When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll type very slowly. If you put Rodgers on the team that Browns have put together up to this point, and if you put any of the QBs the Browns have had on today's Packers, what would you expect? The point was that the Browns may not have done a bad job of drafting, except for one position.
Type faster please.

Too many variables and you're being too simplistic. Ask around the league as to who has the most talented rosters overall. By now, the Browns and another 5 teams or so should be at the top of the list. They're not, because they have suffered with chronically poor management.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
History has shown to be very successful...I will defer to the people getting paid to do their job.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given the thread title, I assume "TT" is the missing term. If so, there are obviously folks who question the level of success, after 800+ posts. Also, as a new guy, you probably missed some of the give-and-take regarding how much credit to give someone just because they get paid to do a job. We can start that again, but with the draft next week, we'll most likely be busy with picking that apart. :)

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given the thread title, I assume "TT" is the missing term. If so, there are obviously folks who question the level of success, after 800+ posts. Also, as a new guy, you probably missed some of the give-and-take regarding how much credit to give someone just because they get paid to do a job. We can start that again, but with the draft next week, we'll most likely be busy with picking that apart. :)

GahhhhH! Can't wait!

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Due to the Packers success (grade it how you like) over the last 6 years, their draft position has averaged right around 26th. This means that on average, there have been 25 teams picking ahead of them in EACH and every round. Over 6 years that equates to 150 players total per round that other teams have been able to pick before the Packers. I'm not sure how this rates in comparison to other teams, but guessing possibly only NE has done better? I know we all want Super Bowl wins, but its pretty impressive that the Packers have been able to stay relatively near the top of the league given their draft position each year.[/QUOTE
Thus the reason for supplementing with FA

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get Hawk never developed into what we all wanted....but I'd rate him over Crosby even personally.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone tell me how Marshall Newhouse is so high too? He was a bust.

5th round pick, saw playing time, and is still on an active roster.....not sure I'd classify that a bust for a 5th rounder at all. I too feel he might be tick high though on that list.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby at #9??? :rolleyes:

If any 10 year GM has a kicker in his actual top 10 best picks, that GM would truly be an awful one. How can an actual sportswriter not recognize that most kickers are very late round or undrafted, and that finding one that can hit 80% of his FGs is kind of expected in the 6th, not some hidden gem?

D

Deleted member 6794

If any 10 year GM has a kicker in his actual top 10 best picks, that GM would truly be an awful one. How can an actual sportswriter not recognize that most kickers are very late round or undrafted, and that finding one that can hit 80% of his FGs is kind of expected in the 6th, not some hidden gem?

Just like a lot of posters here the writer puts way too much stock in Crosby being the franchise´s all time leading scorer.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I keek a touchdown". A. Karras

Greatest all-time quote about kickers.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My analysis of the list:

I can't disagree with the top 8. I'd probably have Daniels above Lang, but not a big deal.

Crosby at #9 is a total joke. Raji and Starks seem high to me, but I guess they're putting some weight on what they meant for the Super Bowl run.

Colledge seems way too high. It seems like he really docked the guys that were picked in the last 2- 3 years for some reason (Linsley, Lacy, Clinton-Dix, Randall.) In no universe should Hawk be top 25. He was no bust but finding mid round quality with a top 5 draft pick doesn't warrant that high of a grade.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To say Hawk was mid-round talent I'd say is very harsh. Dude was no where near a Top 10 pick like he was, but very limited number of guys drafted at his position did as much as he did from even the 2nd/3rd areas.

H

HardRightEdge

"I keek a touchdown". A. Karras

Greatest all-time quote about kickers.
Sounds like a quote from the late '60's with the rush for European soccer kickers. Pete Gogolak started it all.

Something I was not aware of until a minute ago...Chester Markol admitted to being on cocaine when he returned that blocked kick for a TD. Ah, 1980, those were the days! Cough, cough....

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To say Hawk was mid-round talent I'd say is very harsh. Dude was no where near a Top 10 pick like he was, but very limited number of guys drafted at his position did as much as he did from even the 2nd/3rd areas.

Maybe mid round is harsh. I acknowledge there are 1st rounders who have done less, but there are also late rounders who were better at their best -- for example, Bishop, and guys like Trevathan. So mid round talent is just an estimate. It depends on how much you downgrade a pick for being far below the value of the spot in the draft. Brad Jones wasn't a good ILB, but I can't criticize the pick much being that it was a 7th rounder. Hawk was a top 5 pick in a loaded draft where you're obviously hoping for a franchise defensive player in that spot.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Something I was not aware of until a minute ago...Chester Markol admitted to being on cocaine when he returned that blocked kick for a TD. Ah, 1980, those were the days! Cough, cough....

No matter how you do it, its always nice to beat Da Bears.....this was just one of those memory moments....cocaine or no cocaine......but if you look at him twitch while lining up.....lol

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts