TTMM connection

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
been reading some things around the 'net about whether or not TT will fire MM.
IMO, this is the wrong way to go. Both TT and MM need to go.
Time for change.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't see TT being fired and MM still being here. If a new GM is hired, they will want to start with a clean house and that starts with the head coach.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with that.
It's a tough choice but I think it starts with the GM getting in the right talent for the coach.
We need to stop drafting only rookies that will take them a few years of getting the hang of and experience in the NFL.
We do have talent. TT is picking good prospects. I think it's more than just that. MM needs to get control of his team again. The players seem uninterested for whatever reason. God I want my Packers back!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you had to choose who's gone between TT and MM who will be gone and why?

I know a lot of people look at the higher-up as the guy holding greater responsibility for the show, and I'm sure there's plenty of arguments to make that Ted's drafting and perhaps failure to build enough depth behind injured starters particularly in the running game, TE, and pick your position on defense is a bad thing. I won't ignore it or say that the heat can't be turned up a notch on him too.

But lately it's McCarthy's attitude towards this thing that's got me scratching my head. I would say I thought it was strange last year when he came out opening week and outright said the Packers were gonna kick the Bears' ***es, something he's not been prone to do in past years, and in general some of his demeanor. But especially right now to say stuff about "I'm a highly successful NFL coach" when this team has problems everyone can see, that's just not what you do even if you do have winning seasons to look at. Pointing at that does not fix problems, and it really I think sends a bad message to fans and players about the state of affairs here in Green Bay. And I'm not defending Rodgers either over his bad play, but I can't see any reason for him to lie about a team bench being devoid of energy and lacking resolve to go win. And part of that does fall on McCarthy. Mike McCarthy in the past was also focused on taking care of business no matter who it was we played, but right now he's apparently got something else on the brain because that is not what's happening.

If I recall though, I believe Thompson and McCarthy's contracts only last through 2018. At this point if I'm Murphy, I'm thinking let's see a rebound here without any talk of extensions or anything like that. You get 2017 as a make or break season, to avoid any lame duck status at that point, and if the Pack get back to the playoffs or better yet win the SB, contracts get extended. Another abysmal year like this though, and it's pink slip time.

Last edited:

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it makes a ton of sense choosing one as I truly believe that if the team continues to spiral downwards over the rest of the year both Thompson and McCarthy should be gone at the end of the season.
Capt Im with you 100% on that, Im just curious who people want gone more lol. I want TT gone more then MM. This build through the draft mindset is old and stale. When it come playoff time we get the boot everytime.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do have talent. TT is picking good prospects. I think it's more than just that. MM needs to get control of his team again. The players seem uninterested for whatever reason. God I want my Packers back!
I honestly think TT is picking mediocre talent. We have a couple people that give you splash plays, but name someone that you know is going to ball every game besides AR?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly think TT is picking mediocre talent. We have a couple people that give you splash plays, but name someone that you know is going to ball every game besides AR?

Exactly. I still watch the Packers this year because of Aaron Rodgers . I won't lie...if they were doing this with Flynn or Tolzien i wouldn't even watch their games. Wasting my Sundays on these bums. They say the fans are spoiled..nah they're spoiled by the success of Rodgers. Had he left in free agency I guarantee they'd be on their third coach at least. To have 1 SB appearance with two HOF qbs is crazy.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. I still watch the Packers this year because of Aaron Rodgers . I won't lie...if they were doing this with Flynn or Tolzien i wouldn't even watch their games. Wasting my Sundays on these bums. They say the fans are spoiled..nah they're spoiled by the success of Rodgers. Had he left in free agency I guarantee they'd be on their third coach at least. To have 1 SB appearance with two HOF qbs is crazy.

Nailed it, and without Arod would we have won a single game? We have a QB, a kicker, and a LB that plays 12 games, that's it. The window in the NFL is extremely small, we pissed it away with Brett and we're doing it again with Arod. They both need to go.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I recall though, I believe Thompson and McCarthy's contracts only last through 2018. At this point if I'm Murphy, I'm thinking let's see a rebound here without any talk of extensions or anything like that. You get 2017 as a make or break season, to avoid any lame duck status at that point, and if the Pack get back to the playoffs or better yet win the SB, contracts get extended. Another abysmal year like this though, and it's pink slip time.
You are being way too nice.
They have had all this time, all these chances and yet still manage to blow it in playoff after playoff.
And why waste another prime year of Rodgers?
Time to clean house and start fresh.
I honestly cannot ever see this team getting back to another SB with Ted and McMoron in charge.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am getting the feeling that there is possibly a movie deal in the works here to help finance the building of Title Town?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Saw this and immediately went digging through my old Myspace account.

This was from right after the Favre/ Rodgers debacle back in August 2008. Yours is better!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those suggesting another year, I'm against it. This is not going to change or get better.
How many seasons are you willing to waste, and how deep a hole to dig for the next regime, to see that?

D

Deleted member 6794

I know a lot of people look at the higher-up as the guy holding greater responsibility for the show, and I'm sure there's plenty of arguments to make that Ted's drafting and perhaps failure to build enough depth behind injured starters particularly in the running game, TE, and pick your position on defense is a bad thing. I won't ignore it or say that the heat can't be turned up a notch on him too.If I recall though, I believe Thompson and McCarthy's contracts only last through 2018. At this point if I'm Murphy, I'm thinking let's see a rebound here without any talk of extensions or anything like that. You get 2017 as a make or break season, to avoid any lame duck status at that point, and if the Pack get back to the playoffs or better yet win the SB, contracts get extended. Another abysmal year like this though, and it's pink slip time.

I agree with several other posters that if the Packers don't turn around this season there's no reason to hold on to Thompson and McCarthy for another year.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think perry is better then daniels, daniels is just emotional, hes a Rah Rah guy. like I said he has splash plays here and there but hes not constant with the pressure even in passing situations.

Perry's lack of production with Matthews not ppaying should serve as evidence that Daniels is a far better player than him.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry's lack of production with Matthews not ppaying should serve as evidence that Daniels is a far better player than him.
Im saying I think they all are splash players. Though my personal feeling that perry is better then daniels is going *** for tat. Non of them getting pressure on obvious pass plays.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am getting the feeling that there is possibly a movie deal in the works here to help finance the building of Title Town?

OMG!!
Ted is... is... smiling?
That had to be photo shopped. Right?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
OMG!!
Ted is... is... smiling?
That had to be photo shopped. Right?

I think just the smile part, but TT was propped up for the shoot. The actors being chosen to play the role of MM and TT are still being considered, but I believe William Shatner (MM) and John Ratzenberger (TT) are strongly being considered.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has to go. He has done a terrible job on putting the best product available out there. He has been stubborn and has been slow at addressing the teams needs. Seems every year there is a glaring issue.

Last year we didn't have enough WRs and he reacted by filling with practice squad talent. Now we carried 7. Then we had the Rodgers injury fiasco getting injured and we were caught with our pants down and rolling with nobodies the we carried 3 qbs. This year we have the running back situation. A few years ago it was the defense(ILB situation). He is too stubborn to address the needs and it finally has caught up to him by expecting practice squad players to make a difference. This idiot needs to go as soon as the season is over.

D

Deleted member 6794

TT has to go. He has done a terrible job on putting the best product available out there. He has been stubborn and has been slow at addressing the teams needs. Seems every year there is a glaring issue.

Last year we didn't have enough WRs and he reacted by filling with practice squad talent.

While I agree that Thompson has been slow addressing positions in need of an upgrade he signed James Jones at the end of camp last year to improve the receiving corps.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think just the smile part, but TT was propped up for the shoot. The actors being chosen to play the role of MM and TT are still being considered, but I believe William Shatner (MM) and John Ratzenberger (TT) are strongly being considered.
I dunno if it's too small but that would be a nice avatar.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree that Thompson has been slow addressing positions in need of an upgrade he signed James Jones at the end of camp last year to improve the receiving corps.
Correct me if I'm wrong on this...
And then didn't Jones do really well?
I thought he did.
And then the Packers let him go.
Was that really the right thing to do?

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. But that's a reaction to a problem. He waits for the player to be released late into the season. Just like Flynn. Those players weren't even good enough to make it on other teams. That's tells you how good the talent we have is