F>R Mock Draft Thread 2019

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I have mocked Ferguson to us several times, but never in the 1st Round. I don't believe I've seen even any expert mocks with him that early. But I do have him as an answer to replacing Nick Perry as he seems to do just about nothing on the field. That much we can agree about.

But I only mock him when I have drafted White and not Allen. Allen takes Perry's spot and Clay remains outside as I have Bush/Hodge going inside depending on who's available.

Yes, Ferguson makes much more sense with White being the first pick. Ferguson probably won't be the best player available at 32 but I think the Packers would have to select him there as it's a crap shoot that he makes it to our 2nd round pick. I've actually seen Ferguson mocked to the Lions one pick ahead of us in second round.

With that said the Packers can navigate the board trading back or up to get the players they want as they have the capital to do it.

If we could navigate and get White, P. Campbell, Ferguson and either Lindstrom or Benz I would be a very happy camper.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm fine with Jimmy, Tonyan, and Kendricks for now.

It's not a given Kendricks will be back with the Packers next season as he's headed towards free agency.

Trade 5th, 2-6ths, 7th round picks for a 4th rounder. Possible pick 10 or higher in the 4th. That gives us 7 picks in 4 rounds. Should get several starters and good back-ups.

I prefer to have more selections on the third day of the draft as there's absolutely no guarantee a fourth rounder will ever have an impact.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not to be a wet blanket on the proceedings, because they are interesting, but everything can change before draft day arrives. Changes based on what the Packers do with current players being potentially resigned/cut, what Gute does in Free Agency and trades are also another possibility. :)

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're spot on Poker, this Mock will change at least 5 more times before Draft Day.

Like Miller just gave Ferguson a 2nd Round Grade(on what basis I'm not sure), Bush a 2nd Round Grade, Evans a 4th Round Grade, and Sills dropped to a 4th Round Grade. CGS and Benz held serve, PB is now listed as a Center, and both Allen and White moved squarely inside the Top 10 at 3 and 6 respectively. Walker and Scarlett dropped completely off his board.

I'm not sure if they are already preparing for the Senior Bowl down in Mobile so maybe that's the basis for such.

I was already prepping my next mock in what I call an "Alternate Parallel Universe" where Gute trades the 32nd pick and the 2020 1st Round Pick to move up to 8th Overall where we select Allen at 8th, and White at 12th. Essentially doing what the Saints did last year to transform their defense overnight but with the updated rankings that's all but impossible.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're spot on Poker, this Mock will change at least 5 more times before Draft Day.

Like Miller just gave Ferguson a 2nd Round Grade(on what basis I'm not sure), Bush a 2nd Round Grade, Evans a 4th Round Grade, and Sills dropped to a 4th Round Grade. CGS and Benz held serve, PB is now listed as a Center, and both Allen and White moved squarely inside the Top 10 at 3 and 6 respectively. Walker and Scarlett dropped completely off his board.

I'm not sure if they are already preparing for the Senior Bowl down in Mobile so maybe that's the basis for such.

I was already prepping my next mock in what I call an "Alternate Parallel Universe" where Gute trades the 32nd pick and the 2020 1st Round Pick to move up to 8th Overall where we select Allen at 8th, and White at 12th. Essentially doing what the Saints did last year to transform their defense overnight but with the updated rankings that's all but impossible.

Allen and white would be a nice haul and it's definitely possible. But yeah I think Allen is gone by 8 and for sure by 12. White on the other hand could be there at 12 it seems. And white at 12 along with say Zach Allen, Deonte Thompson, or Dalton Risner at 32 is also a pretty good first day of the draft

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Always interesting to keep an eye on mock drafts and the up and down nature of them, especially considering most of these guys are done playing college football. The combine probably having the biggest and final effect on them. Barring of course an off the field incident or social media throwing a wrench into everything.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Like Miller just gave Ferguson a 2nd Round Grade(on what basis I'm not sure), Bush a 2nd Round Grade,.

Maybe he read my post yesterday. :whistling:

I told you he was gonna shoot up boards and why wouldn't he? He is 6'5 260 with 17.5 sacks and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. What makes him unique is his size and his ability to both rush the passer and set the edge. Heck, you could even slide him down to rush the passer from the interior on sub packages.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allen and white would be a nice haul and it's definitely possible. But yeah I think Allen is gone by 8 and for sure by 12. White on the other hand could be there at 12 it seems. And white at 12 along with say Zach Allen, Deonte Thompson, or Dalton Risner at 32 is also a pretty good first day of the draft
Deionte will be there at 32. He will likely be there at our 3rd round pick. We wont take him there either.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Always interesting to keep an eye on mock drafts and the up and down nature of them, especially considering most of these guys are done playing college football. The combine probably having the biggest and final effect on them. Barring of course an off the field incident or social media throwing a wrench into everything.

When your drafting 12 it's pretty easy to see what has the potential to be available.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I don't see Zach Allen being there at 32 as Edge rushers fly off the board and he is top 5 right now. Not sure we even want Thompson. Maybe Risner but I think they can do better at 32.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Zach Allen being there at 32 as Edge rushers fly off the board and he is top 5 right now. Not sure we even want Thompson. Maybe Risner but I think they can do better at 32.
Top 5?

1. Bosa
2. Josh Allen
3. Clellin Ferrell

Polite, Sweat, Burns (in some order)

Granderson, ximines, Fuergeson next group

Actually. I dont see him at OLB at all. 4-3 DE, yes, but he is too big for OLB at over 280.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I need to research Polite more. I watched him play one game this year, must have been a bowl game, because I knew his name was being kicked around for the Packers. I wasn't impressed that game by him, he seemed to play "smallish", but what do I know. :D

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Top 5?

1. Bosa
2. Josh Allen
3. Clellin Ferrell

Polite, Sweat, Burns (in some order)

Granderson, ximines, Fuergeson next group

Actually. I dont see him at OLB at all. 4-3 DE, yes, but he is too big for OLB at over 280.

4-3 Edge is still an edge rusher in my book but technically yes he isn't a true OLB. Regardless, I have seen him almost everywhere going before our second 1st round pick.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I need to research Polite more. I watched him play one game this year, must have been a bowl game, because I knew his name was being kicked around for the Packers. I wasn't impressed that game by him, he seemed to play "smallish", but what do I know. :D

I would be very very dissapointed if Polite is the best we can do with the 12th pick. There is nothing elite about him other then a quick first step. There is also some red flag issues with his attitude rumored. If all that losing we did leads too Polite at 12 this thing is going to become even a bigger disaster then it already is.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would be very very dissapointed if Polite is the best we can do with the 12th pick. There is nothing elite about him other then a quick first step. There is also some red flag issues with his attitude rumored. If all that losing we did leads too Polite at 12 this thing is going to become even a bigger disaster then it already is.

Like I said, I haven't seen enough of Polite, but I wasn't that impressed. I would also say "if all that winning we did in the last 4 games, leaves us with a bad pick at #12, I will be disappointed" ;)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Like I said, I haven't seen enough of Polite, but I wasn't that impressed. I would also say "if all that winning we did in the last 4 games, leaves us with a bad pick at #12, I will be disappointed" ;)

Polite is a smaller Tak McKinley and is a situational pass rusher. He will give you some occasional burst off the edge but that's about it. I expect Polite to fall to the back half of the first round so not too worried well pick him.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UPDATE: With the Saints' debacle we now have the rights to the 30th Overall Pick in the Draft, the only positive thing that seemed to come from this weekend. Now, the only difference between 30th and 32nd is about 30 points; or a late 5th Round Pick. However, there may be a team that wants to jump back in ahead of the Patriots or the Rams. So with that being said, I put on full display, the art of trading down.

TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades the 12th Overall Pick to Cleveland (Byron Murphy)
Cleveland trades the 17th & 49th Overall Picks to Green Bay

Based on last year's Draft I think Gute might be kind of ballsy. This is largely depending on the Combine, but if he blows it away, I'm willing to see how far I can ride Kyler Murray for more picks. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?
12th Overall - Devin White - LB/LSU - I'm going to list him as just a LB and not ILB because LSU employed him plenty at the WLB spot as well. Allen was long gone in the Top 5 but like I said, I felt like I could have my cake and eat it too, and I did.

TRADE!!!!

Green Bay trades the 30th Overall Pick to Jacksonville (Noah Fant)
Jacksonville trades the 38th and 109th Overall Picks to Green Bay

Montez Sweat was sliding, and this was an opportunity to once again have my cake and eat it too. I thought I would once the Jags took Fant, meaning Belichick would trade back because he is the king of hoarding picks and thus aim for Hockenson. I also assumed McVay would bring back Fowler Jr as well, so no edge picked either. But I was wrong. Sweat and Winovich went 31st and 32nd respectively. But fortunately I could bail myself out....

TRADE!!!!
Green Bay trades the 38th Overall Pick to Miami (Michael Jordan)
Miami trades the 48th and 78th Overall Picks to Green Bay

I had a 1st Round Grade on Jordan myself, but I'm not high on him and preferred Michael Deiter, who the Raiders stole at 27th. The Dolphins bailed me out for the second time, as they drafted Murray 13th and all but assured me Devin White. But regardless of missing on Sweat I'm still killing it, as I've got 3 picks in the 2nd Round, 2 picks in the 3rd Round, and 3 picks in the 4th Round. So with that said let's work.
44th Overall - Beau Benzschawel - G/Wisconsin - "Benz" to me is probably Top 5 if not Top 3 at his position, and to consistently find him in the middle of the 2nd Round to the top of the 3rd is of immense value to me, I willingly gave up Jordan because I believe the dropoff is very slim and I can expend a higher pick on another player at a premium position. Day 1 starter for the Packers.

48th Overall - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - S/Florida - I'm really scared this mock is null and void because CGS keeps trending upward, I may need to let him go. I love his versatility in the secondary to help us combat injuries. Because he loves to come downhill and bring the wood I'm going to mock him at SS.

49th Overall - Nassir Adderly - S/Delaware - Two safeties back to back? I don't see why not based on the talent we have on the roster at the position. I'm also scared Adderly will probably keep trending towards the 1st, but hopefully playing at Delaware keeps him pat no higher than the 2nd. With CGS at SS, I have Adderly at FS as he's more of a finesse player to me.

75th Overall - Jaylon Ferguson - Edge/Louisiana Tech - The NCAA sack leader is missing a little bit of bend and twitch, but there's enough tape and he may test well to pop into the 2nd, but I like him still in the 3rd. I feel like the run on edge rushers early means teams will have their fill, so it gives Gute/myself time to put him in our back pockets while we address other needs. Nick Perry is cut for being missing in action either on the field, or because he's on the injury report. I feel like even as a rookie, Ferguson should be able to come up with AT LEAST 4-6 sacks playing alongside White, Martinez, and CM3. (BRANDON MAKE SOME NOISE, IT'S YA BOY!!!!:p:D:laugh::roflmao:)

78th Overall - Alize Mack - TE/Notre Dame - I feel like this is a slight reach, but just slight. He might have still been there at the top of the 4th but all the other TEs were gone that I would have considered so here he is. Good size, blocking is on the plus side, and some pretty good ball skills. He's probably going to take some time to develop. But he seems like he could be the player Marcedes Lewis was supposed to be coming out of UCLA. Only time will tell.

TRADE!!!!
Green Bay trades the 109th Overall Pick to Atlanta (Rodney Anderson)
Atlanta trades the 117th and 138th Overall Picks to Green Bay

This trade truly put the finishing touches on this Draft. 4 picks in the 4th, which to me is huge because here you can find players with a 2nd-3rd Round grade who for some reason or another fell. But once Day 3 begins, you can bet they'll be gone before Round 5. Personally if I had it my way Round 4 would be Day 2, to highlight how good these guys can really be.
114th Overall - David Edwards - OT/Wisconsin - I can settle for 2 out of 3 of the Wisconsin linemen. He can ride behind Bulaga until he's ready or replace him altogether down the season stretch. Either way looks good for us.

117th Overall - Elgton Jenkins - OL/Mississippi State - I'm projecting Jenkins as a Guard opposite Benz. He also has experience playing Center as well. I don't necessarily see him starting Day 1 but I wouldn't batt an eyelash if he did. I could also envision him taking over as Center and Linsley moving to Guard.

118th Overall - Stanley Morgan Jr. - WR/Nebraska - My Cobb replacement, what I love most about Morgan Jr. is he ran a diverse set of routes at Nebraska, and he was smooth running them. He can make guys miss in the open field and he can stiff arm the defender who eventually closes in. He's not a super speedster but once he is up to speed it's hard to run him down.

138th Overall - Anthony Nelson - DL/Iowa - I like Nelson, he's long (6'7) and at 271 he's a chess piece for Mike Pettine. He could put on a few more pounds of muscle and move inside or stay as he is and set the edge as a 5T(I prefer him on the edge). He's a high motor, high character guy with a great football IQ, which will be put on display with his rush moves and counters. He's playing in the Senior Bowl, so he may find himself with a solid 3rd Round Grade by the conclusion.

151st Overall - Ricky Walker - DL/Virginia Tech - The main reason I like Nelson to stay outside, is because I want Ricky Walker right next to him. Walker again is addressing the underwhelming depth of the defensive line not named Lowry and Lancaster. I believe Walker could bring some added pressure along the defensive line and help keep the starters fresh with a rotation that includes himself and Nelson.

187th Overall - Jamal Peters - CB/Mississippi State - Some might say 3 DBs is too much in one Draft but the other two are safeties. Peters is more my answer to any Kevin King injury or anybody else for that matter as just about every CB missed time at one point or another this season. He's long and has good speed. I expect him to replace House and Brown sooner than later.

195th Overall - Bryce Love - RB/Stanford - Until I get any inclination that Love will get more affection in the rankings, I'll continue to mock him here. After a stint on the PUP list to start the 2019 season, look out.

228th Overall - Jordan Scarlett - RB/Florida - While Love is recovering, Scarlett is my change of pace back from Aaron Jones. He's listed at around 215-220, so hopefully he shows off some plus pass blocking ability so as to push the underachieving Jamaal Williams.

And that Ladies & Gentlemen is how you trade down and improve your roster.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UPDATE: With the Saints' debacle we now have the rights to the 30th Overall Pick in the Draft, the only positive thing that seamed to come from this weekend. Now, the only difference between 30th and 32nd is about 30 points; or a late 5th Round Pick. However, there may be a team that wants to jump back in ahead of the Patriots or the Rams. So with that being said, I put on full display, the art of trading down.

TRADE!!!!

Based on last year's Draft I think Gute might be kind of ballsy. This is largely depending on the Combine, but if he blows it away, I'm willing to see how far I can ride Kyler Murray for more picks. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?
12th Overall - Devin White - LB/LSU - I'm going to list him as just a LB and not ILB because LSU employed him plenty at the WLB spot as well. Allen was long gone in the Top 5 but I like I said, I felt like I could have my cake and eat it too, and I did.

TRADE!!!!

Montez Sweat was sliding, and this was an opportunity to once again have my cake and eat it too. I thought I would once the Jags took Fant, meaning Belichick would trade back because he is the king of hoarding picks and thus aim for Hockenson. I also assumed McVay would bring back Fowler Jr as well, so no edge picked either. But I was wrong. Sweat and Winovich went 31st and 32nd respectively. But fortunately I could bail myself out....

TRADE!!!!

I had a 1st Round Grade on Jordan myself, but I'm not high on him and preferred Michael Deiter, who the Raiders stole at 27th. The Dolphins bailed me out for the second time, as they drafted Murray 13th and all but assured me Devin White. But regardless of missing on Sweat I'm still killing it, as I've got 3 picks in the 2nd Round, 2 picks in the 3rd Round, and 3 picks in the 4th Round. So with that said let's work.
44th Overall - Beau Benzschawel - G/Wisconsin - "Benz" to me is probably Top 5 if not Top 3 at his position, and to consistently find him in the middle of the 2nd Round to the top of the 3rd is of immense value to me, I willingly gave up Jordan because I believe the dropoff is very slim and I can expend a higher pick on another player at a premium position. Day 1 starter for the Packers.

48th Overall - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - S/Florida - I'm really scared this mock is null and void because CGS keeps trending upward, I may need to let him go. I love his versatility in the secondary to help us combat injuries. Because he loves to come downhill and bring the wood I'm going to mock him at SS.

49th Overall - Nassir Adderly - S/Delaware - Two safeties back to back? I don't see why not based on the talent we have on the roster at the position. I'm also scared Adderly will probably keep trending towards the 1st, but hopefully playing at Delaware keeps him pat no higher than the 2nd. With CGS at SS, I have Adderly at FS as he's more of a finesse player to me.

75th Overall - Jaylon Ferguson - Edge/Louisiana Tech - The NCAA sack leader is missing a little bit of bend and twitch, but there's enough tape and he may test well to pop into the 2nd, but I like him still in the 3rd. I feel like the run on edge rushers early means teams will have their fill, so it gives Gute/myself time to put him in our back pockets while we address other needs. Nick Perry is cut for being missing in action either on the field, or because he's on the injury report. I feel like even as a rookie, Ferguson should be able to come up with AT LEAST 4-6 sacks playing alongside White, Martinez, and CM3. (BRANDON MAKE SOME NOISE, IT'S YA BOY!!!!:p:D:laugh::roflmao:)

78th Overall - Alize Mack - TE/Notre Dame - I feel like this is a slight reach, but just slight. He might have still been there at the top of the 4th but all the other TEs were gone that I would have considered so here he is. Good size, blocking is on the plus side, and some pretty good ball skills. He's probably going to take some time to develop. But he seems like he could be the player Marcedes Lewis was supposed to be coming out of UCLA. Only time will tell.

TRADE!!!!

This trade truly put the finishing touches on this Draft. 4 picks in the 4th, which to me is huge because here you can find players with a 2nd-3rd Round grade who for some reason or another fell. But once Day 3 begins, you can bet they'll be gone before Round 5. Personally if I had it my way Round 4 would be Day 2, to highlight how good these guys can really be.
114th Overall - David Edwards - OT/Wisconsin - I can settle for 2 out of 3 of the Wisconsin linemen. He can ride behind Bulaga until he's ready or replace him altogether down the season stretch. Either way looks good for us.

117th Overall - Elgton Jenkins - OL/Mississippi State - I'm projecting Jenkins as a Guard opposite Benz. He also has experience playing Center as well. I don't necessarily see him starting Day 1 but I wouldn't bash an eyelash if he did. I could also envision him taking over as Center and Linsley moving to Guard.

118th Overall - Stanley Morgan Jr. - WR/Nebraska - My Cobb replacement, what I love most about Morgan Jr. is he ran a diverse set of routes at Nebraska, and he was smooth running them. He can make guys miss in the open field and he can stiff arm the defender who eventually closes in. He's not a super speedster but once he is up to speed it's hard to run him down.

138th Overall - Anthony Nelson - DL/Iowa - I like Nelson, he's long (6'7) and at 271 he's a chess piece for Mike Pettine. He could put on a few more pounds of muscle and move inside or stay as he is and set the edge as a 5T(I prefer him on the edge). He's a high motor, high character guy with a great football IQ, which will be put on display with his rush moves and counters. He's playing in the Senior Bowl, so he may find himself with a solid 3rd Round Grade by the conclusion.

151st Overall - Ricky Walker - DL/Virginia Tech - The main reason I like Nelson to stay outside, is because I want Ricky Walker right next to him. Walker again is addressing the underwhelming depth of the defensive line not names Lowry and Lancaster. I believe Walker could bring some added pressure along the defensive line and help keep the starters fresh with a rotation that includes himself and Nelson.

187th Overall - Jamal Peters - CB/Mississippi State - Some might say 3 DBs is too much in one Draft but the other two are safeties. Peters is more my answer to any Kevin King injury or anybody else for that matter as just about every CB missed time at one point or another. He's long and has speed. I expect him to replace House and Brown sooner than later.

195th Overall - Bryce Love - RB/Stanford - Until I get any inclination that Love will get more affection in the rankings, I'll continue to mock him here. After a stint on the PUP list to start the season, look out.

228th Overall - Jordan Scarlett - RB/Florida - While Love is recovering, Scarlett is my change of pace back from Aaron Jones. He's listed at around 215-220, so hopefully he shows off some plus pass blocking ability so as to push the underachieving Jamaal Williams.

Interesting work. And who knows, Gute could be a trade down kind of guy like this.

One note: White is taken at 17, right?

Love that pick and Adderly pick.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'ds say it's probably 60/40 White is gone by 17. It's a really ballsy move. The Combine will tell us more. I really didn't want to trade past 14, but the Dolphins didn't want to, and the Falcons wouldn't give up enough. The Redskins and Panthers were just no deal. Cleveland has a million picks so they were the only ones willing. That might ring true on Draft Day. If we were to miss on White, that leaves us with Polite or Sweat most likely. Or we're addressing WR or OL.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Allen is a 3-4 de to me and one with JJ watt potential because he's unique in that hes gonna get 10 sacks from that position while also being a plus defender against the run. I agree he probably won't be there at 30 but boy would he and Devin white with the first two picks really shore up the defense right off the bat.

I didn't watch the national championship game but I still think Thompson goes in the first round as the top safety. He plays mean which I've noticed about a few guys as I've been watching guys. White, Allen, Irv Smith jr, and aj brown are the others I've noticed are bully's on the field and I think that's an attitude the Packers have been lacking for quite sometime

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
UPDATE: With the Saints' debacle we now have the rights to the 30th Overall Pick in the Draft, the only positive thing that seemed to come from this weekend. Now, the only difference between 30th and 32nd is about 30 points; or a late 5th Round Pick. However, there may be a team that wants to jump back in ahead of the Patriots or the Rams. So with that being said, I put on full display, the art of trading down.

TRADE!!!!

12th Overall - Devin White - LB/LSU - I'm going to list him as just a LB and not ILB because LSU employed him plenty at the WLB spot as well. Allen was long gone in the Top 5 but I like I said, I felt like I could have my cake and eat it too, and I did.

TRADE!!!!

TRADE!!!!

TRADE!!!!

117th Overall - Elgton Jenkins - OL/Mississippi State - I'm projecting Jenkins as a Guard opposite Benz. He also has experience playing Center as well. I don't necessarily see him starting Day 1 but I wouldn't batt an eyelash if he did. I could also envision him taking over as Center and Linsley moving to Guard.

151st Overall - Ricky Walker - DL/Virginia Tech - The main reason I like Nelson to stay outside, is because I want Ricky Walker right next to him. Walker again is addressing the underwhelming depth of the defensive line not named Lowry and Lancaster. I believe Walker could bring some added pressure along the defensive line and help keep the starters fresh with a rotation that includes himself and Nelson.

187th Overall - Jamal Peters - CB/Mississippi State - Some might say 3 DBs is too much in one Draft but the other two are safeties. Peters is more my answer to any Kevin King injury or anybody else for that matter as just about every CB missed time at one point or another this season. He's long and has good speed. I expect him to replace House and Brown sooner than later.

195th Overall - Bryce Love - RB/Stanford - Until I get any inclination that Love will get more affection in the rankings, I'll continue to mock him here. After a stint on the PUP list to start the season, look out.

I like the trading back.
It's a nice group of players but don't believe Ferguson will make it to middle of 3rd and would be happy to be wrong.

I want a more significant upgrade at the slot position over Cobb. Morgan is a good "football player" though and he isnt the worst option available. He can also make some disputed catches which I like.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SB Nation has a new mock with the Packers taking Polite at #12 and Montez Sweat at #30.

If those two turn in the measurables at the Combine that's expected of them and live up to their billing on their Pro days, then I would not mind that at all. Packers would still have a high 2nd round pick to draft an OL or TE.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SB Nation has a new mock with the Packers taking Polite at #12 and Montez Sweat at #30.

If those two turn in the measurables at the Combine that's expected of them and live up to their billing on their Pro days, then I would not mind that at all. Packers would still have a high 2nd round pick to draft an OL or TE.
I wouldnt be necessarily opposed to drafting two edge rushers in the first round either, yet imo Sweat is more worthy of taking at #12 than Polite is.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TRADE!!!!

12th Overall - Devin White - LB/LSU - I'm going to list him as just a LB and not ILB because LSU employed him plenty at the WLB spot as well. Allen was long gone in the Top 5 but like I said, I felt like I could have my cake and eat it too, and I did.

TRADE!!!!

TRADE!!!!

TRADE!!!!

195th Overall - Bryce Love - RB/Stanford - Until I get any inclination that Love will get more affection in the rankings, I'll continue to mock him here. After a stint on the PUP list to start the 2019 season, look out.

Interesting mock. I like that you weren't shy of trading back, but ideally, I'd like to stand pat at #12 and take the BPA on the front 7. Preferably that would be Gary or Ferrell, but I wouldn't mind Jonah Williams on the offensive side either (Ford, Taylor or a WR seems a little too high here for me).

Bosa, Q. Williams, Josh Allen are all but out of reach. At least 2 QBs will most likely be drafted before #12. That leaves 6 picks in which hopefully 2 corners will be taken (I'd say Baker and Williams have a good chance). Furthermore there's a significant chance that a WR is of the board before we pick. In that scenario that would make one of White, Ferrell, Gary, Oliver or J. Williams a Packer.

Ideally I'd therefore like to see BPA meet our biggest need imo (edge rusher). I wouldnt mind drafting White, Oliver, or J Williams either as I feel they have to potential to be great. If none of these guys are there, Im not comfortable with taking an OL, WR, or S as I feel we would overdraft them. Furthermore, I wouldnt be in favor of drafting any of the remaining edge rush prospects at 12. My top 5 of those would be:

Sweat, Burns, Polite, Allen, Ximines

Which are all guys we should target at #30 or #44 if we dont get an edge rusher with our first.

Here is my mock draft (unfortunately I dont have the premium version):

In this mock, Bosa/White/Oliver/Allen/Q.Williams/Murray/Haskins/Gary/Burns/G.Williams/Simmons went before the Packers, giving me the choice between Ferrell, J. Williams and Thomson, which for me, was a fairly easy choice to make.

With #30, I was lucky enough to find Ford still sitting there, whose versatility we could really use. Notable candidates here were Marquise Brown, Hockenson/Fant. Furthermore at this point Sweat, Ximines and Allen were still available.

In the mid rounds, I took imo the 2nd best FS, a guy who can be a dynamic slot treat (apart from the Ford pick, this is the only one I have my doubts with since Im unsure whether Campbell will still be available this late come May), a Will linebacker and a bruiser at RB.

I would be especially excited with this pick -I feel like Snell could be the perfect complement to Jones and a dynamic backfield duo would relieve Aarod of so much pressure. Any doubters, I giveth the Falcons in 2016 and the Saints in 2017. I therefore really like the fact that Matt LaFleur has expressed his desire in balancing the offensive playcalling. I furthermore happily saw some analysts recognise this need as some have been mocking a RB to the Packers with our second first rounder (Josh Jacobs and David Montgomery). Where a first round pick might be a bit too early for me, I wouldnt mind seeing one drafted on day 2.

To end it off, I added an athletic and fairly polished pass catching TE in Sternberger and beefed the OL up some more. With our last pick I wouldnt mind seeing a kicker either if this would allow us to cut Crosby.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting mock. I like that you weren't shy of trading back, but ideally, I'd like to stand pat at #12 and take the BPA on the front 7. Preferably that would be Gary or Ferrell, but I wouldn't mind Jonah Williams on the offensive side either (Ford, Taylor or a WR seems a little too high here for me).

Bosa, Q. Williams, Josh Allen are all but out of reach. At least 2 QBs will most likely be drafted before #12. That leaves 6 picks in which hopefully 2 corners will be taken (I'd say Baker and Williams have a good chance). Furthermore there's a significant chance that a WR is of the board before we pick. In that scenario that would make one of White, Ferrell, Gary, Oliver or J. Williams a Packer.

Ideally I'd therefore like to see BPA meet our biggest need imo (edge rusher). I wouldnt mind drafting White, Oliver, or J Williams either as I feel they have to potential to be great. If none of these guys are there, Im not comfortable with taking an OL, WR, or S as I feel we would overdraft them. Furthermore, I wouldnt be in favor of drafting any of the remaining edge rush prospects at 12. My top 5 of those would be:

Sweat, Burns, Polite, Allen, Ximines

Which are all guys we should target at #30 or #44 if we dont get an edge rusher with our first.

Here is my mock draft (unfortunately I dont have the premium version):

In this mock, Bosa/White/Oliver/Allen/Q.Williams/Murray/Haskins/Gary/Burns/G.Williams/Simmons went before the Packers, giving me the choice between Ferrell, J. Williams and Thomson, which for me, was a fairly easy choice to make.

With #30, I was lucky enough to find Ford still sitting there, whose versatility we could really use. Notable candidates here were Marquise Brown, Hockenson/Fant. Furthermore at this point Sweat, Ximines and Allen were still available.

In the mid rounds, I took imo the 2nd best FS, a guy who can be a dynamic slot treat (apart from the Ford pick, this is the only one I have my doubts with since Im unsure whether Campbell will still be available this late come May), a Will linebacker and a bruiser at RB.

I would be especially excited with this pick -I feel like Snell could be the perfect complement to Jones and a dynamic backfield duo would relieve Aarod of so much pressure. Any doubters, I giveth the Falcons in 2016 and the Saints in 2017. I therefore really like the fact that Matt LaFleur has expressed his desire in balancing the offensive playcalling. I furthermore happily saw some analysts recognise this need as some have been mocking a RB to the Packers with our second first rounder (Josh Jacobs and David Montgomery). Where a first round pick might be a bit too early for me, I wouldnt mind seeing one drafted on day 2.

To end it off, I added an athletic and fairly polished pass catching TE in Sternberger and beefed the OL up some more. With our last pick I wouldnt mind seeing a kicker either if this would allow us to cut Crosby.

I have yet to see Gary or Ferrell go outside the Top 8-10 since maybe October.

Jones and Lock will be on full display this Saturday at the Senior Bowl. If either impress, you've got 4 QBs with Top 10-15 status. Right now we're only guessing Murray and Haskins, but if they show out that trade back to 17 becomes less of a ballsy play and more of a smart one. Imagine a trade with Washington where we could fleece maybe their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for Lock or Jones? That's a ton of value to rebuild with; and I want the stink of Ted Thompson eliminated this offseason.

I've watched nothing on Sternberger and Rapp to me is 3rd Round. But to each his own.

Riding Brailford from the East-West Shrine Game? I'm not mad at you in the 7th. But if he tests well you're talking 4th or 5th Round Grade.

Members online

Latest posts