Favre > Rodgers > Love

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So basically if it weren't for AR not throwing to young receivers he might have been pretty good and put up some decent numbers over the years.
Definitely true in 2022. His arm was SO strong and accurate, he had the luxury of going pretty much anywhere he wanted with any ball. They say the toughest prisons from which to escape are those we design for ourselves. Rodgers got SO impatient with the young WRs (Watson, Doubs, Toure) that he just took way more sacks than he needed.

I'm a 12 stan but it was time for him to go. But, if Rodgers were here this year, we would NEVER have gotten to see the rise of Reed, Wicks and Melton.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams was the only WR the Packers had in Rodgers last few years who got open. Does that mean Love would have only thrown to Adams as well?

Only half joking there. I'd take any one of the 2023 WRs over any of the Packers WRs from 2017- 2021 not named Adams. Well, I'd probably take Lazard over Heath and Melton but thats about it.
I was sad to see Lazard as a healthy scratch for the Jets in a few late season games. I take my car for servicing at the dealership in Ames he worked at as a porter when he went to Iowa State. People were HIGHLY complimentary of Lazard as a person and a worker. No entitlement. Wanted to learn the business and do a good job.

Heath's vicious blocking reminded me a lot of Lazard. I do wonder if Watson catches the first ball of the 2022 season thrown by Rodgers, if it doesn't change the complexion of last season. Oh well...

Reaction score
Heath's vicious blocking reminded me a lot of Lazard. I do wonder if Watson catches the first ball of the 2022 season thrown by Rodgers, if it doesn't change the complexion of last season. Oh well...
I think that drop was the catalyst for his mid season surge. It’s also very possible it even energized that surge.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, Watson had a mid season surge? How could that be, he was a rookie last year?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you give me the apparently vast list of reliable receivers the Packers had during Rodgers' last few years? And please, try not to start laughing when you type out Alan Lazard and MVS.
There were many instances where guys were open and Rodgers refused to throw to them and instead throw incomplete to double and even triple covered Adams. There were times he even opted to take sacks instead.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were many instances where guys were open and Rodgers refused to throw to them and instead throw incomplete to double and even triple covered Adams. There were times he even opted to take sacks instead.

Oh, so when you were refuting the point about reliable receivers being on the roster...you were actually talking about armchair QB'ing instances where WRs were open? Cause that's a completely different discussion. Rodgers missed open receivers; I can't think of a QB in history that never missed open receivers. You should be clearer when you try to sarcastically rebut a poster's point with a nonsensical quip.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, so when you were refuting the point about reliable receivers being on the roster...you were actually talking about armchair QB'ing instances where WRs were open? Cause that's a completely different discussion. Rodgers missed open receivers; I can't think of a QB in history that never missed open receivers. You should be clearer when you try to sarcastically rebut a poster's point with a nonsensical quip.
Now you are being obtuse.. Go back 10-15 months on this board and read the posts from multiple posters, citing articles and videos, of Rodgers forcing "take a shot" throws to double covered "his guys" instead of taking the wide open check down on 3 & 2.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, I'm done with you. I resisted putting you on permanent ignore (on the advice of many who have already done so) on the off chance that you might be able to maintain some degree of civility, but you can't resist being a smug, insufferable pissant long enough to even try to have a conversation. On top of that, you constantly twist people's words and throw up straw men when you can't argue the facts. See ya.

Reaction score
Now you are being obtuse.. Go back 10-15 months on this board and read the posts from multiple posters, citing articles and videos, of Rodgers forcing "take a shot" throws to double covered "his guys" instead of taking the wide open check down on 3 & 2.
Interesting I just witnessed it in a Chicago vs Packers game in the cold that I watched highlights. It was the one where Lacy was our RB and Cobb caught go ahead TD with under 2:00 left. Aaron threw a pass to Jordy (that was behind him btw) that Jordy dropped. I think it was JJ? that was literally 5 yards beyond the Safety throwing his arms up because it was an easy TD missed on blown coverage by the Bears (again).
The game was cold. But it definitely reminded me that Rodgers was NOT immune from mistakes. Some people act like he was perfect, but he was a little “too perfect” at select times and missed some key opportunities to advance us imo.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, I get it, Rodgers was a bad QB last season (only average for the NFL). That's not what I was originally discussing. I was initially discussing the apparent plethora of reliable receivers that were on the roster that I was unaware of over the last few years. If you want to rehash Rodgers failings with a group of rookie receivers then let's do it. Rodgers was subpar last season.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was initially discussing the apparent plethora of reliable receivers that were on the roster that I was unaware of over the last few years.
See... THIS is your problem. NOBODY ever said this. But you take things people say, exaggerate them into something ridiculous and then argue with them based on your own exaggerations. And you expect to be taken seriously?

Reaction score
Yes, I get it, Rodgers was a bad QB last season (only average for the NFL). That's not what I was originally discussing. I was initially discussing the apparent plethora of reliable receivers that were on the roster that I was unaware of over the last few years. If you want to rehash Rodgers failings with a group of rookie receivers then let's do it. Rodgers was subpar last season.
One thing is for certain. Rodgers WR group last season was far more experienced. I’d put that group pretty equal realm to our current production. Yet Aaron himself seemed to go through the motions. Love is so refreshing to this team after all the drama we had. I suppose we could say similar from Favre to Rodgers. Sometimes it just gets stale.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing is for certain. Rodgers WR group last season was far more experienced. I’d put that group pretty equal realm to our current production. Yet Aaron himself seemed to go through the motions. Love is so refreshing to this team after all the drama we had. I suppose we could say similar from Favre to Rodgers. Sometimes it just gets stale.
Rodgers also seemed to "check down" to a safety valve more than prior years, like to Dillon and Jones. It seems like Love is finding more downfield. In fact, one of Love's faults we saw this year was forcing balls downfield (many still caught!) when he had a clean checkdown (usually Dillon) available. Again, to your point, Rodgers might have been getting stale, risk averse, and just taking the clean look. Love's making it an adventure! (I'm sure I won't be calling it that if he starts misfiring. LOL.)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm done with you. I resisted putting you on permanent ignore (on the advice of many who have already done so) on the off chance that you might be able to maintain some degree of civility, but you can't resist being a smug, insufferable pissant long enough to even try to have a conversation. On top of that, you constantly twist people's words and throw up straw men when you can't argue the facts. See ya.
There ya go

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
See... THIS is your problem. NOBODY ever said this. But you take things people say, exaggerate them into something ridiculous and then argue with them based on your own exaggerations. And you expect to be taken seriously?
And why I put that person on ignore .

i tried to have a discussion but they just go so over board on topics . I just can’t

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NOW they are?

they always are

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I remember sitting in a bar with the Packers up two scores with five minutes to go. The lady next to me says "We're going to the Super Bowl!" I remember turning to her and saying "This game isn't over, yet." She said "Oh, shut up. They're gonna win."
Maybe if I had just kept my mouth shut, they would have won. I blame me.

The Seachickens needed everything to go right in the final four minutes. And it did.
So YOU'RE the guy - I heard about you sayin' that. You're the guy who called down the wrath of the thing!!

Truthfully, during that last 5 minutes, I could not fathom the amount of ineptness necessary to blow that game and thought that it would give McCarthy fodder to keep the Pack grounded prior to the Super Bowl. Never crossed my mind that the Midas Touch in reverse could lay its claim to the Packers that day.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So YOU'RE the guy - I heard about you sayin' that. You're the guy who called down the wrath of the thing!!

Truthfully, during that last 5 minutes, I could not fathom the amount of ineptness necessary to blow that game and thought that it would give McCarthy fodder to keep the Pack grounded prior to the Super Bowl. Never crossed my mind that the Midas Touch in reverse could lay its claim to the Packers that day.
Yeah, I'm the guy that didn't believe, chiding the drunk lady next to me who did believe.

In that same moment when you were thinking about the sheer ineptitude it would require to lose that game, and that Mike was going to rise to the occasion and keep the team in the moment...
...I was fuming knowing who our Defensive Coordinator was.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

My wife is to blame

She assured me they would win when they were up. Actually said. No way they can lose. I sat up from couch and said thanks, you just jinxed it

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm the guy that didn't believe, chiding the drunk lady next to me who did believe.

In that same moment when you were thinking about the sheer ineptitude it would require to lose that game, and that Mike was going to rise to the occasion and keep the team in the moment...
...I was fuming knowing who our Defensive Coordinator was.
The more things change .... eh?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife is to blame

She assured me they would win when they were up. Actually said. No way they can lose. I sat up from couch and said thanks, you just jinxed it
so @games was at your place getting your wife drunk?

Members online

Latest posts