F>R Mock Draft Thread 2019

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Now here's the fun part.

Look at his entires season worth of stats.

Which game was more of the outlier? Michigan or the Pac-12 games?

Oh and btw, Washington had more NFL talent in their secondary than Michigan did. Just sayin.

And fwiw, 78 of those yards against Michigan came on what I would consider a run. I don't know why stat makers say that little toss from a QB is a pass, but it really isn't.

That's not to say it isn't impressive. Campbell is an elite athlete. But he's not a very good WR, and he's not a deep threat. He's a gadget player. A poor man's Percy Harvin would be an apt comparison imo.

He might not be as elusive as Harvin but he is faster and makes up for it with amazing acceleration. Campbells season was a huge success with 90 catches for over 1000 yards. They scored a 60 burger on Oregon State so not gonna knock Campbell there and he played well against the Huskies making some nice catches in that game. OSU took a significant leade in that game and kind of put it on cruise control.

Ohio State also had a loaded deck at receiver so Campbell being the main guy is very impressive. Call him a gadget player or whatever you want the fact is the Packers have never had the overall skill set Campbell possesses on there offense. When you consider Aaron Rodgers and LaFleur with already having some other pieces Campbell could be a difference maker for this offense.

He is Ty Montgomery times ten and an immediate upgrade over regressed injury prone Cobb.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats not what he wants to run. He inherited personnel at Tennessee that catered to Power run game so he adjusted. The Packers simply don't have that type of personnel upfront so I wouldn't count on seeing it much. We will be staying with zone blocking scheme. Dillard fits that perfectly.

https://twotonedblue.wordpress.com/...-from-new-offensive-coordinator-matt-lafleur/

That article is definitely out dated, and a little misleading. That was SPECULATION on what he WOULD run as OC of the Titans, and they predicted pretty much a copycat of McVay. Fortunately, LeFleur is his own man and will have an offense of his own identity.

Keep in mind that LaFleur hired an OL coach that was not from Tennessee or LA but from San Francisco. Campen was plenty familiar with zone blocking from McCarthy, so why he couldn't stay on board most likely means a new(at least somewhat) blocking scheme altogether. What is true from that article is that his scheme will fit the players he has, and not the other way around(Looking at you Capers).

LeFleur incorporated zone blocking as well as power run based on the backs he had(Henry & Lewis). I could see him doing similar with Jones and Williams. Here are two articles that are to me a little more accurate:

What he actually did at Ten:

http://www.packtothefuture.com/articles/xs-and-os-matt-lafleurs-wee

Scouting Kyle Shanahan's offense when we played San Francisco this past October:

http://www.packtothefuture.com/articles/xs-and-os-scouting-kyle-shanahans-offense/

The only difference in the combination of zone and power was the fact Shanahan uses cutback and misdirection, which LeFleur didn't use at all at Tennessee. I'm guessing that's a wrinkle he will throw into his new offensive design in Green Bay.

So with that being said let's just call it a stalemate. Dillard is good at zone, a liability at power. I'd rather him be equal parts, but that's just me. I'm also preferable to power because I feel if you can dominate in the power run game, you'll rarely lose if at all in pass pro. But again I'd never pick him anyway because I'm biased against Pac-12 OL.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That article is definitely out dated, and a little misleading. That was SPECULATION on what he WOULD run as OC of the Titans, and they predicted pretty much a copycat of McVay. Fortunately, LeFleur is his own man and will have an offense of his own identity.

Keep in mind that LaFleur hired an OL coach that was not from Tennessee or LA but from San Francisco. Campen was plenty familiar with zone blocking from McCarthy, so why he couldn't stay on board most likely means a new(at least somewhat) blocking scheme altogether. What is true from that article is that his scheme will fit the players he has, and not the other way around(Looking at you Capers).

LeFleur incorporated zone blocking as well as power run based on the backs he had(Henry & Lewis). I could see him doing similar with Jones and Williams. Here are two articles that are to me a little more accurate:

What he actually did at Ten:

http://www.packtothefuture.com/articles/xs-and-os-matt-lafleurs-wee

Scouting Kyle Shanahan's offense when we played San Francisco this past October:

http://www.packtothefuture.com/articles/xs-and-os-scouting-kyle-shanahans-offense/

The only difference in the combination of zone and power was the fact Shanahan uses cutback and misdirection, which LeFleur didn't use at all at Tennessee. I'm guessing that's a wrinkle he will throw into his new offensive design in Green Bay.

So with that being said let's just call it a stalemate. Dillard is good at zone, a liability at power. I'd rather him be equal parts, but that's just me. I'm also preferable to power because I feel if you can dominate in the power run game, you'll rarely lose if at all in pass pro. But again I'd never pick him anyway because I'm biased against Pac-12 OL.

Believe what you want. The Packers have nowhere near the Titans personnel on offense as the Titans were built to play smash mouth before LaFleur even got there. We simply dont have Derrick Henry or a road grader OL like the titans do.

It would take the Packers way to long to re-build there whole offense in that manner which was a big reason why LaFleur was chosen for the job in Green Bay.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
When the Titans rushing game started rolling down the stretch, they were running a lot of zone.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
When the Titans rushing game started rolling down the stretch, they were running a lot of zone.

And when they did run it they ran it with better personnel then the Packers have upfront.

My main point is I expect the Packers to continue drafting the type of OL projects they always have. Athletic guys that there primary strength and development is pass pro.

I'm definitely not expecting for LeFleur to come in a run some Shottenhiemer Gap run scheme.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe what you want. The Packers have nowhere near the Titans personnel on offense as the Titans were built to play smash mouth before LaFleur even got there. We simply dont have Derrick Henry or a road grader OL like the titans do.

It would take the Packers way to long to re-build there whole offense in that manner which was a big reason why LaFleur was chosen for the job in Green Bay.

I think the more appropriate thing would be YOU believe what you want, the article says it pretty plain. There is tape to prove it.

Derrick Henry has horrible vision for a RB he is just a straight down hill runner, he is the classic Alabama RB that Saban loves. That's why LeFleur had a bit or power run thrown in. Dion Lewis was more attributed to the zone blocking as he knew how to operate within said system. LeFleur is going to adjust his scheme accordingly based on the players he has. You know who I think would benefit from that variation on our team? Jamaal Williams.

I never said they don't run it at all, LeFleur ran it for the most part. I'm saying don't ignore the small wrinkles and semblances of other concepts in his playbook. Some of his I Formations and Big sets are exactly for the power run game, and I'm personally excited that he might bring that to Green Bay.

And when they did run it they ran it with better personnel then the Packers have upfront.

My main point is I expect the Packers to continue drafting the type of OL projects they always have. Athletic guys that there primary strength and development is pass pro.

I'm definitely not expecting for LeFleur to come in a run some Shottenhiemer Gap run scheme.

The Titans have better personnel up front because they drafted better personnel up front. Jeff Fisher, Mike Mularkey, and Mike Vrabel all prioritized spending good picks on the OL. Take that up with Mr. Ted Thompson, not me. We can fix the OL in one offseason. My latest mock has us going 4 OL in the Draft at the expense of another position. Granted I expect Gute to go 2 & 2 from the Draft and Free Agency.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Took a lot of time pouring over Senior Bowl guys, seeing who I thought would rise and who I thought would fall accordingly. The hardest part was trying to figure out how far guys would fall who didn't play in the Senior Bowl but still considered top talent. That part based on my mock, could be the most helpful. I also streamlined some trades that I think could definitely be doable and maybe partial to Gute's thought process; granted we won't know for sure based on just one Draft. He may have players that I don't have on my board at all and vice versa, which I'm sure will probably be the case on Day 3. But who's to say? So without further ado....

F>R's 2019 Mock Senior Bowl Edition

TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades the 12th Overall Pick (N'Keal Harry) - 1200 pts
Minnesota trades the 18th and 50th Overall Picks - 1300 pts

I'd really prefer to trade with Cleveland, because they always take a DB at 12, and I really don't want to give a division rival the chance to get better. However, Minny offered this time around and Cleveland didn't. I expect it to be Cleveland who would actually make the deal on Draft Day though. Again this is a ballsy move, as any team could abandon their board and take White. But since I'm going up against an algorithim, I'm taking my chances as if he's not gone by 10th he's available until the 19th, where Tennessee takes him no matter what.

18th Overall - Devin White - LB/LSU: White takes over Martinez's role, and Martinez moves to the 2nd ILB spot. We are instantly a better, more violent defense.

TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades the 30th Overall Pick (Josh Jacobs) - 620 pts
Kansas City trades the 61st, 64th, 168th, and 203rd Overall Picks - 596.4 pts

With Jimmy getting resigned I'm abandoning Fant and Hockenson, we can find a TE next year. This trade combined with the previous gives us a total of FOUR selections in the 2nd Round, plus EIGHT Day 3 selections. Even considering Hockenson's potential, I don't consider him great enough to outshine the combined production of 4 2nd Round Picks. I've also continually advocated for us to leave Draft Day with 12-15 picks. I want to try to plug every single hole, even if that doesn't mean we have elite talent at one position, but really good talent at all positons. I hope Gute feels the same. LeFleur doesn't deserve to start off with a fractured offense, and Pettine should get some much needed holes filled as well. As my last trade of the day, we get a total of 14 selections, so mission accomplished.

44th Overall - Zach Allen - DE/Boston College:
I don't characterize Allen as a true "Edge" player, as he has to play with his hand down to be successful. That designation(or lack thereof) might cause his value to drop a little, or allow others to usurp him. Either way, I see 44th as great value for a player of his caliber. Wilkerson can walk, or maybe hang on(for a lesser price/vet minimum) as the intial starter or for a rotational role if Allen proves initially unready.

50th Overall - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - S/Florida: Nasir Adderly keeps going somewhere between Top 20 and bout 40th Overall, so CGS is my top safety on the board. He can play either safety position, including the slot. Some experts have already compared him to Micah Hyde, and I think he's even better. To me he's the starting FS Day 1.

61st Overall - Chris Lindstrom - OG/Boston College: I have been fickle on Lindstrom all year, he finally gave me reason to get excited about him at the Senior Bowl. I like him at RG as our Day 1 Starter.

64th Overall - Beau Benzschawel - OG/Wisconsin: Thanks to Kansas City the starting offensive line has a whole new look. Rodgers has the protection he requires and I think we can finally do some real sustained damage in the run game. "Benz" as a I like to call him starts at LG Day 1.

I REALLY wanted to trade back with Cleveland but they are fickle in the 3rd Round for trades, as that trade would have really set this entire Draft Class off. They always take an OL at 80th but every since I adjusted my board for Lindstrom and Benzschawel they no longer seem interested. Baltimore is a willing partner to trade up, but they have 2 of the last 5 picks or so of the entire 3rd Round. It's too risky to take a chance a guy will practically still be there until Day 3.

75th Overall - Jaylon Ferguson - Edge/Louisiana Tech: The NCAA Career Sack Leader has received all types of grades: back end of the 1st Round, solid 2nd Round, 1st-3rd Round, and most "safely" say Top 75 or Top 100. I say Top 75, and I'm taking him right there. Gute can comfortably trade Perry(pipe dream) or just cut him altogether and take the cap hit; either way is in the best interests of the team. This entirely remakes our front seven with players on the edge from a 2-point and 3-point stance, along with a new field general in the middle. Pettine would be crying tears of joy.

114th Overall - Bobby Evans - OT/Oklahoma:
I had to let go of getting David Edwards, I believe Gute will hold on to Bulaga so a possibly starter isn't needed so soon, plus he was costing me the part of the back end of my Day 2 and Day 3 guys. Evans however I do beleive can push for playing time early, and should be a decent guy to plug in should Bulaga or Bakhtiari go down. Once Bulaga's contract expires, he can walk or hang on for pennies on the dollar depending on Evans' development. I'm serious about improving the OL, and I hope Gute is too.

118th Overall - Darnell Savage Jr. - S/Maryland:
With Adderly's continual rise up the draft boards I had to find another "gem" in this year's safety class. Well I found him (Stay undiscovered in the shadows you!) Savage has the tools to play deep middle, deep half, man to man, box safety, nickel, and he can blitz and lay the wood. I would project him as the SS next to CGS as he occasionally made some bad decisions in single high but that's coachable. Josh Jones look out.

151st Overall - Khalen Saunders - DT/Western Illinois:
I want Daylon Mack for the fact that he played at Texas A&M against premier offensive lines in the SEC but he typically goes about 20 picks ahead and I needed Savage Jr.; but Saunders is a great consolation prize. He showed he can play up to competition at the Senior Bowl. I think he'll still fly under the radar and guys won't look his way til the 6th or 7th Round. I'll make a splash and take him right here.

168th Overall - Keelan Doss - WR/UC Davis: After I watched some tape other than his Senior Bowl performance, he could be another gem. Played at the FCS level, but so did Cooper Kupp. Amassed over 4,000 yards receiving and 20 TDs at UC Davis with some good tape against FBS schools too. He fits Gute's WR mold physically, has sneaky speed, and has lined up at every receiving slot and run a very diverse route tree as well. Crazy ball skills when it's in the air and up for grabs. If Cobb or Allison somehow aren't here next year, I love him to step up. Even if they are there I'd love him to step up. J'mon Moore is on the outside looking in.

187th Overall - Jamal Peters - CB/Mississippi State:
I'm continually mocking Peters here as he hasn't garnered any significant rise but I have perused multiple boards and seen he's come off a earlier than the 7th Round, but rarely in the 5th. I'll keep him right here until otherwise. He's my answer to the developing Breeland/King situation.

195th Overall - Chuma Edoga - OT/USC:
Before anyone calls me a hypocrite I'm still biased against Pac-12 offensive linemen, but in the bottom of the 6th I'll take a flyer. Isaiah Prince was there but I haven't quite figured out if I truly like him yet, however I saw Edoga at the Senior Bowl and he did well. Plus again I believe Bulaga stays another year and with Bobby Evans already in the bag there's no rush to put him on the field. This selection brings us to 2 OTs and 2 OGs, because I am tired of seeing the trash we have to go through in the preseason and then resigned to have to deal with such when a starter goes down. Gute can sort it out from here who stays from the existing roster.

203rd Overall - Bryce Love - RB/Stanford:
Love has gotten a little more love in some big boards but most still seem to want to pass on him, I'm perfectly fine with him staying right down here where I can pick him. Still loving the risk/reward factor.

228th Overall - Jordan Scarlett - RB/Florida:
Scarlett continues to be a part of my 1-2 punch to address the 3rd RB spot on the depth chart. I'd like to possibly get a better player here between both Love and Scarlett, but they just don't fall like I want to. Until I can get something better I'll mock the two right here.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Even though its defensive top heavy I like the players taken early.

Unfortunately waiting until pick 168 to try to add a playmaker on offense would be a sin.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just about to post today and then the Flacco trade happens. Mannn. I'm still watching Simmons tape anyway because I never thought I'd see him in the 3rd Round but now I'm envisioning it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always interesting to keep an eye on mock drafts and the up and down nature of them, especially considering most of these guys are done playing college football. The combine probably having the biggest and final effect on them. Barring of course an off the field incident or social media throwing a wrench into everything.

:sneaky::sneaky: ;);) :whistling::whistling: :tup::tup:`

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on what Gute has done in FA, I think we're pretty much done. The only thing now is how many holes we'll inherit from departures. My latest mock "Post FA" (I believe). I didn't put a TON of work into this one as maybe Gute surprises us. But I did my due diligence I some of the deeper prospects post combine.

F>R's 2019 Mock Post Free Agency Edition

TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades the 12th Overall Pick (Jonah Williams) - 1200 pts
New York Giants trades the 17th, 95th, and 132nd Overall Picks - 1110 pts

Everybody was gone; White, Hockenson, Metcalf, Oliver....I don't deny Williams talent but I'm just not big on him Top 15. Top 20 yes, but as is I'm willing to pass. Despite the connection with Dorsey for 17th gone, the Giants are still willing trade partners as they've been struggling to find a starting OT since Ereck Flowers didn't pan out. Eli gets additional protection and Saquon gets better holes to hit.

TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades the 17th Overall Pick (Montez Sweat) - 950 pts
Pittsburgh trades the 20th & 141st Overall Picks - 885.5 pts

Had this been the real deal I'd probably have a section of the fan base calling for my head and some praising me for my genius. I have my choice of Sweat or Burns. Who do you take? The Ferarri or the Lamborghini? I let somebody else decide for me. For my indecsion I got an extra pick, which at the end of my mock, I really didn't need. But hey, we are trying to rebuild the team right?
20th Overall - Brian Burns - EDGE/Florida State: It's crazy I spurned the prospect that I initially heralded as the guy I wanted from Preseason for the guy I said I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. I secretly believed I could have Burns all along with the trade with the Steelers. What does it for me is the fact Burns put on that extra weight before the Combine and STILL tested great. It makes me wonder what he could do with another 10lbs of muscle. He lined up all over the place which adds flexibility to Pettine's scheme. I envision Burns-Z. Smith- Martinez-P. Smith as our starting lineup Day 1.

TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades the 30th Overall Pick (Jerry Tillery) - 620 pts
Jacksonville trades the 38th and 98th Overall Picks - 628 pts

Alot of guys are excited about the 2nd pick in the 1st Round but all the guys I want are gone. Ferrell, Wilkins, Jacobs, and Taylor. I could have grabbed Dexter Lawrence here and probably should've but I gambled on the CFB playoff supension and him only doing limited drills at the Combine still hurting his stock. I lost this one.

38th Overall - Nasir Adderley - S/Delaware: He's the top safety in the class and the great nephew of Packers great and NFL HOF Herb Adderley. How can you not love this pick? He slots in as our starting FS next to Amos, allowing Tramon Williams to return to CB or provide depth at FS.

TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades the 44th Overall Pick (Chase Winowich) - 460 pts
Kansas City trades the 61st and 63rd Overall Picks - 568 pts

I get this trade 75% of the time roughly. With KC losing Ford and Houston, and the edge class wearing super thin, it's not entirely crazy to see them move up. My board doesn't peak til mid 2nd Round after losing out on Lawrence so I'm taking this every time.

61st Overall - Zach Allen - DE/Boston College: Crazy he had a 1st Round stamp a couple months back...which I don't blame so much on him than I do late risers within the class. Maybe Wilkerson and Daniels are here in 2020, maybe they're not. We need to get some younger insurance just in case.

63rd Overall - Chris Lindstrom - G/Boston College: I'm personally not satsified with Lane Taylor entering 2019 as a starting Guard. I'd like Lindstrom and newly acquired Turner taking the reigns for the postion group with Taylor and McCray as competent backups. If Taylor wants to start, let him show and prove this summer.

75th Overall - Darnell Savage Jr - CB/Maryland: Watched more tape on this guy, and I like him even more to take him 3rd Round. He lined up at both safety positons, in the slot, AND he plays special teams! Parris Cambell couldn't shake him on a couple routes when the Terps played Ohio State so he has the wheels(4.36 at the Combine) to cover speedsters. He brings the wood in run support, he has plus cover skills for a safety, and if he picks the ball off he has the moves and vision to take it to the house. I like him, no I LOVE him as a nickel and replacement to the dearly departed Breeland.

95th Overall - Alize Mack - TE/Notre Dame: With how relatively horrible this TE class tested at the Combine(my opinion), Mack's stock is on the rise. He ran 4.7 at the Combine, and I'm anticipating him breaking into the 4.65-4.69 range at Notre Dame's Pro Day on the 20th. Possesses average blocking to go with his plus ball skills and vertical ability. He's not the rare athlete Jimmy was in his heyday, but he's a future starting TE in the league.

98th Overall - Tytus Howard - OT/Alabama State: A former QB and basketball player, he has the athleticism to excel in LeFleur's outside zone scheme. He needs to put on some additional strength, but his technique is up to par to match up with NFL edge rushers. With a full NFL offseason, he may be ready to supplant Bulaga in year two.

114th Overall - Khalen Saunders - DT/Western Illinois: I like his measureables but he does need improvement on his technique as well as his conditioning, which I believe he was able to get away with at the FCS level. An NFL offeason I believe can change that and turn him into a valued rotational piece or starter.

118th Overall - Max Scharping - OT/Northern Illinois: He is an athletic OL who has played RT, RG, and LT; that's amazing depth from jump. They ran outside zone, RPO, and inside power schemes at NIU so he is already familiar with what LeFleur wants to do. He's another hometown kid, played his HS ball right here in Green Bay, so playing here is a lifelong dream for him.

132nd Overall - Justice Hill - RB/Oklahoma State: He was the fastest back at the Combine at 4.40. If he can put on 10lbs of muscle, he can probably hold up for a entire season as a feature back. Either way I like him as a rotational guy from the start who can get to the edge and take off for home runs.

141st Overall - Keelan Doss - WR/UC-Davis: I was disappointed he didn't run at the Combine as there are some questions surrounding how fast he really is, but he did impress at the Senior Bowl. Speed isn't everything though, as he has the polish in his route running and the ability to come back to the ball when the play breaks down, something AR extremely missed in 2018. He's a big slot who also has experience at outside. I like him as a chess piece that LeFleur can move around as he likes to create mismatches.

150th Overall - Bryce Love - RB/Stanford: Was interviewed by Green Bay at the Combine so I believe there is some genuine weight to this being an investment that pays off later than sooner. I'm satsified for him to remain on PUP until he is fully ready to see the field.

185th Overall - Jamal Peters - DB/Mississippi State: After watching more tape on Peters, he's more zone than press/man, but his measureables are still intriguing and he is a willing tackler. I'm hoping he runs better than the 4.67 he did at the Combine, but typically larger CBs(Peters is a hair under 6'3) aren't as fast anyway. He could be an interesting safety conversion, or a good boundary depth signing as he continually lined up on the outside against good competition in the SEC.

194th Overall - Chuma Edoga - OT/USC: Edoga is listed as a tackle but based on his height I like him as a Guard conversion project, he still has athleticism to play in the outside zone. With only one OL nabbed through FA, Edoga is the last missing piece to add quality depth to rebuild the offensive line.

226th Overall - Albert Huggins - DT/Clemson: WHO? The guy who replaced Dexter Lawrence in the CFB Playoff, that's who. He tested very similar to Lawrence at the Combine(Lawrence only did the 40 and Bench.) Trying to find playing time on Clemson's DL is no easy task given the roster the last 2-3 years for sure. Is Huggins a diamond in the rough? As a 7th Round Pick, I'm willing to take the risk.

Until Next Time....

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Availability. Adderly may be about right too. But lindstrom and Allen go 30 - 40ish. Hill I really Iike and think he is early mid 3rd.

Scharping and Howard are maybe late 2nd. I would be very happy with either.

But you never know. Players available at our pick shock me every year.

What I like about your mock is the trade back into the sweet spot. They say the best draft value is the 2nd round. And that there are 32 players deemed first round quality. So I think trading back from pick 30 is a wise strategy.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Availability. Adderly may be about right too. But lindstrom and Allen go 30 - 40ish. Hill I really Iike and think he is early mid 3rd.

What I like about your mock is the trade back into the sweet spot. They say the best draft value is the 2nd round. And that there are 32 players deemed first round quality. So I think trading back from pick 30 is a wise strategy.

To add to what you're saying-- we all know there will be unexpected fallers. We just don't know who they will be (hence-- unexpected). So if a mock has one or two optimistic picks, that's fine (as long as it's not absurd). But when all or most are optimistic picks, I tend to tune out.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Turning 10 picks into 15 is ambitious for sure. I would be happy with 11-12 draft picks.

2 weeks ago, all I could think about was what EDGE player would be available at #12, now I would much rather see the Packers take Devin White or Ed Oliver if one is available. If not trade back to #15 with Washington (they want Drew Lock) and take Hochenson or the best OL available. I think ILB's Mack Wilson or Devin Bush will be available at #30 and one of them should be taken if Devin White isn't available at #12.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To add to what you're saying-- we all know there will be unexpected fallers. We just don't know who they will be (hence-- unexpected). So if a mock has one or two optimistic picks, that's fine (as long as it's not absurd). But when all or most are optimistic picks, I tend to tune out.

I respect both opinions. Scharping and Howard I both see as Top 100 players, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to proclaim them solid 2nd Rounders. 3rd to 4th makes sense to me as they are smaller school projects and as I mentioned with Howard you have concerns of strength/competition and with Scharping playing at a lesser FBS school.

I definitely can see Allen/Lindstrom going in the 2nd but it just all depends on how the dice fall. This OL class in general is sneaky good without a lot of fanfare...I'm running a second simulator and I still can't make sense of how they come off the board.

I'd say my most optimistic picks are Scharping, Edoga, and Savage Jr.

Probably my MOST optimistic thing is continually trading back. But then Gute surprised me and spent the price of an F-22 Raptor in Free Agency. Maybe he's far more aggressive than I could have ever hoped for.

Once Pro Days conclude at the end of this month I'll have final grades on everyone on my board and adjust from there.

Members online

Latest posts