"We feel pretty good about our roster as a whole." Ted Thompson Addresses Reporters Before the Draft

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's always a way for a GM to say what Thompson said but include a "but" that will at least give an indication of a serious need. "We feel pretty good about our roster but at the same time we really need to have a great draft," blah blah blah. Still saying nothing essentially, but actually saying a little more.

D

Deleted member 6794

In fairness to Randall, I do believe that a lot of that is schematically driven, which is why I cannot understand for the life of me how Capers continues to be employed by the Packers.

Our secondary, and really defense as a whole, got royally whipped in the NFCCG, but I thought it was a laughable game plan by one Dom Capers.

I seriously doubt Capers told Randall to not cover receivers at all.

The season doesn't start tomorrow. Let's see who we get in the draft and if any other FA's appear after teams cut more guys. I'm more concerned with getting a better pass rush consistently.

You keep posting that yet I'm still waiting for you to provide at least a single significant impact player Thompson has signed after the draft.

We don't have a ton of holes imo.

While that is true the Packers have a large hole at cornerback and need depth at outside linebacker though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt Capers told Randall to not cover receivers at all.

You keep posting that yet I'm still waiting for you to provide at least a single significant impact player Thompson has signed after the draft.

While that is true the Packers have a large hole at cornerback and need depth at outside linebacker though.
Well, he may find some one he likes, and he may not. Time will tell us how everyone inside 1265 Lombardi feels about the roster and whether they are saving that cap space to possibly extend expiring contracts or give Rodgers a bump in pay. Just off the top of my head, I think Thompson traded for Ryan Grant just prior to the season starting and he knows he's going to have 4 additional 2018 draft picks so I think there is still a possibility. Also, we have less guys signed right now than just about any other team which leads me to believe there will be other outsiders coming yet in camp.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just off the top of my head, I think Thompson traded for Ryan Grant just prior to the season starting and he knows he's going to have 4 additional 2018 draft picks so I think there is still a possibility.

You're right about Grant but it is way easier to have an impact as a running back not knowing the system than at most other positions, especially the ones the Packers should be looking for.

I don't understand currently being excited about possibly having four compensatory picks in 2018 as that won't be of any help to win the Super Bowl this season. I don't care about that for another year.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don`t think it`s a crime to have faith in what your team may do. That`s why we support them. JMHO

I

I'm sorry but I don't have any faith in Thompson anymore to build a roster capable of winning another Super Bowl.

You don`t have to apologise, if I`m honest I don`t either, but some fans still do is all I`m saying. And more importantly is so do the Packers so until they change their opinion we`re stuck with him.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't have any faith in Thompson anymore to build a roster capable of winning another Super Bowl.

I don't have faith in the current combination of FO and Coaching. Could TT build a super bowl team, not with Capers running defense.

n4t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don`t have to apologise, if I`m honest I don`t either, but some fans still do is all I`m saying. QUOTE]

Thank you for understanding that we don't need an Internet Hero to rescue us from our cautious optimism.

Some of just have a different perspective than others.

I

Thank you for understanding that we don't need an Internet Hero to rescue us from our cautious optimism.

Some of just have a different perspective than others.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

H

HardRightEdge

As regards the title of this thread, he says this every year, and every year there's at least one position group that is Thompson's undoing. It's like a game of musical chairs with one more chair than players.

This of course does not address the collective problem of defensive collapses; for that blame goes to Capers.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some fans would prefer something along the lines of "dear God we're a train wreck at corner, attention all teams in need of cornerbacks you're going to want to trade ahead of us in the draft because we are definitely taking a cornerback."

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some fans would prefer something along the lines of "dear God we're a train wreck at corner, attention all teams in need of cornerbacks you're going to want to trade ahead of us in the draft because we are definitely taking a cornerback."

That'd be fun, wouldn't it?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
[TWEET][/TWEET]
You're right about Grant but it is way easier to have an impact as a running back not knowing the system than at most other positions, especially the ones the Packers should be looking for.

I don't understand currently being excited about possibly having four compensatory picks in 2018 as that won't be of any help to win the Super Bowl this season. I don't care about that for another year.
i think Grant came to Green Bay for a future late round pick. It may require trading a 18 pick to get a player if they think there are still holes that need to be filled after the draft.

D

Deleted member 6794

[TWEET][/TWEET]

i think Grant came to Green Bay for a future late round pick. It may require trading a 18 pick to get a player if they think there are still holes that need to be filled after the draft.

You're right about it as the Packers traded a 2008 sixth round pick to the Giants to acquire Grant shortly before the start of the 2007 season.

I

Roll up, roll up, get your burning torches and pitchforks here.........get em while you can !!!

Reaction score
So there you have straight from the dreamers mouth...Apparently the G on the helmet stands for GOOD ENOUGH!! Maybe they could have alternate uniform with an A on the side for Average or P for participating or Packer Peckerheads...not on board with any of this overblown trash of a team...wake me when his tenure is over!!
Or just stick with the G and it could stand for "G What the heck are we doing here a Wally"

Latest posts