Trade Possibilities

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I am interested if anyone thinks a trade is possible now that TT is out the door and if so, who from our end would make sense for the Packers to give up? Of course Jordy, Cobb and CM3 would be ideal but it’s unlikely another team will eat any of those salaries. What about Ty Montgomery? Still on a rookie contract. We don’t seem to need another RB and definitely do not need him at WR. What do you think we could get for him? Any other realistic players we could deal out to other teams?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Maybe Bulaga because of the lack of quality OT play, but with the understanding that the returns would reflect that he is only signed through this season and coming off an injury.

Patrick J. Costello

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmmm a trade? Thought we might the classic Lawrence Welk trade for John Schneider.
Pay cuts for Clay, Jordy , and Cobb if they wanna stay. Monty can b a receiver again. Better than Cobb and Jordy at this point.
Bulawayo broken, agree, give him a yr. if wants to come back.
Packers need so many quality starters the only trade value is Rogers...is Trent Dilfer available.

From my couch.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally do not seeing Green Bay trading Randall Cobb the dude is still young and valuable in the slot if if the stats don’t show if anything it would be Jordy getting restructured

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally do not seeing Green Bay trading Randall Cobb the dude is still young and valuable in the slot if if the stats don’t show if anything it would be Jordy getting restructured
Yes, but I would love to see us get him to restructure his deal. I wouldn’t doubt if Jordy hung up the cleats, for sure he needs to restructure.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but I would love to see us get him to restructure his deal. I wouldn’t doubt if Jordy hung up the cleats, for sure he needs to restructure.
Yeah def! I do think he still has a couple years and highly doubt he would leave if they ask to restructure he doesn’t wanna play no where else I think I also think his performance this year was a lack of talent at qb so I see a normal Jordy next year for sure. Now clay Matthews could be different story

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think the Packers have any player aside of Rodgers other teams would be inclined to give up a decent draft pick for. With the Packers most likely having 12 draft picks this spring and Gutekunst hopefully being more aggressive in free agency there's no need to trade away guys possibly having an impact next season. I agree that the Packers should definitely approach Matthews, Nelson and Cobb about restructuring their contracts.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers have any player aside of Rodgers other teams would be inclined to give up a decent draft pick for. With the Packers most likely having 12 draft picks this spring and Gutekunst hopefully being more aggressive in free agency there's no need to trade away guys possibly having an impact next season. I agree that the Packers should definitely approach Matthews, Nelson and Cobb about restructuring their contracts.

To Piggyback Captain's post. The only way the Packers trade someone like Matthews, Cobb or Nelson would be to get them to agree to a restructuring of their current contract and if they are willing to do that, I believe the Packers are better off keeping any of the 3 based on need.

With all the draft picks the Packers will have, their best option for a player trade, would be start trading away picks. However, with free agency and the way guys get cut do to unfriendly contracts, I just don't seen any "block buster" player for player trades in the Packers near future.

D

Deleted member 6794

With all the draft picks the Packers will have, their best option for a player trade, would be start trading away picks. However, with free agency and the way guys get cut do to unfriendly contracts, I just don't seen any "block buster" player for player trades in the Packers near future.

It's an interesting suggestion that the Packers could use some of this year's draft picks to acquire veteran players. There's no doubt the team has a lot of holes to fill to make moves like that.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Really?

I mean, we have a 26 year old LT who is a 2x All-Pro. I'd imagine we would get a decent pick for him. Same with Adams. And Clark. And Daniels. And Perry. A couple others. Let's not act like Rodgers is the only good player on the team, please.

D

Deleted member 6794

I mean, we have a 26 year old LT who is a 2x All-Pro. I'd imagine we would get a decent pick for him. Same with Adams. And Clark. And Daniels. And Perry. A couple others. Let's not act like Rodgers is the only good player on the team, please.

You're right but there's absolutely no way the Packers should even think about trading any of the players you mentioned.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't imagine anyone wanting to give up draft picks to get our overpriced players. The only one that could make a little bit of sense is trade Cobb to Cleveland to offer some veteran depth to the WR's they have, but it wouldn't be for much

D

Deleted member 6794

Can't imagine anyone wanting to give up draft picks to get our overpriced players. The only one that could make a little bit of sense is trade Cobb to Cleveland to offer some veteran depth to the WR's they have, but it wouldn't be for much

I don't believe any other team is interested in trading for Cobb as long as he doesn't agree to restructure his contract.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In general, fans make the mistake of thinking that other teams will want to trade for their own team's bad contracts.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's an interesting suggestion that the Packers could use some of this year's draft picks to acquire veteran players. There's no doubt the team has a lot of holes to fill to make moves like that.

So do you try to fill those holes with the 11 draft picks? Maybe we get lucky and 1 or 2 rookies are good enough to start in 2018, but history has shown that probably won't happen. If the Packers have a shot at trading a pick or 2 away for a starter, I would prefer that route. Obviously, I am talking 3d rounders and later.

This team isn't in full rebuild mode, so 11 picks hopefully won't turn into 11 rookies. I would much rather see some of those picks be traded for players or higher picks.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So do you try to fill those holes with the 11 draft picks? Maybe we get lucky and 1 or 2 rookies are good enough to start in 2018, but history has shown that probably won't happen. If the Packers have a shot at trading a pick or 2 away for a starter, I would prefer that route. Obviously, I am talking 3d rounders and later.

This team isn't in full rebuild mode, so 11 picks hopefully won't turn into 11 rookies. I would much rather see some of those picks be traded for players or higher picks.
Aside from the fact that the team obviously lacks talent, the new GM has been handed a pretty good situation with assets to help improve the team. We're going to find out very quickly how aggressive BGK will be.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Aside from the fact that the team obviously lacks talent, the new GM has been handed a pretty good situation with assets to help improve the team. We're going to find out very quickly how aggressive BGK will be.

Agreed. Starting your tenure with 11 picks in the draft and the #14 slot in all 7 rounds has to be looked upon as a good thing.

I'm hoping the Packers can "work" with their "old friend" John Dorsey and the Cleveland Browns. The Browns have amassed 12 picks, with 2 picks in the first round (#1 and #4) and 3 picks in the second round (#33, 35 and 60).

I doubt BK would even try to touch pick #1 or #4, due to the cost of doing so, but picks 33 or 35 would be nice.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's not a secret that I would like the Packers to add more veteran presence to the roster. Hopefully Gutekunst will be able to provide that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's not a secret that I would like the Packers to add more veteran presence to the roster. Hopefully Gutekunst will be able to provide that.

It's been my philosophy for quite awhile as well. ;) People can complain and blame injuries on losing, but injuries have been and will continue to be a part of the game. The better teams are prepared for the inevitable, with deeper more experienced rosters. Something TT failed at in my opinion, was having the "next man up" be someone who was actually ready to be that guy.