1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Under 28 Lineup

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by aaronqb, Oct 26, 2010.

1. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    We have some good young players

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Nice job.

They are built for the long term thats for sure.

3. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    That's very reassuring.

4. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    that's pretty reassuring, good job aaronqb

5. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    Nelson is over 28?

6. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +846
    Packers have been the youngest team in the league for a while now. Time to add that veteran or two to put them over the hump and win a Super Bowl.

In 1995/96 the Packers traded for Eugene Robinson and added Santana Dotson. Wolf added the right veterans to make the young team Super Bowl Champs.

7. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +846
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Clearly I mean in the offseason, not right now.

8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    We have veterans.

9. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +846
    Very good observation.

I know we have veterans. The Packers are one or two veterans away from a Super Bowl.

10. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +846
    Psychic Prediction: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sparta asks me "which veterans the Packers need" then quotes an obscure statistic about how the 1972 Dolphins didn't sign any free-agents the offseason before going undefeated.

11. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    forgot James Starks

12. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Well, skip the 1972 Dolphins part and tell me which veterans we should trade/sign from free agency to replace our starters with?

13. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    no doubt

14. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Interesting timing of this article, considering this particular thread. It compares the differences in strategy between us and the Jets:

Green Bay Packers, New York Jets take opposite approaches to team-building | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press-Gazette

Not saying one way is better than the other when it comes to building a team, but it will be interesting to see how the Jets do in the future with the loss of a lot of their lower draft picks.

FWIW, we were largely considered a top team to win it all before the injury bug bit us in the ***. We did it without making a bunch of trades of signing a bunch of one year rentals.

Just sayin.

15. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Goddammit Sitton is only 24?

Write this: This guy is going to be the league's best guard in the next decade.

16. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    retired

17. Packerfury

Packerfury Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    This got me thinking about the niners of years past.

Anyone remember that one draft where bill walsch traded back every single time he had a pick like rounds 1-3and built his team in like round 4-7? I remember the niner gm saying sometime later that he thought that was the worst draft he had ever seen at the time. But it turned out to be possibly the best. ^hey built their secondary, and many other areas on the team right there.

I hate the niners, especially because I live in cali, but R.I.P. Bill Walsch, in my eyes the best coach I have been alive to see...

18. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Exactly correct, yet we keep hearing people insist that this team NEEDS to make some kind of big splash in free agency in order for us to compete. No, we don't. We don't need to sign outside talent to get us over the hump. I'm sorry, but the guys we had before injuries can do it.

The Patriots, Colts, Steelers and Chargers are all examples of teams that have been top competitors this past decade, and did so without making a ton of moves in free agency. A move here or there, and that's it. Guess what? That's what we do too. And, if healthy, we're a damn good team *right now*.

19. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I believe, even with injuries, we can win against anyone anywhere.

We do need better preparation and coaching decision. Last game, both were vastly improved. Let's hope it continues through the season, and postseason...

20. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +846
    I wouldn't mind a veteran offensive lineman and outside linebacker.

You have to figure Clifton and Tauscher are both done after this year, leaving Bulaga and Lang as the only tackles on the roster. I would like a veteran to challenge Lang at RT. One name on the horizon is Logan Mankins. If the Pats don't franchise him, the Packers can sign him without giving up anything.

Brad Jones was injured at the beginning of last year and is now on IR. Frank Zombo is progressing, but is very young. A proven veteran OLB to pair with Matthews seems logical.

I agree with building through the draft. If you the Packers add a veteran or two, TT could draft the best player available instead of drafting to fill a need.

21. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +846
    I'm not asking for "a ton of moves in free agency". A "move here or there" is all I'm asking for.

I'm glad you think Clifton at LT next year and whoever is healthy at OLB can get the Packers to the Super Bowl and win. I don't.