F>R Mock Draft Thread 2019

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we are now less than 100 days from the Draft, and roughly 2 weeks from the completion of the Senior Bowl and East-West Shrine Game, I'd figure now's the time to post my Mock. I'll update after the games, Combine, Pro Days, and any scandals accordingly. Since I'm currently deployed overseas and incessantly bored, I opted for FanSpeak's Premium features which included custom boards, using multiple boards, and trades.

12th Overall -
Josh Allen - Edge/Kentucky - Kyler Murray did exactly what I thought he would, jumped Dwayne Haskins to be the 1st QB off the board and once Haskins was gone **** hit the fan. Both Josh Allen and Devin White were there for the taking, but I give Allen the top grade here. I don't think I need to say much, he was mostly unblockable in the SEC this year.

TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades the 32nd Overall Pick to New England (Noah Fant)
New England Trades the 56th, 61st, and the 125th Overall Picks to Green Bay
I think Gute knows he can't move up with the 32nd Pick without mortgaging most of the Draft, but moving back to have three picks in the 2nd Round to improve the roster and try to erase the leftover lackluster talent from the Ted Thompson years? Yes please. I don't think I need to explain why Belichick would do it. Let's continue.

44th Overall - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Safety/Florida - After watching Deionte Thompson in the NC, I have cooled on him considerably. He needs to impress at the Senior Bowl before I buy back in. Meanwhile, Florida routed Michigan in the Peach Bowl; with CGS(as I like to call him) getting a pick-six, but he was already trending upward prior to that game. CGS can play FS and Nickel, so the versatility is a plus as well, I just hope he doesn't test TOO well at the combine, otherwise that 32nd pick will be reserved just for him.

56th Overall - Irv Smith Jr - Tight End/Alabama - I like the tape, he can block some in addition to his receiving abilities, not sure how much LaFleur likes double tight sets, but him with Jimmy G should we see a resurgence could be deadly. Regardless, I could see him as our next Bubba Franks, but better.

61st Overall - Beau Benzschawel - Guard/Wisconsin - I'm gonna call him "Benz" for short. He's a starting Guard Day 1. I expect immediate improvement in AR not getting hit, and buying him extra time for these young receivers to get open so he can find them.

75th Overall - David Sills V - Wide Receiver/West Virginia - I normally shy away from WVU prospects altogether, but he's the first one I've liked in a long time. He's a converted QB who fits the mold for what Gute likes to draft in a WR. He has great high point skills for the end zone and deep ball.

108th Overall - Devin Bush - Linebacker/Michigan - He's a little undersized, but he's one of the most dynamic in his class. We have the DL in my opinion to support his shorter stature so that he can shoot through the gaps. Pass coverage shouldn't be too much of a concern either. This pick explicitly puts Burks in the hot seat.

112th Overall - Ross Pierschbacher - Guard/Alabama - I think of all the OL during the NC game, PB seemed to fair pretty well(all things considered). In my opinion he starts opposite "Benz" Day 1, and the entire OL is thus now officially upgraded.

125th Overall - Ricky Walker- Defensive Line/Virginia Tech - Ricky Walker is my answer for the underwhelming Montravius Adams. Ricky is every much as good as a pass rusher as he is against the run; just good, but not great. I like Walker to rotate in for Clark to keep him fresh without giving the opposing offensive line a break.

140th Overall - Jamal Peters - Cornerback/Mississippi State - He's 6'2 with possibly 4.4 speed. He has pretty good man skills, which the Packers look for in a DB. Peters could eventually grow into a starter depending on how the roster shakes out in the next 2-3 years. But for the present I like him to step up if and when Kevin King's shoulder no longer holds up, and while I like Tony Brown, I'd still like to address the position further without a somewhat high pick.

172nd Overall - Bryce Love - Running Back/Stanford - We need a running back as of right now the only sure bets to be on the roster are Jones and Williams. If either or even worse, BOTH go down our running game could be non-existent. I know he's coming off a torn ACL but as a 6th Round pick the risk/reward is worth it. He can ride the PUP or PS until he's ready and then we see what he's got. This pick may not really pay off until either the playoffs or 2020. But I'm very optimistic.

180th Overall Pick - Bobby Evans - Offensive Tackle/Oklahoma - I like Gute to hold on to Bulaga as since we once again missed the postseason he has had additional time to rest/heal up. I think we all for the most part like Bulaga, as long as he's on the field. Let him earn his next contract, but in the meantime Bobby Evans has the physical tools and traits to be a starting tackle in the NFL, he just needs to improve his technique. Evans can learn under both Bulaga and Bakh, and perhaps in 2020 if Bulaga is no longer with us, Evans could maybe be another Bakh with some mentoring.

204th Overall - Jordan Scarlett - Running Back/Florida - With the aforementioned Bryce Love probably out til at least midway through the season or beyond, the opportunity to cement a role in the offense is purely Scarlett's for the taking. He has some character issues from an incident dating back to 2017 with Browns rookie sensation Antonio Callaway, but I believe he will be just as fine as he was. Just like with Love, as a 7th Round Pick the risk/reward factor is absolutely right. But if I'm right, the Packers may not have enough carries to go around.

At this time I will field all haters, I mean comments....

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't believe Josh Allen will be there at 12 as many have him as the top edge rusher in this class. At this stage it would be shocking to many that he is there at 12.

I prefer Abram over Gardner-Johnson but Abram won't be there at that pick. I would actually prefer Packers handle safety in free agency all together.

Nowhere on here is the Packers biggest need IMO adressed with a slot receiver to replace Cobb that can take the top off the defense. We have several "big receivers" right now and don't need Sills so to me its a wasted pick. I would much prefer the Packers to hold onto pick 32 and get Parris Campbell or even Marquise Brown. Campbell winning the nod matching elite speed with NFL size.

I like "Benz" but believe Chris Lindstrom(Boston College) is a more polished prospect at guard using our 3rd selection in draft. I also like Dillard(WSU) as a mid round selection that could eventually be a guy that can get plugged in all along the OL which you can never have enough of.

While I'm okay with Irv Smith I don't see us getting a quick enough return on that selection.

I see a lot of value with the Devin Bush pick and see him as someone who could do well in a Pettine defense.

I would stay away from Love and focus on LJ Scott(MSU) or Perine(Florida)

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Murray entering the draft I think it does add to the QB jocking around...I see the Redskins at 15 wanting a QB and possibly trying to leap frog dolphins at 13. We could have a possible deal with Redskins, give them 12 we take 15 and their 2nd rounder...these early QBs drive teams to do things we maybe can take advantage of.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades the 32nd Overall Pick to New England (Noah Fant)
New England Trades the 24th, 29th, and the 125th Overall Picks to Green Bay
I think Gute knows he can't move up with the 32nd Pick without mortgaging most of the Draft, but moving back to have three picks in the 2nd Round to improve the roster and try to erase the leftover lackluster talent from the Ted Thompson years? Yes please. I don't think I need to explain why Belichick would do it. Let's continue.

44th Overall - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Safety/Kentucky - After watching Deionte Thompson in the NC, I have cooled on him considerably. He needs to impress at the Senior Bowl before I buy back in. Meanwhile, Florida routed Michigan in the Peach Bowl; with CGS(as I like to call him) getting a pick-six, but he was already trending upward prior to that game. CGS can play FS and Nickel, so the versatility is a plus as well, I just hope he doesn't test TOO well at the combine, otherwise that 32nd pick will be reserved just for him.

56th Overall - Irv Smith Jr - Tight End/Alabama - I like the tape, he can block some in addition to his receiving abilities, not sure how much LaFleur likes double tight sets, but him with Jimmy G should we see a resurgence could be deadly. Regardless, I could see him as our next Bubba Franks, but better.

61st Overall - Beau Benzschawel - Guard/Wisconsin - I'm gonna call him "Benz" for short. He's a starting Guard Day 1. I expect immediate improvement in AR not getting hit, and buying him extra time for these young receivers to get open so he can find

If gute trades #32 for #29 that would be outstanding in itself. But to get #25 and #125 also is amazing.

This is all fine. I think Josh Allen will go top 5, so at 12, he is a no brainer, even with White there. You never know, I never expected James, Davenport, or Edmund's last year to make it to our pick either.

Your first 4 picks hit our biggest needs.

If NE trade doesnt happen, who do we take are 32?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
With Murray entering the draft I think it does add to the QB jocking around...I see the Redskins at 15 wanting a QB and possibly trying to leap frog dolphins at 13. We could have a possible deal with Redskins, give them 12 we take 15 and their 2nd rounder...these early QBs drive teams to do things we maybe can take advantage of.

This is exactly what Im hoping for and pick up another top 50 pick to get this offense rebuilt.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe Josh Allen will be there at 12 as many have him as the top edge rusher in this class. At this stage it would be shocking to many that he is there at 12.

I prefer Abram over Gardner-Johnson but Abram won't be there at that pick. I would actually prefer Packers handle safety in free agency all together.

Nowhere on here is the Packers biggest need IMO adressed with a slot receiver to replace Cobb that can take the top off the defense. We have several "big receivers" right now and don't need Sills so to me its a wasted pick. I would much prefer the Packers to hold onto pick 32 and get Parris Campbell or even Marquise Brown. Campbell winning the nod matching elite speed with NFL size.

I like "Benz" but believe Chris Lindstrom(Boston College) is a more polished prospect at guard using our 3rd selection in draft. I also like Dillard(WSU) as a mid round selection that could eventually be a guy that can get plugged in all along the OL which you can never have enough of.

While I'm okay with Irv Smith I don't see us getting a quick enough return on that selection.

I see a lot of value with the Devin Bush pick and see him as someone who could do well in a Pettine defense.

I would stay away from Love and focus on LJ Scott(MSU) or Perine(Florida)

I'm sorry but I'm sold on Kyler Murray making things go our way. Let's wait until after the Senior Bowl and see how teams are feeling afterwards.

I prefer CGS over Abram for the versatility to play corner. I actually have Abram going after CGS because he's riding a wave. I almost considered grabbing Abrams instead of Sills as he was still available but changed my mind.

I'm placing Sills as the slot. There's no universal rule that a slot receiver has to be short. Campbell has amazing speed but is a one trick pony in the mold of Dez Bryant. If he doesn't beat his man with speed the route is most likely dead(his route running needs a LOT of work). Sills is ready made. He may only run 4.5, but his length will be an advantage against smaller corners and being a former QB I'm confident he will find the soft spot in the zone. GMo occasionally lined up in the slot, and he's 6'3 as well and slower than Sills.

I'm not against Lindstrom at all but he's already gone at that pick, Dillard I can't remember. This is me going after "my guy", as I'm sure Gute will.

For me it was Irv or Al from Mizzou or nobody at all. Had he not been there I probably would have went OL, probably for a more talented OT. I'm fine with Jimmy, Tonyan, and Kendricks for now. Irv can develop.

For the talent that WAS there in Love he is a steal in the 6th. If he's healthy when he takes the field he could be this year's MVS or ESB in RB form. I'm sold on him.

If gute trades #32 for #29 that would be outstanding in itself. But to get #25 and #125 also is amazing.

This is all fine. I think Josh Allen will go top 5, so at 12, he is a no brainer, even with White there. You never know, I never expected James, Davenport, or Edmund's last year to make it to our pick either.

Your first 4 picks hit our biggest needs.

If NE trade doesnt happen, who do we take are 32?

I see what you did there, I adjusted my numbers to reflect the correct position. Thanks for going easy on me, lol.

You're exactly right, we haven't even made it to the Combine yet and we don't know who will rise and fall, but I'm almost certain either of the two should be available.

If that trade doesn't happen, I'm looking at N'Keal Harry or Michael Deiter.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that trade doesn't happen, I'm looking at N'Keal Harry or Michael Deiter.
I think I would prefer Deiter over the trade results. But you got good trade value. I just think our only 'desperate need' is OG. And we must get two, one starter and one for competition/depth. Dieter could step in there day 1 and improve our OL.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deiter to me is a definite future All-Pro. I took lesser talent in the hopes of finding two starters in one draft. I went that route because I feel Gute would do the same since he traded back last time, granted that's the only draft we have to go on. Plus, I got a TE for the future out of it, which I had no real intention of addressing at all in the Draft. I like the gamble.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I'm sold on Kyler Murray making things go our way. Let's wait until after the Senior Bowl and see how teams are feeling afterwards.

I prefer CGS over Abram for the versatility to play corner. I actually have Abram going after CGS because he's riding a wave. I almost considered grabbing Abrams instead of Sills as he was still available but changed my mind.

I'm placing Sills as the slot. There's no universal rule that a slot receiver has to be short. Campbell has amazing speed but is a one trick pony in the mold of Dez Bryant. If he doesn't beat his man with speed the route is most likely dead(his route running needs a LOT of work). Sills is ready made. He may only run 4.5, but his length will be an advantage against smaller corners and being a former QB I'm confident he will find the soft spot in the zone. GMo occasionally lined up in the slot, and he's 6'3 as well and slower than Sills.

If you want a gigantic freak receiver to play slot and TE in the passing game I would go with Hakeem Butler who is a beast.

As far as Campbell we need a "one trick pony" that can stretch the defense from the middle and who also needs to be accounted for on gadget sweeps and screens. Kind of like Tyreek Hill or Cohen for the Bears in this new La Fleur offense.

Remember, Kansas City is the bluprint for this Packers team to win NOW.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade 5th, 2-6ths, 7th round picks for a 4th rounder. Possible pick 10 or higher in the 4th. That gives us 7 picks in 4 rounds. Should get several starters and good back-ups.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Trade 5th, 2-6ths, 7th round picks for a 4th rounder. Possible pick 10 or higher in the 4th. That gives us 7 picks in 4 rounds. Should get several starters and good back-ups.

If they trade back from 12 a few spots that scenario could rise to 8.

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but wouldn't want to drop very far. All depends on who falls. With the 12th pick we really need a starter that can make a difference, in fact,we need at least 3 picks that can start.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want a gigantic freak receiver to play slot and TE in the passing game I would go with Hakeem Butler who is a beast.

As far as Campbell we need a "one trick pony" that can stretch the defense from the middle and who also needs to be accounted for on gadget sweeps and screens. Kind of like Tyreek Hill or Cohen for the Bears in this new La Fleur offense.

Remember, Kansas City is the bluprint for this Packers team to win NOW.

I understand it's a copycat league, but I don't see us turning into the Chiefs overnight, if at all. I expect LaFleur to make the offense in his own image and make adjustments as the years go by based on personnel. As far as I'm concerned, Love would be my Cohen type player.

Actually upon getting those extra picks in the 2nd, several teams offered me additional picks in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds. That was actually the Draft I planned to publish here; I think I traded back like three times for a total of 14 picks...my conscious had me thinking maybe it was a tad unrealistic. I might put that one up here just for comparison.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
True, but wouldn't want to drop very far. All depends on who falls. With the 12th pick we really need a starter that can make a difference, in fact,we need at least 3 picks that can start.

Yes, "At leat 3" and that's why I would be down with drafting 15th or so in first and picking up an extra second.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I understand it's a copycat league, but I don't see us turning into the Chiefs overnight, if at all. I expect LaFleur to make the offense in his own image and make adjustments as the years go by based on personnel. As far as I'm concerned, Love would be my Cohen type player.

The "KC Blueprint" being tailor your team around your star QB while complimenting him with as much talent possible and not falling into a continuous pipe dream of trying to build some elite defense.

I am not putting any real juice or hope into a "speed RB" trying to overcome a torn ACL At least not for two years anyways.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gronk has hinted at retirement again. At 32 BB jumps up to take Noah Fant. Hockenson, Smith, and Al were all gone before they picked again so BB jumped up to take Fant in the 1st Round.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, "At leat 3" and that's why I would be down with drafting 15th or so in first and picking up an extra second.
Moving down 3 slots in middle of first does not garner a 2nd round pick on any draft value charts I've referenced. That is an early -mid 3rd round value. To get a 2nd round there would take a drop of a half dozen slots or better. With the value you have Washington offering, they can get up around slot 8-9.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Moving down 3 slots in middle of first does not garner a 2nd round pick on any draft value charts I've referenced. That is an early -mid 3rd round value. To get a 2nd round there would take a drop of a half dozen slots or better. With the value you have Washington offering, they can get up around slot 8-9.

Then I would happily take the 3rd as it still gives us another top 100 pick. I see lots of players in that mid-3rd range that can help us. Unless we trade up Josh Allen isn't happening. The scenario in which i say pick at 12 is if Devin White is available which has a slight possibility. I just don't see how Gute could pass that kind of value up at 12. This guy is the LB we've wanted for years. If the Packers could add Earl Thomas in free agency and then get White and an edge at 32 such as Jaylon Ferguson(who will probably be there) my whole attitude towards this defense would change.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quick question: Which of the Big Boards and Team needs in this draft simulator do you guys deem to be most accurate?

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers could add Earl Thomas in free agency and then get White and an edge at 32 such as Jaylon Ferguson(who will probably be there) my whole attitude towards this defense would change.

You're giving Ferguson a 1st Round grade? On what basis? At best he's Round 3 pre-Combine. We'll see in 2 weeks and thereafter.

Quick question: Which of the Big Boards and Team needs in this draft simulator do you guys deem to be most accurate?

There is no "accurate" board as teams will value players and positions differently based on their needs and parameters. I like Steve's, Walter/Charlie, and Matt Miller. My custom board takes cues from all three. NFL Mock I occasionally agree with but I do use their needs setting.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You're giving Ferguson a 1st Round grade? On what basis? At best he's Round 4 pre-Combine. We'll see in 2 weeks and thereafter.

On the basis that he had 17.5 sacks and can also set the edge. Smaller school production? Go watch his LSU game tape and he dominated them. Like took there lunch $ dominated. He is going to shoot up boards and would be a great pick at 32. I know he isnt a great "bender" but he wins with his hands and physicality. Exactly what this team needs on the edge.

You get him and Devin White and some great things can start happening with what we already have. Just need a free safety. This goes against my "all offense draft postition" but thats just too much talent to pass up.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a typo on my part I meant to put a 3rd Round Grade on him. I'm aware of the LSU game but LSU is trending down somewhat despite White, Williams, and Lawrence which all play defense. I would have liked more tougher opponents to his resume. Forrest Lamp dominated him at WKU 2 years ago from what I understand so I don't think he's elite. I'm going to probably chalk that up to his lack of bend which you pointed out yourself.

I need to see what he does Senior Bowl and Combine. But I don't see him peaking past the 2nd Round unless he just blows everyone away in Mobile and Indy.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That was a typo on my part I meant to put a 3rd Round Grade on him. I'm aware of the LSU game but LSU is trending down somewhat despite White, Williams, and Lawrence which all play defense. I would have liked more tougher opponents to his resume. Forrest Lamp dominated him at WKU 2 years ago from what I understand so I don't think he's elite. I'm going to probably chalk that up to his lack of bend which you pointed out yourself.

I need to see what he does Senior Bowl and Combine. But I don't see him peaking past the 2nd Round unless he just blows everyone away in Mobile and Indy.

Davenport's tape last year was far from elite and look where he went. Darius Leonard came out of South Carolina State and look what he did.

Ferguson is a hand in the dirt guy and doesn't provide much in coverage but IMO would be a day 1 improvement over Nick Perry and he would give us some nastiness on the edge which is desperately needed. I will take Ferguson all day long over Polite who i see mocked all over the internet to us at 12.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have mocked Ferguson to us several times, but never in the 1st Round. I don't believe I've seen even any expert mocks with him that early. But I do have him as an answer to replacing Nick Perry as he seems to do just about nothing on the field. That much we can agree about.

But I only mock him when I have drafted White and not Allen. Allen takes Perry's spot and Clay remains outside as I have Bush/Hodge going inside depending on who's available.

Members online

Latest posts