TT Loves FAVRE, Here's Why!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The only comment I have about the cap room is that Ted has benefitted from 2 straight years of record increases in cap due to the CBA. Where in 2003 and 2004 were less an 1% and less than a 5% growth in the other.

Ted has managed the cap well with the influx of younger players and front loaded contracts, but don't praise his as a guru because of two record years in cap growth.

Fair is Fair...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only comment I have about the cap room is that Ted has benefitted from 2 straight years of record increases in cap due to the CBA. Where in 2003 and 2004 were less an 1% and less than a 5% growth in the other.

Ted has managed the cap well with the influx of younger players and front loaded contracts, but don't praise his as a guru because of two record years in cap growth.

Fair is Fair...

You manage with what you have. Mike Sherman had the best "0" line in football and did not address the impending situation with any contingency whatsoever. That's on him any way you slice it. He didn't even have a frigging backup player to step in for crying out loud.

Secondly, it's not like Ted Thompson was the only one to get more money to work with. THEY ALL got more money so it's all relative to how you manage it because they players end up getting more because of the availability. How do you think A. Green get's a salary like that?

It PUTS NO LESS STRESS on money management and actually leads to more potential disasters for washouts that will be paid in future years that are less generous with cap increases.

The increase had way less impact regarding the number of players that could be signed and way more impact on how much money players were going to get.

It boils down to the same thing. WHO ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE IT TO and it's no less complicated for TT than it was for MS.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The "could have" kept Wahle deal is a lot more complicated than many here would like to make it. We keep Wahle and bend over for Walker and pay Green and what happens when we need to direct money to Harris, Barnett, Kampman, Driver, et. Does it leave money to bring in Woodson and Pickett?

that is what probably would have happened..

From the way it looks, all of it would have crashed no matter what, and I think the brass decided to let it crash the 1st year

Staff online

Latest posts