to use their first rounder on a cornerback as both starters are set at outside linebacker and it's tough to pressure quarterback when your CBs can't cover for at least two seconds.
You are giving Randall too much credit implying he can cover 2 seconds. If you look at the cushion he gave receivers last year, guys were wide open immediately after virtually zero seconds.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You are giving Randall too much credit implying he can cover 2 seconds. If you look at the cushion he gave receivers last year, guys were wide open immediately after virtually zero seconds.
In fairness to Randall, I do believe that a lot of that is schematically driven, which is why I cannot understand for the life of me how Capers continues to be employed by the Packers.

Our secondary, and really defense as a whole, got royally whipped in the NFCCG, but I thought it was a laughable game plan by one Dom Capers.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The season doesn't start tomorrow. Let's see who we get in the draft and if any other FA's appear after teams cut more guys. I'm more concerned with getting a better pass rush consistently.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
What about the cornerback position Ted? I don't think that is "Good Enough" to win a Super Bowl.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this does is confirm what I already suspected about Ted Thompson, and that's that he is comfortable with rolling into Week 1 with essentially just this group plus picks and extremely modest FA signings.

Same ole thing, just another season. Hoping it all comes to fruition and the defense surpasses everyone's expectations.
Good fricking grief!

Honestly, would you like him to lay out his complete draft strategy a week prior to the draft?

TT: well we are desperate to upgrade our pass rush with a player, specifically someone with the initials TJW and his name ryhmns with rot. We would even trade up to #20 if need be with our 2nd rounder.
(Phone rings)
MM: weird, the GM for #20 is calling!. Huh. What a coincidence!

Last edited:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel pretty good about the roster as a whole as well. I feel like the draft will shore up the starting rb issue, the olb depth, Oline depth and a corner. Hoping damarious and Rollins bounce back from soph slumps also. We don't have a ton of holes imo.