When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet another fan ignoring Rodgers recent playoff performances in order to blame only TT.

We may have had another Super
Bowl had Rodgers been playing at his MVP level throughout the last two playoff loses.

For the record I agree with you and understand you completely, however to play devil's advocate, if your team winning football games is based solely on 1 of 53 players ALWAYS being 100% at the top of his game, there is flat out something wrong with the team and this teams fails again and again unless Rodgers is near flawless. That is not a football TEAM.

That being said, Rodgers has certainly faltered badly in big games since the last Super Bowl season.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record I agree with you and understand you completely, however to play devil's advocate, if your team winning football games is based solely on 1 of 53 players ALWAYS being 100% at the top of his game, there is flat out something wrong with the team and this teams fails again and again unless Rodgers is near flawless. That is not a football TEAM.

That being said, Rodgers has certainly faltered badly in big games since the last Super Bowl season.

Im inclined to agree but it wouldn't have taken "flawless". Just "good" would've been good enough

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im inclined to agree but it wouldn't have taken "flawless". Just "good" would've been good enough

Agreed, however, pick any big game since the Super Bowl that we lost and Rodgers played poorly in, and I am almost willing to guarantee i can point to other players or the defense in particular that wet the bed and I am talking 40 days and 40 nights of wetting the bed.

One of the biggest reasons why I love football so much is that it is one of the ultimate team games, it requires everyone playing at an above average level for an entire game to win.

I have not once been optimistic about this team getting back to the Superbowl since about halfway through the 2011 season when I realized that we had one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL and had not chance of making it through the playoffs no matter how great the offense was.

I say this because for some reason i just have a gut feeling we are going back to the big game this year. And to be honest I have no facts to point to to make me feel this way, just feel for some reason they will have the mojo this year.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Rodgers only had to play average.. I have pointed it out few times here about his sub par play vs Seattle..

If he played like he did vs Dallas the week before, Seattle couldn't have made it back

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, however, pick any big game since the Super Bowl that we lost and Rodgers played poorly in, and I am almost willing to guarantee i can point to other players or the defense in particular that wet the bed and I am talking 40 days and 40 nights of wetting the bed.

One of the biggest reasons why I love football so much is that it is one of the ultimate team games, it requires everyone playing at an above average level for an entire game to win.

I have not once been optimistic about this team getting back to the Superbowl since about halfway through the 2011 season when I realized that we had one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL and had not chance of making it through the playoffs no matter how great the offense was.

I say this because for some reason i just have a gut feeling we are going back to the big game this year. And to be honest I have no facts to point to to make me feel this way, just feel for some reason they will have the mojo this year.

I totally agree here. Just look at that last throw Aaron Rodgers made and how our season ended. I believe this season could be described as "Playing with a Chip on Your Shoulder" season.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that Rodgers hasn't played up to his standards in the playoff losses over the last five seasons but the Packers have nevertheless scored at least 20 points in all of these losses, which isn't that easy against some of the best defenses in the league.

At some point our defense will have to step up and win a low scoring game for us to make it back to the Super Bowl, just like they did twice in 2010.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I agree it has been mostly the defense's fault for most of our playoff losses. But Rodgers does have bad games now and then. He ain't god, though he comes close.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree it has been mostly the defense's fault for most of our playoff losses. But Rodgers does have bad games now and then. He ain't god, though he comes close.

Are you sure? I can clearly hear the announcer call Aaron Rodgers "God" at :27 in this video. ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers only had to play average.. I have pointed it out few times here about his sub par play vs Seattle..

If he played like he did vs Dallas the week before, Seattle couldn't have made it back

If there is any single game that does not need to be rehashed it is this one. I stand by everything I ever said about this game. It was a complete and utter failure as a team from the coaches to the players. Blaming one person for that loss is utterly ridiculous as Rodgers was poor, the offense was poor, coaching and play calling was entirely too conservative and poor and the breakdown of basic football fundamentals at the most key times that occurred in that game you can't find watching a high school football game.

It was a complete and utter team failure which falls in line with comments about why I love football so much, it takes a team to win and the Packers have not been a complete team, not even close, since the last Super Bowl win which is why they have not gotten back.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't disagree that other parts of team needs to improve.

I just don't understand fans who blame TT while acting like Rodgers is perfect.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't disagree that other parts of team needs to improve.

I just don't understand fans who blame TT while acting like Rodgers is perfect.

Gotch ya, I am in agreement with you as well. Rodgers has not been without his faults, can't blame everything on TT or MM or Rodgers or the offense or the defense.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I blame them both while I still think both are good at their jobs?

Don't understand how. If neither one is meeting expectations (my interpretation of the reason for blame), neither is good at their jobs. The joys of semantics/relativity/subjectivity in a sports forum.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't understand how. If neither one is meeting expectations (my interpretation of the reason for blame), neither is good at their jobs. The joys of semantics/relativity/subjectivity in a sports forum.

Yep. Just that nobody is perfect though is the point

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I blame them both while I still think both are good at their jobs?

I don't see any other way to look at it. Everyone can be great at their job yet still have room for improvement, if that is not the case, what are you even working for?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any other way to look at it. Everyone can be great at their job yet still have room for improvement, if that is not the case, what are you even working for?

Still don't quite understand what the blame is for if they're doing a great job.