When or Should We fire TT?

• After this Year

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Give him another Year

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ha! As if Mark Murphy has the balls to do that?

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • TT until Aaron Rodgers career is wasted away

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I like him, let's keep him

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of a few years ago when we posters were saying TT should be more like the 49ers GM.

Good thing TT didn't agree.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ive been back and forth many times with this question. and right now i really have no idea.

what player that could've been attained through FA the last 1-3 years could've helped win the game last night?

revis? that would've killed the cap space and our corners did their job very well last night.
Terrence Knighton? we held arizona to like 50 rush yards last night...

but on the other hand, julius thomas? yea he most likely would've been a solid guy to have on offense this year. i wanted him even with jordy in the fold. Doesn't matter if you say he was a product of manning and a good offense it would've been the same thing with aaron.
I like RR and think hell do well with 2 TE sets but it seems like he isnt a true number one. maybe that can change he is still young and he needs to slim down and work on his speed. (might be asking too much though)

trades are another animal too though. We wouldve liked to be in on the jimmy graham trade or traded for joe thomas at the deadline but maybe TT has tried. we dont know what goes down behind closed doors.

I really hope he can trade for another offensive linemen. unit played strong last night but its clear we still need depth at the position. Injuries and inconsistency are strongly linked with our o line and itd be a huge risk going into next season without another adding legit guy.

PRAY THE TE FROM BAMA OJ HOWARD DECLARES FOR THE DRAFT.
hes the guy. he is definitely the guy

D

Deleted member 6794

Shoot cap, it was essentially the same unit minus 77, that ostensibly won the Super Bowl the year prior

True, there´s no denying though that it took Thompson way too long to replace Jenkins. Nick Collins going down in the second game of the 2011 season hurt the defense tremendously as well.

Randy S.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would fire McCarthy before TT
I agree 100%. Watching the game Saturday just re enforced all my previous post that MM and his play calling is the real problem. If MM can't give up the stupid play calling then it might be time for him to go along with TT. GB didn't change their blocking sceam from the last meeting with the Cardinal. The Cardinals changed their thinking MM would change. Worked for us but the same stupid plays were called. Also the receivers have to be looked at in depth this off season. Like everyone has said, Rogers is getting older and they need receives who don't stop after they run their pattern and stand they with their fingers up their back side wondering what do I do now....

D

Deleted member 6794

By my eye, Rodgers was a better QB in 2012 and 2013 than 2014 and 2015. He was able to throw his WRs open in such a way DBs were at a significant disadvantage when coupled with his lifhtning fast delivery. I don't see that anymore.

Once again, I don´t disagree with you about this season but Rodgers was playing some of his best football in 2014.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Watching the game Saturday just re enforced all my previous post that MM and his play calling is the real problem. If MM can't give up the stupid play calling then it might be time for him to go along with TT. GB didn't change their blocking sceam from the last meeting with the Cardinal. The Cardinals changed their thinking MM would change. Worked for us but the same stupid plays were called. Also the receivers have to be looked at in depth this off season. Like everyone has said, Rogers is getting older and they need receives who don't stop after they run their pattern and stand they with their fingers up their back side wondering what do I do now....

They beat us bad just a few weeks ago, and now we play them without our top three receivers, lose Hyde and go from 9 sacks to one. You want to put that on MM? Un- freakin believable.

I just watched the game again and was amazed at how we played one of the best teams in the NFL. I can't believe how many "fans" on here whine. Sorry mods, but at the risk of a ban, this was an amazing game, and many on this forum fake being real fans.

This team changed in a few weeks, from getting blown out to nearly winning. It is apparent to me many here have never really played sports in a competitive nature. It is hard to win it all. Every one has you in their sights. Sometimes you are their "Super Bowl". Division games are always hard. If anything, I put a bit of blame on Rodgers. He has not looked the same this season, bouncing passes or overthrowing them at times. Yet in crunch time, he has made plays.

I certainly will not knock Capers for a superb gameplan in the last two weeks. Nor can I blame MM for the last two weeks. And it is, at least to me, apparent that TT has provided good players to fill in when players get hurt. Patrick Peterson, one of the very best players in the league, took away one of our top receivers and two young, untested guys stepped up huge. Not easy to do when you draft in the bottom of the draft every year, because you are in the playoffs every year.

I am excited for this team next year. This was a gutsy recovery for a team many thought had no chance. I only hope real Packer fans see what happened a couple of days ago and can stop being so flipping negative about my beloved team.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am excited for this team next year. This was a gutsy recovery for a team many thought had no chance. I only hope real Packer fans see what happened a couple of days ago and can stop being so flipping negative about my beloved team.

I am not one of the whiners. I was very impressed with how the whole team rose up the past two weeks. Not content with losing one bit, but after these losses i usually cringe when i watch the replays even if we do some good but this time I was actually really happy with the plays that we made and what they will mean for those guys going forward.

You gotta love what you saw from Randall and Clinton-Dix. Every reason to believe those guys can be all-pros in this league. Shields played pretty damn good also. You better believe hell be working on ball skills this off season. I also think had he not missed a month going into this game, he comes up with at least one of those picks. It was obviously a serious concussion and I bet his awareness and senses would've been elevated had he not been dealing with that.

And ill say what no one else is, that long run by lacy simply shows that he can still be an effective player. I have all the optimism in the world that hell get back to form next season and I hope the coaches and teammates push him into doing that. Really hope the guy knows how important he is and can be to the team, and hope he wants to get there. I don't think its too much of an uphill battle either but hes gotta start ASAP.

I think last two weeks and wins in minnesota/oakland was proof that there are definitely many reasons to be optimistic going into next season instead of potentially missing the playoffs or getting bounced by the redskins in wild card round which would've left us all on edge.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Watching the game Saturday just re enforced all my previous post that MM and his play calling is the real problem. If MM can't give up the stupid play calling then it might be time for him to go along with TT. GB didn't change their blocking sceam from the last meeting with the Cardinal. The Cardinals changed their thinking MM would change. Worked for us but the same stupid plays were called.
How has the Packers offense performed since McCarthy arrived? McCarthy has called the plays for all but part of this season since he arrived so if you're right, the Packers must not have been very good on offense with McCarthy calling the plays, right? Do you know their average finish in the league in points scored per game under McCarthy?

Why would you criticize McCarthy for not changing the blocking scheme when the offense improved significantly from the earlier game? They went from 26 rushes for 101 yards to 22 for 135. Rodgers went from 15/28 for 151 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT and being sacked 8 times to 24/44 for 261, 2 TDs and 1 INT and being sacked once. To the degree the blocking scheme affected those numbers that looks like improvement in every area, doesn't it? And which plays were stupid?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you admit you don’t have anything to back up your statement that Thompson ‘admitted his worst move was not signing Wahle and Rivera’. I assume you just made that up. You didn’t know Wahle’s contract situation in 2005 and you continue to ignore that Wahle’s and Rivera’s signing bonuses were a combined $19M and that the Packers were over the cap before the 2005 season. He could have drafted a top OG? Well he used his first three picks on Aaron Rodgers, Nick Collins, and Terrence Murphy, a WR with great potential IMO whose career ended before it got started with an injury. He did draft OGs Coston and Whitticker and he acquired 27-year old Klemm and Matt O’Dwyer and re-signed Grey Ruegamer to compete with Kevin Barry and Scott Wells at the OG spots. He didn’t work out but the “high schooler” Klemm was the first player Bill Belichick's NE front office drafted. (BTW he was certainly a flash in the pan but in 8 games in 2005, Samkon Gado gained 582 yards, scored 7 TDs and averaged 4.1 yards per carry.)

But why argue with someone who actually, incredibly believes drafting Aaron Rodgers was a major blunder? That Thompson was “forced to sign Rodgers and forget the rest of the roster. Just a major blunder by TT.” In another post I wrote, “According to you, drafting Rodgers was a major blunder. Why in the world would a Packers fan post such a thing?” Why would a Packers fan post such a thing? I think the answer to that question was provided when you posted this: “No wonder Favre wanted to get back at him”.
No, I just don't feel like sifting through years of Packers.com articles. My memory is crystal clear. And Belichick knows when to part with a player that is a bust. TT tried to hide from the criticism and Favre did a good job of being a team guy and holding his tongue. But later on his feelings were exposed. It's good to see McGinn finally coming out and exposing the Albino.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had HOF o-l, q/b, wr- and rb...to go along with PrimeTime

since then, what have the Boys done with Jerry's way?
Give credit to Jerry for trying. He loves the Cowboys and he loves his fans and if one player can make a difference hell go for it. In the last 25 years we have 2 SBs. Jerry has 3.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Give credit to Jerry for trying. He loves the Cowboys and he loves his fans and if one player can make a difference hell go for it. In the last 25 years we have 2 SBs. Jerry has 3.

We went to 3 since Jerry's last SB win

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT needs to go. Getting to the playoffs every year isn't good enough anymore when you have a once in a lifetime QB. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks because he’s too stubborn to use free agency and trades. New England is a prime example of a team who utilizes the draft and free agency as well as trades. They understand they have a once in a lifetime QB and they try to improve the team around him constantly. (Rodgers is only getting older) For instance, signing Revis, Amendola, Talib, Jabaal Sheard or Trading for Akeem Ayers, Randy Moss, Chad Ochocinco, Albert Haynesworth. Some of these moves may have been busts, but who cares if it was for a late round pick, which rarely pans out. Half the time the team finds better undrafted players than the late picks anyways. TT values 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks way too much and it causes the Pack to miss out on talented players who can contribute when it counts most in the playoffs. At one point in time, TT could have had Lynch for a 3rd round pick from the Bills…. a 3rd pick. Instead he wastes those picks on players like Khyri Thornton… Are u kidding me? And don’t give me that crap that it will hurt the cap to do that when the Packers have more than enough cap space. Don’t get me wrong, I think the draft and develop philosophy is great, but free agent pick ups and trades need to happen occasionally because not all picks pan out (i.e. Harrell, Carrol, Thronton, Worthy, Alex Green, Datone Jones, Davante Adams, Carl Bradford)….I think John Schneider needs to come home to Green Bay… that rumor about a clause in his contract to come to GB if the GM spot is open could be true. He is much more like Ron Wolf who wasn't afraid to make a move to get a few big name free agents or players in a trade and look what it did for the Pack then! Out with the old, in with the new I say! Go Pack! Beat the Cardinals!
There's 30 other teams *****ing the same ***** as you right now. I bet the Cardinal fans are up in arms right now saying the same stuff. If they were to firs Ted he would be hired by someone else in about a day and in a couple of years he would be kicking Green Bay's every time they met!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No, I just don't feel like sifting through years of Packers.com articles.
More than a week after the post of mine you quoted and you couldn’t find anything. As I posted: you made it up.
McGinn finally coming out and exposing the Albino.
And there is the answer to why would a Packers fan call the drafting of Rodgers a major blunder. A Packers fan wouldn’t. But a Favre fan would.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will state I believe an option should have been, "No better option available or that would leave and come...TT is a top 5 so lets keep him."

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More than a week after the post of mine you quoted and you couldn’t find anything. As I posted: you made it up. And there is the answer to why would a Packers fan call the drafting of Rodgers a major blunder. A Packers fan wouldn’t. But a Favre fan would.

Not necessarily a Favre fan, a lot of arm chair GMs excoriate TT for not being more aggressive in the offseason/draft day or in season trades/not picking who they or the draftsperts want. They don't realize how many GMs never win a super bowl, or for that matter how many GMs flame out.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More than a week after the post of mine you quoted and you couldn’t find anything. As I posted: you made it up. And there is the answer to why would a Packers fan call the drafting of Rodgers a major blunder. A Packers fan wouldn’t. But a Favre fan would.
Start reading a newer one from jsonline.com
Green Bay— The nightmare scenario unraveled exactly 10 years ago. Ted Thompson took over as the Green Bay Packers general manager and let both of his starting guards walk.

Marco Rivera to the Dallas Cowboys at $20 million over five years ($8.125 million signing bonus). See ya!

Mike Wahle cut, then signed by the Carolina Panthers at $27 million over five years ($8 million). Bye!

The result was an abysmal 4-12 record in 2005 — the team's worst record in the last 23 seasons — and Mike Sherman was fired. Yes, offensive line coach Larry Beightol remembers this avalanche of events well.

The lesson?

Never underestimate continuity on an NFL offensive line.

"No question," Beightol said from his home in Fayetteville, Ark. "And they'll screw up if they let those guys go. You mark my word on it. Hey, if Ted Thompson called me I'd tell him the same thing. It takes awhile for those guys to come around and play like they have to play in the National Football League. And not many people realize that."

Quarterback Aaron Rodgers was the league's MVP. Eddie Lacy asserted himself as a top-tier running back with 1,747 yards in 18 games. Wide receiver Jordy Nelson was a Pro Bowl selection.

And the Packers' offensive line was central to all the success. Now, right tackle Bryan Bulaga is a free agent, widely considered the No. 1 tackle on the market. Teammates, opponents and yes, Beightol, know chemistry up front is rare. This takes years to establish and millions of dollars to sustain. Money might've been tight in 2005; it's not now.

Together, David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Corey Linsley, T.J. Lang and Bulaga formed the best front five since Beightol's outfit. Next week, it's in danger of losing its no-surprises wall of a right tackle.

"That's one year of us together," Bakhtiari said. "You're going to have an older, wiser David. I don't even know where Josh's ceiling is because every year he gets better and better. It's disgusting. Nobody's going to be a rookie anymore. Corey is going to take a big jump. And then you have T.J., one of the most underrated guys. Then you have Bryan, who's one of if not the best tackle in the league.

"Keep us all together for another year, I don't even know how good we can be. I say that in a good way. I have no idea. I know for damn sure it's going to be good — I just don't know how good."

So, first, look back to March 2005 when a comparable line crumbled.

Before Thompson even took over, Beightol remembers telling then-GM Sherman that the team could sign Rivera at a reasonable price. A price, he said, that "wasn't outrageous," rather much less than what he ended up getting from Dallas. The team lost both, signed Adrian Klemm and Matt O'Dwyer and 2005 was a disaster.

Beightol estimates that losing Wahle and Rivera alone cost Green Bayfourwins. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Through the grapevine, he'd hear that Sherman wanted one player to start...Thompson wanted another...and himself a third. The trio never discussed anything as a group. The front five — with Mike Flanagan also battling a hernia injury — eroded into an unmitigated mess.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another reason why the Albino is a bonehead:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT needs to go. Getting to the playoffs every year isn't good enough anymore when you have a once in a lifetime QB. You can’t teach an old dog new tricks because he’s too stubborn to use free agency and trades. New England is a prime example of a team who utilizes the draft and free agency as well as trades. They understand they have a once in a lifetime QB and they try to improve the team around him constantly. (Rodgers is only getting older) For instance, signing Revis, Amendola, Talib, Jabaal Sheard or Trading for Akeem Ayers, Randy Moss, Chad Ochocinco, Albert Haynesworth. Some of these moves may have been busts, but who cares if it was for a late round pick, which rarely pans out. Half the time the team finds better undrafted players than the late picks anyways. TT values 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks way too much and it causes the Pack to miss out on talented players who can contribute when it counts most in the playoffs. At one point in time, TT could have had Lynch for a 3rd round pick from the Bills…. a 3rd pick. Instead he wastes those picks on players like Khyri Thornton… Are u kidding me? And don’t give me that crap that it will hurt the cap to do that when the Packers have more than enough cap space. Don’t get me wrong, I think the draft and develop philosophy is great, but free agent pick ups and trades need to happen occasionally because not all picks pan out (i.e. Harrell, Carrol, Thronton, Worthy, Alex Green, Datone Jones, Davante Adams, Carl Bradford)….I think John Schneider needs to come home to Green Bay… that rumor about a clause in his contract to come to GB if the GM spot is open could be true. He is much more like Ron Wolf who wasn't afraid to make a move to get a few big name free agents or players in a trade and look what it did for the Pack then! Out with the old, in with the new I say! Go Pack! Beat the Cardinals!

This is the dedication I am looking for. Getting to the playoffs is NOT enough. Totally agree.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Start reading a newer one from jsonline.com...
You posted 'Thompson admitted his worst move was his failure to sign either Rivera and Wahle'. Looks like you've spent some time searching now yet you still haven’t substantiated that. Nothing you posted supports that. You made it up. And you are apparently so blinded by your love of Favre and hatred for Thompson you can't recognize the roster and cap situation GM Sherman left for Thompson to inherit in 2005.

You posted and continue to support the idea that drafting Aaron Rodgers was a major blunder. There's no nice way to characterize that: It is as idiotic an idea as has been posted on this, or any other board. You apparently think drafting a future HOF QB at #24 was a mistake because it didn't help Favre. I don't remember even another Favre-first fan posting something so foolish. With Packers "fans" like you, who needs Bears fans? IMO you have zero credibility as a Packers fan or NFL fan.

Last edited:

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another reason why the Albino is a bonehead:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I've posted this before and I'll post it again. Regardless of your point, if you want to be respected and not just seen as a troll or what-not on this forum there's ways to go about a respectable debate.

Name-calling, especially criticizing something as useless in running football operations as the pigment of someone's skin, is not the way to do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts