When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RyanO4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT needs to go. Getting to the playoffs every year isn't good enough anymore when you have a once in a lifetime QB. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks because he’s too stubborn to use free agency and trades. New England is a prime example of a team who utilizes the draft and free agency as well as trades. They understand they have a once in a lifetime QB and they try to improve the team around him constantly. (Rodgers is only getting older) For instance, signing Revis, Amendola, Talib, Jabaal Sheard or Trading for Akeem Ayers, Randy Moss, Chad Ochocinco, Albert Haynesworth. Some of these moves may have been busts, but who cares if it was for a late round pick, which rarely pans out. Half the time the team finds better undrafted players than the late picks anyways. TT values 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks way too much and it causes the Pack to miss out on talented players who can contribute when it counts most in the playoffs. At one point in time, TT could have had Lynch for a 3rd round pick from the Bills…. a 3rd pick. Instead he wastes those picks on players like Khyri Thornton… Are u kidding me? And don’t give me that crap that it will hurt the cap to do that when the Packers have more than enough cap space. Don’t get me wrong, I think the draft and develop philosophy is great, but free agent pick ups and trades need to happen occasionally because not all picks pan out (i.e. Harrell, Carrol, Thronton, Worthy, Alex Green, Datone Jones, Davante Adams, Carl Bradford)….I think John Schneider needs to come home to Green Bay… that rumor about a clause in his contract to come to GB if the GM spot is open could be true. He is much more like Ron Wolf who wasn't afraid to make a move to get a few big name free agents or players in a trade and look what it did for the Pack then! Out with the old, in with the new I say! Go Pack! Beat the Cardinals!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would welcome a Schnieder/elliot wolf power tag team running the front office here. TT has scared me since he had his medical "event". He seems like a zombie now.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the time it was thought that Lynch had at least as good a chance of getting himself kicked out of the league as of becoming a star.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is more of "We haven't been as good as possibly the greatest run of success in NFL history (Patriots), therefore TT should be fired."

Doesn't matter what he's done compared to the rest of league apparently.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets look at the mid season trades... all those guys have pretty much sucked. I don't know that TT could have expected guys like Adams and Cobb to struggle like they have.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting thing is many fans who bash TT praise Ron Wolf. Wolf won one Super Bowl with one of the greatest qbs of all time. TT has won one super bowl with a QB who likely will go down as one of the greatest of all time. Do people realize winning Super Bowl is hard?

How is TT wasting Roger's career? Last year it took an epic collapse for to miss the Super Bowl. Should TT have made Burnett keep running after his int or had Bostick let Jordy catch the onside kick? This year's team is only 2 games from the Super Bowl.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting thing is many fans who bash TT praise Ron Wolf. Wolf won one Super Bowl with one of the greatest qbs of all time. TT has won one super bowl with a QB who likely will go down as one of the greatest of all time. Do people realize winning Super Bowl is hard?

How is TT wasting Roger's career? Last year it took an epic collapse for to miss the Super Bowl. Should TT have made Burnett keep running after his int or had Bostick let Jordy catch the onside kick? This year's team is only 2 games from the Super Bowl.

Rodgers has also performed worse in the playoffs many times compared to the regular season, which is also not on TT.

Some fans seem to think Rodgers is good all the time and doesn't deserve any blame for playoff loses.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has also performed worse in the playoffs many times compared to the regular season, which is also not on TT.

Some fans seem to think Rodgers is good all the time and doesn't deserve any blame for playoff loses.

Many times might be extreme but I get what you are saying. I would say the Giants, first sf, and Arizona losses were mostly the defense. The second sf rodgers could definitely have been better and Seattle last year although the calf was an issue.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many times might be extreme but I get what you are saying. I would say the Giants, first sf, and Arizona losses were mostly the defense. The second sf rodgers could definitely have been better and Seattle last year although the calf was an issue.

Although the defense wasn't good vs the Giants, Rodgers and the offense were pretty bad too with 4 turnovers. The team was down 37-13 at one point. That's bad on both sides.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers hasn't come through in the playoffs enough. In three of his five playoff loses he has had the ball in his hands at the end of the 4th quarter (or overtime) with a chance to score a touchdown and win the game. The first time he fumbled and gave up a touchdown (Arizona '09), and the last two times we were forced to settle for field goals only to see the opposing team get the ball and win the game (SF in '13 and Seattle in '14). I'm sure a lot of people on here would make excuses for him in those situations, but the point is if you're one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time you need to get the job done at the end of the 4th quarter in tight playoff games. Obviously no one succeeds 100% of the time but I haven't been overly impressed with him in those situations. Here's hoping it changes this year.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although the defense wasn't good vs the Giants, Rodgers and the offense were pretty bad too with 4 turnovers. The team was down 37-13 at one point. That's bad on both sides.
I remember that game a little differently. Packers were never down 37-13. It was 30 which is still a lotbut that game the packers were done in by turnovers with 4. Rodgers did have a pick and fumble so that wasn't good but he also threw for 264 and was the leading rusher with 66. That was also a game where our wide receivers had terrible drops, our oline gave up 4 sacks and our running backs had 2 fumbles. I would put rodgers pretty far down the list.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers hasn't come through in the playoffs enough. In three of his five playoff loses he has had the ball in his hands at the end of the 4th quarter (or overtime) with a chance to score a touchdown and win the game. The first time he fumbled and gave up a touchdown (Arizona '09), and the last two times we were forced to settle for field goals only to see the opposing team get the ball and win the game (SF in '13 and Seattle in '14). I'm sure a lot of people on here would make excuses for him in those situations, but the point is if you're one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time you need to get the job done at the end of the 4th quarter in tight playoff games. Obviously no one succeeds 100% of the time but I haven't been overly impressed with him in those situations. Here's hoping it changes this year.

You are right for the most part but last year's Seattle game is a poor example at the end. The offense got the back with like 80 seconds left. The goal there is a fg to get to ot and he got it done. Even the Arizona game he lead a td drive to force ot. So in those two situations he did come through. He just had a fluke play against Arizona in ot and no chance against Seattle. The sf game was rough though.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that game a little differently. Packers were never down 37-13. It was 30 which is still a lotbut that game the packers were done in by turnovers with 4. Rodgers did have a pick and fumble so that wasn't good but he also threw for 264 and was the leading rusher with 66. That was also a game where our wide receivers had terrible drops, our oline gave up 4 sacks and our running backs had 2 fumbles. I would put rodgers pretty far down the list.

You're right. It was 30-13.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall Rodgers having a good second game against SF, the defense just blew it. He doesn't have as much success because he doesn't have the team or gameplan to succeed against great defenses. This year the defense may have negated that, but then they lose their best receiver and are even more ill-equipped to succeed against a tough D.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This poll was written about as poorly as humanly possible in terms of loaded options. TT has his flaws but he's pretty darn good.

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link to Bob McGinn's article "Packers Hurt by Silent Ted's In-Season Inactivity" is below - from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel from this past Saturday, December 9. Also below full article. Interesting read.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...mpson-hurting-team-b99647553z1-364762971.html
WASHINGTONAs the offensive collapse unfolded and the defeats mounted, Ted Thompson really didn't do much of anything. Thank you, can I have another one, sir! And another! And still another!

The Green Bay Packers have absorbed shot after shot from hungry rivals for the last three months and not once did their general manager for the last 11 seasons say a word or fight back.

Last edited by a moderator:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well that was a deflating read lol
i'm generally pro-Ted, but yeah, he is pretty boring

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Thank goodness a thread on Thompson has finally been started. He hardly gets discussed here at all. :rolleyes: