When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You posted 'Thompson admitted his worst move was his failure to sign either Rivera and Wahle'. Looks like you've spent some time searching now yet you still haven’t substantiated that. Nothing you posted supports that. You made it up. And you are apparently so blinded by your love of Favre and hatred for Thompson you can't recognize the roster and cap situation GM Sherman left for Thompson to inherit in 2005.

You posted and continue to support the idea that drafting Aaron Rodgers was a major blunder. There's no nice way to characterize that: It is as idiotic an idea as has been posted on this, or any other board. You apparently think drafting a future HOF QB at #24 was a mistake because it didn't help Favre. I don't remember even another Favre-first fan posting something so foolish. With Packers "fans" like you, who needs Bears fans? IMO you have zero credibility as a Packers fan.

How is that even possible? Seriously?

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVE Brett Favre too. He was THE toughest SOB I ever saw play. Shattered Marino's Iron Man record. But, Aaron Rodgers was just as big of a STEAL in the NFL draft as Dan Marino was. How can anybody say Aaron Rodgers was a bad draft pick? Honestly?

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've posted this before and I'll post it again. Regardless of your point, if you want to be respected and not just seen as a troll or what-not on this forum there's ways to go about a respectable debate.

Name-calling, especially criticizing something as useless in running football operations as the pigment of someone's skin, is not the way to do it.
Classless, imo.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I wish they would have, but they didn't" - Danny Trevathan in response to if the Packers contacted him.

I really did not want dredge this post up again but hearing that is mind boggling.

1. I seriously can't believe a professional athlete said that public after being signed by our biggest rival.

2. This is a clear sign that no matter what TT says he has an ocd aversion to free agency.

This is a guy not even doing his job. I understand not wanting to overpay, and I agree with it 100%, butt not even contacting a guy to see the number, is flat out a dereliction of his job which is to make the team better and win a Superbowl. He's not even tried to use all the tools available to him. It is one thing to be fiscally sound and leave your options open and is completely another to not even do your job.

If Ted's completely unknown formula wins the Packers a Superbowl this year I will never say one negative thing about him again but if we don't he seriously needs to go since he is too stubborn to do his job.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
"I wish they would have, but they didn't" - Danny Trevathan in response to if the Packers contacted him.

I really did not want dredge this post up again but hearing that is mind boggling.

1. I seriously can't believe a professional athlete said that public after being signed by our biggest rival.

2. This is a clear sign that no matter what TT says he has an ocd aversion to free agency.

This is a guy not even doing his job. I understand not wanting to overpay, an I agree with it 100%, button not even contact a guy to see the number, is flat out a dereliction of his job which is to make the team better an win a Superbowl. He's not even tried to use all the tools available to him. It is one thing to be fiscally sound and leave your options open and is completely another to not even do your job.

If Ted's completely unknown formula wins the Packers a Superbowl this year I will never say one negative thing about him again but if we don't he seriously needs to go since he is too stubborn to do his job.

Then that would be two SB with unknown formula..

Not to mention a bad pass from HoF Brett that stopped them from going to a third?

And a complete meltdown of Def and Off from going to a 4th?

I want Ted to fill holes this year... Trouble is with less than 20 mill... And off lineman coming due, along with Neal, that cap space is pretty low..

Not trying to create drama...

But two times he had a team on brink of the SB... But players and coaches screwed it up

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

This is a guy not even doing his job. I understand not wanting to overpay, an I agree with it 100%, button not even contact a guy to see the number, is flat out a dereliction of his job which is to make the team better an win a Superbowl. He's not even tried to use all the tools available to him. It is one thing to be fiscally sound and leave your options open and is completely another to not even do your job.

As I´ve mentioned in another thread Thompson not even contacting Trevathan is extremely disappointing and absolutely mind-boggling. I agree with you that I´m in favor of not overpaying for unrestricted free agents but not even inquiring about the asking price of a player perfectly suited to fill a hole on the team is inexcusable.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then that would be two SB with unknown formula..

Not to mention a bad pass from HoF Brett that stopped them from going to a third?

And a complete meltdown of Def and Off from going to a 4th?

I want Ted to fill holes this year... Trouble is with less than 20 mill... And off lineman coming due, along with Neal, that cap space is pretty low..

Not trying to create drama...

But two times he had a team on brink of the SB... But players and coaches screwed it up
So when the players were performing well, TT gets credit for them, but when they struggled, it's because they are incompetent and "screwed up"?. Maybe those teams had more talent and impact players, and that showed when it came down to the end. Considering that Seattle beat the tar out of us in the in regular season in 2014, I'd say that's a big possibility.

He put $9 million per year into his own mediocre players in Crosby and Perry, when that could have easily gotten a equal or better kicker and a difference maker at ILB in Trevathan. Not only that, we lost out on a guy who wanted to win and play in GB. We could have gone into the draft with few glaring needs, but now we still have the same main freaking one.

This is inexcusable, IMO. So much for players not wanting to come to the table being the issue.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If it is true that TT did not contact Danny Trevathan, without hearing from TT himself, we can really only conclude that he wasn't interested in Trevathan, Packers are saving cap space of something else or he does not think that the ILB position is in as dire straights as some of us do. Maybe he thinks Barrington coming back and Ryan will have a strong enough sophomore campaign is all the position needs. I'm leaning towards this being the scenario in his head. I don't agree with it, but I'm not TT and just a fan.

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you know about Trevathan that Ted and Mike and co. don't know? So arrogant as a fan to think that just because you saw a dude play in the Superbowl and wanted him, that makes the GM a piece of crap for not wanting him also. I mean we're almost out of cap space just after re-signing Perry, so it's not like we had a heap of cash to throw around.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I´ve mentioned in another thread Thompson not even contacting Trevathan is extremely disappointing and absolutely mind-boggling. I agree with you that I´m in favor of not overpaying for unrestricted free agents but not even inquiring about the asking price of a player perfectly suited to fill a hole on the team is inexcusable.

I am a TT fan but I am with you for the most part. What does it hurt to inquire unless the Packers just dont think Trevathan is that good. I guess that could be a reason. I honestly dont watch enough to know how good he is but people here liked him so I was intrigued. Maybe the Packers simply didnt like him that much.

I like Ryan more than you so I am fine going into the season with him as a starter I just want one ILB who can cover. I would feel good about our defense with that. Well and add another big guy up front. On offense I just want a TE and back up rb. This team doesnt have a ton of holes but I hope TT will use free agency to fill at least one.

D

Deleted member 6794

What do you know about Trevathan that Ted and Mike and co. don't know? So arrogant as a fan to think that just because you saw a dude play in the Superbowl and wanted him, that makes the GM a piece of crap for not wanting him also. I mean we're almost out of cap space just after re-signing Perry, so it's not like we had a heap of cash to throw around.

Trevathan was widely considered the best three down inside linebacker available in free agency and Thompson not even inquring about his asking price is disappointing at best. The Packers are almost out of cap space because TT decided to use more than $12 million of it on mostly mediocre players in Perry, Guion, Crosby and Taylor.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Is it possible that they did their homework on Trevathan earlier than this and decided he was not a good fit for the team in ways other than athletic prowess?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you're going to restrict folks to only posting facts, this is going to be a very quiet neighborhood. People who want an upgrade at a position and see someone available, who has demonstrated the ability, ought to be able to throw out that opinion without personal attack. Don't think the poster is arrogant for voicing the stance, nor (admittedly not having re-read everything) said TT is a piece of crap. The Perry signing came after Trev signed, so if cap space is an issue, then perhaps the discussion is which of the two we'd rather have. Also, this smacks of the "you don't get paid to make these decisions, so your opinions don't count" stance, and I've always maintained that there are fans and others who've chose other careers who could still make better calls - ask the Miller-era Lions fans.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am a TT fan but I am with you for the most part. What does it hurt to inquire unless the Packers just dont think Trevathan is that good. I guess that could be a reason. I honestly dont watch enough to know how good he is but people here liked him so I was intrigued. Maybe the Packers simply didnt like him that much.

I would be fine with Thompson not agreeing that Trevathan would have been a great fit but unfortunately I think TT not even contacting him suggests there is a pattern with him not being interested in even talking to free agents because he won´t participate in it at all.

I like Ryan more than you so I am fine going into the season with him as a starter I just want one ILB who can cover. I would feel good about our defense with that. Well and add another big guy up front. On offense I just want a TE and back up rb. This team doesnt have a ton of holes but I hope TT will use free agency to fill at least one.

I would be OK with Ryan starting at one inside linebacker spot but we desperately need to get a better coverage ILB to play opposite of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Did we ever hear if TT had any real interest in Forte or any of the FA TE's that have been signed? If nothing else, Trevathan's comment got his now division rival fans buzzing like hornets. Well played Danny. :coffee:

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Isnt it possible that the Packers did not believe Trevathan was as good of a player as many fans believe? The fact he didnt get a big payday sort of shows he isnt valued as highly by nf GMs. It is difficult to judge a guy when he is surrounded by a lot of talent. Maybe the Packers dont believe he is much of an upgrade over Barrington and Ryan.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we ever hear if TT had any real interest in Forte or any of the FA TE's that have been signed? If nothing else, Trevathan's comment got his now league rival fans buzzing like hornets. Well played Danny. :coffee:
Something I heard is "Packers were not able to offer him a starting spot". The context of this led me to believe the Packers made at least verbal offers greater money, but Forte opted to play where he could start.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The only way we get answers to all of these questions would be to sneak into TT's office and grab his spreadsheets. Now if all you find are crossword puzzles and Jumbles......hmmmmmm

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're going to restrict folks to only posting facts, this is going to be a very quiet neighborhood. People who want an upgrade at a position and see someone available, who has demonstrated the ability, ought to be able to throw out that opinion without personal attack. Don't think the poster is arrogant for voicing the stance, nor (admittedly not having re-read everything) said TT is a piece of crap. The Perry signing came after Trev signed, so if cap space is an issue, then perhaps the discussion is which of the two we'd rather have. Also, this smacks of the "you don't get paid to make these decisions, so your opinions don't count" stance, and I've always maintained that there are fans and others who've chose other careers who could still make better calls - ask the Miller-era Lions fans.

Everyone should be able to voice their own opinion blah blah blah. Forgive me if I get tired of hearing every single year during free agency, and regarding multiple free agent players, that Ted should be fired for not bringing in some guy that some fan wanted on the team. It's just silly.

D

Deleted member 6794

Forgive me if I get tired of hearing every single year during free agency, and regarding multiple free agent players, that Ted should be fired for not bringing in some guy that some fan wanted on the team. It's just silly.

On the other side it´s silly as well to mostly ignore two out of three methods available to improve a team.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it is true that TT did not contact Danny Trevathan, without hearing from TT himself, we can really only conclude that he wasn't interested in Trevathan, Packers are saving cap space of something else or he does not think that the ILB position is in as dire straights as some of us do. Maybe he thinks Barrington coming back and Ryan will have a strong enough sophomore campaign is all the position needs. I'm leaning towards this being the scenario in his head. I don't agree with it, but I'm not TT and just a fan.
Counting on players to have strong second years is what got us into the mess at WR last year. To say Trevathan is no better than two guys who have proven nothing is ridiculous. He started for the best defense in the league, when our ILBs played on average defenses and were still weak.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Counting on players to have strong second years is what got us into the mess at WR last year. To say Trevathan is no better than two guys who have proven nothing is ridiculous. He started for the best defense in the league, when our ILBs played on average defenses and were still weak.

Barrington was out for most of the season last year, so hard to say what he will bring to the ILB position in 2016. I'm not saying I agree with not going after Travathan, I was merely stating where Teds head may be. As much as I like to sit back and play armchair QB, I acknowledge that I have about 10% of the information that TT has.

As far as "the mess at WR" being caused by second year WR's, I think that mess extended way beyond just that.

D

Deleted member 6794

Barrington was out for most of the season last year, so hard to say what he will bring to the ILB position in 2016. I'm not saying I agree with not going after Travathan, I was merely stating where Teds head may be. As much as I like to sit back and play armchair QB, I acknowledge that I have about 10% of the information that TT has.

I would be absolutely shocked if Thompson thinks that either Barrington or Ryan are even close to being as good of a coverage inside linebacker than Trevathan.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, you're playing armchair GM, but we understand.

As far as "the mess at WR" being caused by second year WR's, I think that mess extended way beyond just that.

Actually, you're playing armchair GM, but we understand. :) My point in the forum, however, is that TT gets megabucks for doing what he does, and his decisions affect a lot of people. Our armchair decisions are for entertainment purposes, only.

Members online

Latest posts