F>R Mock Draft Thread 2019

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have yet to see Gary or Ferrell go outside the Top 8-10 since maybe October.

Jones and Lock will be on full display this Saturday at the Senior Bowl. If either impress, you've got 4 QBs with Top 10-15 status. Right now we're only guessing Murray and Haskins, but if they show out that trade back to 17 becomes less of a ballsy play and more of a smart one. Imagine a trade with Washington where we could fleece maybe their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Lock or Jones? That's a ton of value to rebuild with; and I want the stink of Ted Thompson eliminated this offseason.

I've watched nothing on Sternberger and Rapp to me is 3rd Round. But to each his own.

Riding Brailford from the East-West Shrine Game? I'm not mad at you in the 7th. But if he tests well you're talking 4th or 5th Round Grade.
It definitely is unlikely that either Gary or Ferrell will slip out of the top 10, but like you mentioned yourself, if a QB run is instigated or the teams picking ahead of us end up need picking and not BPA, it surely is a possibility. I agree with you that we have plenty of needs so a trade back would be a tempting option imo, but only if none of the 5 guys I mentioned fall in our lap.

Tbh, I have not seen anything of Brailford, he was just the highest graded player left on the board of the simulator and he fitted a need :D

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK did the Fanspeak difficult setting today, I think its my most realistic draft to this point. My leanings this year is OL early and guys that play with high motor. kinda wanted some OL by pick 44. but i love Hockenson there...fire away!
12 D. White LB LSU
30 M. Sweat Edge Miss St.
44 TJ. Hockenson TE Iowa
75 B. Benzschawel Guard Wisc.
114 Martez Ivey OT Florida
118 Devin Studstill Safety N. Dame
Boy there a long way to go between the 44 pick and 75, be nice to jump into 50 to 60 spot someway.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK did the Fanspeak difficult setting today, I think its my most realistic draft to this point. My leanings this year is OL early and guys that play with high motor. kinda wanted some OL by pick 44. but i love Hockenson there...fire away!
12 D. White LB LSU
44 TJ. Hockenson TE Iowa
Boy there a long way to go between the 44 pick and 75, be nice to jump into 50 to 60 spot someway.
I like this mock a lot. Id would've only liked to see a weapon picked at 114

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I was hoping for maybe RB like the Alabama kid or P. Campbell, I just seem to have go OL. OL without depth gets ugly in a hurry. How much playing time would Hockenson get with Graham around. Its almost a must to get starters out of first 3 picks. Its fun to play around with it. Gute going to have some GOOD tough choices to make with the first 3 picks.

Reaction score
12 D. White LB LSU
44 TJ. Hockenson TE Iowa
If we don’t get a the precise player we want at #12. It would take one team eager to trade up from the middle of round 1 for us to gain substantial 2nd day collateral.
1 mock I had picks:
#17#30
#75#80#91 (plus comp pick #96)

With one major move back to #17, we could consolidate and move into position to have our usual 7 picks but ALL before day 3 even started. This is a great way to make it count.

Why there would still be that wait to #75. We’d would have 4 picks between 75-96... This is where you get your Randall Cobb, Morgan Burnett, Kyler Fackrell, Ty Montgomery, Corey Linsley types (but on the cheap) Combine that with resigning several of our own FA and adding 2 stellar veteran FA signings from around the league who can start day 1 (Safety, WR) and you get a heavy dose of talent coming aboard.

Last edited:

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we don’t get a the precise player we want at #12. It would take one team eager to trade up from the middle of round 1 for us to gain substantial 2nd day collateral.
1 mock I had picks:
#17#30
#75#80 Comp pick #96 #97

With one major move back to #17, we could consolidate and move into position to have our usual 7 picks but ALL before day 3 even started. This is a great way to make it count.

Why there would still be that wait to #75. We’d would have 4 picks between 75-100. Combine that with resigning several of our own FA and adding 2 stellar veteran FA signings from around the league who can start day 1 (Safety, WR) and you get a heavy dose of talent coming aboard.
Wonder what the math is if you trade back to 17ish....and one of the 4th round picks thrown in. Would it get you between 50-60 spot. some nice talent there.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can be really hard to trade back depending on what players are available. I'm trying to key in in who the teams are targeting but it's been tough. Like that Cleveland trade from my last mock wasn't available the last time I run it. But I'm just going to wait because in Senior Bowl notes Lock is blowing the top off the place two days in. I have yet to see him go in Round 1 in my mocks but he might be pushing his way in now. Will Grier is making headway as well but he's playing hurt with a bum ankle. Can't throw on the run.

Reaction score
Wonder what the math is if you trade back to 17ish....and one of the 4th round picks thrown in. Would it get you between 50-60 spot. some nice talent there.
If we traded back to #17ish and packaged our 4th rounder we’d be very much in the neighborhood of #50 overall IMO. Based on the draft calculators +- within 50 points and we’re obviously not going to take that trade unless WE come out ahead. So yes there’s lots of angles we could take.

That’s also a crafty idea because top #50 would put us in position to get 2 impact players at roughly #44 and #50ish overall (there’s that WR for Brandon that sneaks out of the first round). We also have five remaining 3rd day picks which would allow us to easily move back into the end of the 4th round if necessary.

#17, #30,#44,#49,#75,#108, #139, #171, #180, #202

Last edited:

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer to sit at 12 and hope for D. White or Ferrell, but something tells me Gute going to move. The Redskins sit at 15....and maybe want to jump Miami for QB. That could really workout, or something close to that.
If we traded back to #17ish and packaged our 4th rounder we’d be very much in the neighborhood of #50 overall IMO. Based on the draft calculators +- within 50 points and we’re obviously not going to take that trade unless WE come out ahead. So yes there’s lots of angles we could take.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly shocker, we are less than 48 hours from the Senior Bowl starting so after that let's see how far Lock, Jones, and Grier climb. But I definitely see Dolphins and Skins trying to move up. The algorithms in the simulator however make them stingy, lol.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly shocker, we are less than 48 hours from the Senior Bowl starting so after that let's see how far Lock, Jones, and Grier climb. But I definitely see Dolphins and Skins trying to move up. The algorithms in the simulator however make them stingy, lol.
Yes, take Redskins 47 pick and give them back the dix fourth rounder. The other bad news is M. Sweet is tearing it up at Senior bowl.. my dream was D. White and then Sweet at 30. Sweet going to go before that now. my Drum beat is White Sweet and Hockenson then OL OL OL OL OL OL OL then a new guy to start painting the endzone again.

Reaction score
I would prefer to sit at 12 and hope for D. White or Ferrell, but something tells me Gute going to move. The Redskins sit at 15....and maybe want to jump Miami for QB. That could really workout, or something close to that.
Yes. IMO at most positions you get an automatic starter no matter #12,#15, #17 etc.. picking up a third day 2 pick gives us significant day 2 capital. Something we havnt even talked about (that I’ve seen anyway) is using that trade back to move back into day 1. Package a #49 and #75 (and maybe a 3rd day pick if needed) and go 3 first day picks without losing #44.
With that said, I’m ok with pick #12. I just think we should keep our options open and be prepared to be aggressive again. It could make things real interesting starting the draft... #17, #30, #32, #44 and still having 5-6 third day selections. That gives us the ability to walk away from one of our own that saves us substantial cap. It also gives us the luxury of truly going after BAP without losing our ability to focus on positional needs.
PS. That Hockenson kid looks exciting. I like the fact he’s well rounded as an in-line TE. He could be our answer to the Mercedes project.

Last edited:

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Hockenson has to be on LaFleur's radar....for his blocking,the run game is going featured much more, we shall see. I hope to 3 to 4 rookies from this class starting day one...that would be a win for Gute.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the Senior Bowl has finished I'm adjusting my board accordingly. Not sure what FO is thinking but we may have to pass on Hockenson and Fant for the sake of rounding out the roster. Maybe Gute isn't thinking about them at all with so much allocated towards Jimmy already unless they fall deep into the 2nd/3rd Round. The 12, 30th, and the 44th Overall Picks are all we really have to garner 2-6 extra picks without digging into 2020's pick bin(not entirely opposed but strongly against it) as that's a Draft that will I think be used to primarily address any loose ends offensively.

But so far on my personal Big Board these guys are essentially "wish list" save some inexplicable tumble. In parentheses I've added my "Great Value Brand" substitute who should be available later:

Josh Allen (Jaylon Ferguson)
Montez Sweat (Jaylon Ferguson)
D.K. Metcalf (Anthony Johnson/Terry McLaurin)
N'Keal Harry (Anthony Johnson/Terry McLaurin)
TJ Hockenson (Alize Mack)
Nassir Adderly (Saquan Hampton)
Noah Fant (Alize Mack)
Irv Smith Jr (Alize Mack)
Michael Jackson (Jamal Peters/Blace Brown)
Johnathan Abram (Chauncey Gardner-Johnson)
Anthony Nelson (Charles Omenihu)

Feel free to lend me your thoughts.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's crazy how a guy was crowned our next pick early last year to now not wanting the guy. I've been mocking several times a day every few days but occasionally he'll slide to 30. But I don't see that as realistic. He goes Top 10 more than almost sliding out of the 1st. He put more weight on his frame and he near dominated in 1v1s. Dalton Risnor and Chris Lindstrom stalemated him in the game though.

But I do understand he's not really suited to our scheme. Had TT still been in charge he'd still Draft him and make him Datone Jones 2.0. That's what I hate about this odd set. We limit ourselves to just 2/3rds of the available talent on Draft Day.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I'm finalizing my mock post Senior Bowl, and I'm trying to streamline my trades. I've been playing with the algorithm and I'm getting a few trades that come up somewhat often; as well as those who I propose on my own that seem to be guarantees. However, there are some that pop up at almost the same clip, that I'm not too big on.

For instance:

Green Bay trades the 30th and 44th Overall Picks - 1080 pts
Oakland trades the 24th Overall Pick - 740 pts

I really hope Gute doesn't take this, but I could see it if he's targeting an offensive player such as Hockenson, Fant, Harry, or Metcalf. I love premium talent, but we need to fill multiple positions all over the roster. I want ALL holes plugged in some way. To lose a draft pick, especially early, is just too much too soon.

Green Bay trades the 12th Overall Pick - 1200 pts
Seattle trades the 21st, 84th, 117th, and 149th Overall Picks - 1068.8 pts

To me this is the "Nuclear Option" if Gute can't get to Devin White. Not sure who he would go for thereafter, maybe one of the WRs or TEs mentioned above. However on the back end we now have 13 picks, so it plays right into plug every hole; yet still too rich for my blood. Let's just hope this doesn't happen.

Green Bay trades the 12 Overall Pick - 1200 pts
Tennessee trades the 19th and 51st Overall Picks - 1265 pts

OR

Green Bay trades the 12th Overall Pick - 1200 pts
Pittsburgh trades the 20th and 52nd Overall Picks - 1230 pts

A more friendly "Nuclear Option #2", this allows us to grab hopefully some excellent value in Round 1. Nasir Adderly is slowly pushing into the Top 20, so I would like him here plus an offensive talent or perhaps Michael Deiter at 30th. I would not trade with Tennessee however, as I'm almost sure their board is near identical to ours. Pittsburgh however may be looking at a QB for the future or a DB.

Let me know your thoughts.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12 D. White LB LSU
44 TJ. Hockenson TE Iowa
Latest update used fanspeak difficult... I like this a little better...strong OL
12 D. white ilb LSU
30 Jaylon Ferguson Edge L. Tech
44 A. Dillard OT Wash St
75 D. Risner C G OT Kansas St
114 Benny Snell RB Kentucky tough runner * Hockeson was here...but not in real world..so i passed
118 Kaden Smith TE Stanford

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm biased against Pac-12 OL...I just am. When it comes to OL, I want either SEC or Big Ten. Behind them Notre Dame, Texas, and Oklahoma, but I'll take flyers on the ACC occasionally or look for smaller school prospects.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Nobody discriminates the Pac 12 more then me but I watched Dillard almost every game and as far as pass pro he is the real deal and a master technician. My issue with him is power in the run game but LaFleur is gonna run a zone blocking scheme which I believe he would fit well.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody discriminates the Pac 12 more then me but I watched Dillard almost every game and as far as pass pro he is the real deal and a master technician. My issue with him is power in the run game but LaFleur is gonna run a zone blocking scheme which I believe he would fit well.

How would you feel about a WR labeled as a deep threat that went for 15/93 (6.2 yards per catch) against Pac-12 teams this year?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
How would you feel about a WR labeled as a deep threat that went for 15/93 (6.2 yards per catch) against Pac-12 teams this year?

I feel amazing about one that went 6/192 32.0 ypc and two TD's against top 5 ranked Michigan.

"Big Game P"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LaFleur does use a zone blocking scheme out of formations like Pistol and Split Back sets, but he also does like to run dive, power, and off tackle out of the I and double tight sets. That's going to be big on big. If Dillard has issues with strength/power as you illustrated(and I agree on), he is not the guy I want.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
LaFleur does use a zone blocking scheme out of formations like Pistol and Split Back sets, but he also does like to run dive, power, and off tackle out of the I and double tight sets. That's going to be big on big. If Dillard has issues with strength/power as you illustrated(and I agree on), he is not the guy I want.

Thats not what he wants to run. He inherited personnel at Tennessee that catered to Power run game so he adjusted. The Packers simply don't have that type of personnel upfront so I wouldn't count on seeing it much. We will be staying with zone blocking scheme. Dillard fits that perfectly.

https://twotonedblue.wordpress.com/...-from-new-offensive-coordinator-matt-lafleur/

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel amazing about one that went 6/192 32.0 ypc and two TD's against top 5 ranked Michigan.

"Big Game P"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Now here's the fun part.

Look at his entires season worth of stats.

Which game was more of the outlier? Michigan or the Pac-12 games?

Oh and btw, Washington had more NFL talent in their secondary than Michigan did. Just sayin.

And fwiw, 78 of those yards against Michigan came on what I would consider a run. I don't know why stat makers say that little toss from a QB is a pass, but it really isn't.

That's not to say it isn't impressive. Campbell is an elite athlete. But he's not a very good WR, and he's not a deep threat. He's a gadget player. A poor man's Percy Harvin would be an apt comparison imo.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts