Vikings Decision at QB...who will be back and why?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This thread probably won't gain any traction, due to the fact that I am putting it in "other teams discussion". But I am intrigued by the decision facing the Vikings at QB. They have 3 QB's that could be starters in the NFL. Who will the Vikings keep and why? Or, do they let all 3 walk and try to sign a guy like Alex Smith if he is released by the Chiefs?

I would rank the probabilities as follows:
  1. Stick with Keenum (55%): He took them pretty far in 2017, so why mess with something that worked.
  2. Hand the job back over to Teddy (25%): If Teddy can come all the way back from his injury and stay healthy, he is probably the best QB of the 3, but that injury has to be a pretty big concern.
  3. Dump all three and sign a top FA QB (15%): The Vikings have the cap space to do this. They may just be one solid QB away from getting to the SB. But still risky bringing a completely new guy into the system.
  4. Go back to Bradford (5%): While Bradford wasn't a bad option, his injury history, age and the fact that he wasn't able to consistently win, leads me to believe they let him walk. For the right price, I would be fine with him as the Packers #2.
The Vikings decision will probably hinge on how good they think their system made Keenum and vice versa. While their offense wasn't a juggernaut, but #10 in PPG is good and Keenum had a pretty good year, but would Teddy, Sam or another QB make their offense just that much better?

Members online

Latest posts