Favre > Rodgers > Love

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cassette, naturally. 8 track, was a real mood shatterer clicking to the next channel half way through a song. It was a Cutlass Supreme with a "genuine" imitation leather split bench seat no less.
I bet the mileage with that bad boy was stellar.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
None of this is journalism.
The actual journalism took place seven years ago.
The video is the journalist's opinion of what has transpired to the original subject over the past seven years.
In its own words, the linked article calls the video a "critique" (fancy word for opinion) of Rodgers.
Which makes the linked article a review of an opinion.
Also, not journalism.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
And your point?

Opinion journalism is journalism that makes no claim of objectivity. Although distinguished from advocacy journalism in several ways, both forms feature a subjective viewpoint, usually with some social or political purpose.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And your point?

Opinion journalism is journalism that makes no claim of objectivity. Although distinguished from advocacy journalism in several ways, both forms feature a subjective viewpoint, usually with some social or political purpose.
The lead-in to your whole post was to establish Kines as a "journalist." Only now are you revealing that the video was "opinion journalism" (a fancy term "hit piece").

As soon as the video started, I saw the sign on her back table "Dogs Welcome People Tolerated." Could pretty much guess where the piece would go...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cassette, naturally. 8 track, was a real mood shatterer clicking to the next channel half way through a song. It was a Cutlass Supreme with a "genuine" imitation leather split bench seat no less.
Was it the brougham?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The lead-in to your whole post was to establish Kines as a "journalist." Only now are you revealing that the video was "opinion journalism" (a fancy term "hit piece").

As soon as the video started, I saw the sign on her back table "Dogs Welcome People Tolerated." Could pretty much guess where the piece would go...
He said she was a respected journalist. And she nailed his feelings about Rodgers.

You don't have to nit pick all his words.

In other words. it was his opinion

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Was it the brougham?
It was. I loved that car. Started rusting when I was college but still, sold it to a guy who restored 72's and he parted it out for 4 years. I felt like an organ donor. Jitney had just short of 200k miles on her.
I almost bought her twin sister about 10 years ago - wife didn't like the notion of pulling $20k out of savings so I could re-live my youthful debauchery.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Right, why listen to someone speaking in front of a sign like that? An intelligent person instantly knows that whatever she says is immediately incorrect due to that sign. :rolleyes:

The lead in to my whole post was a quote from the article. Which I am pretty sure you probably didn't fully read, if at all. Why would I have to "reveal that the video was opinion journalism"? Anybody with half a brain and listened to the entire video would know that it was her opinion. She even stated: "I really hate giving unique insight into any athlete that I've spent like 24 hours with," Kimes said.

I'm glad that I can live rent free in your head and when you see my posts, you most likely pace back and forth, frantically trying to come up with an equally intelligent quip back.

He said she was a respected journalist. And she nailed his feelings about Rodgers.

You don't have to nit pick all his words.

In other words. it was his opinion

Well said.

I find it ironic that a poster like @games insists that because it was an opinion, obviously one that doesn't align with his own opinion, nobody should treat it as "journalism".

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
QB comparisons, psychological self-help, M.A S.H. scenes, woes of 70s music playback technology, state of modern "journalism", . . . This thread has it all!
Yeah... where the hell have you been? I can't do it all, man. :sneaky:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah... where the hell have you been? I can't do it all, man. :sneaky:
The title was misleading. Was started when I was on hiatus. My math background led me to believe it was a ranking of QBs. As in Favre "is greater than" Rodgers which was a ridiculous statement.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
See, I read it as: Favre TO Rodgers TO Love --- but I came up through the income generation side of my business ... the numbers guys were an expense. :whistling: Still, that never stopped me from running a thread down the drain.

Members online

Latest posts