Trade Possibilities

D

Deleted member 6794

If you have faith in guys like Clark, Dupree, or you can legitimately get Jimmy Graham??

As far as having faith in Clark or Dupre.....Davis or Janis......none. While I think both Clark and Dupre may have some potential, I highly doubt we see it in 2018 and no way would I want to rely on it.

In addition the Packers wouldn't benefit a whole lot if Dupre ends up performing up to his perceived potential as he's currently on the Bills roster. ;)

Right, but I wouldn't be penciling Kendricks in as our #1 or maybe even as our #2 just yet. If getting a guy like Graham is contingent on having enough Cap space, I would be fine with letting Kendricks go.

The Packers releasing Kendricks most likely won't clear enough cap space to sign Graham.

Nelson should either restructure or retire...sorry but...yea. Cobb could be trade bait (49ers, Seahawks, Raiders, Chiefs, Colts), many teams could use a veteran slot receiver, except GB. Ty Montgomery replaces Cobb, still on his rookie contract, and opens the playbook with his versatility.

There's no way any team trades for Cobb as long as he's scheduled to earn close to $10 million next season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers releasing Kendricks most likely won't clear enough cap space to sign Graham.

No doubt Graham is going to cost more than the $1.625M the Packers would save by cutting Kendricks. All I meant was that if they had to justify money being allocated for TE's, I would be fine with that allocation going to Graham. However, now that I look closer at Kendricks contract and the numbers, he really isn't that expensive and I would rather roll with him, but we still need a #1 TE.

In addition the Packers wouldn't benefit a whole lot if Dupre ends up performing up to his perceived potential as he's currently on the Bills roster. ;)

I missed that one.....good catch. He was cut and never signed to the PS right? There goes our FHOF'er at WR :roflmao:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought kendricks had more potential than what I saw from him last season. he'll be cheap enough to keep, but he'll have to earn a spot. I hope they approach this season actively trying to replace guys at the TE position. all things equal I'd rather RR be the back up. Reliable and won't be expensive either.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine with Kendricks and Rodgers being #2 and #3 respectively (or interchangeably), but like many others, definitely feel that we need a #1 tight end.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I thought kendricks had more potential than what I saw from him last season. he'll be cheap enough to keep, but he'll have to earn a spot. I hope they approach this season actively trying to replace guys at the TE position. all things equal I'd rather RR be the back up. Reliable and won't be expensive either.

I'm in the same camp. Neither LK or RR are good enough to be starters, but are fine for depth. With Rodgers familiarity with AR and the system, he would be my preference between the 2 as well. If they strike out in Free Agency going after a top TE, I can only guess they will be trying to do that via the draft. Which would mean you probably need both LK and RR, until a rookie proves himself. Still have to resign RR though, but I doubt he is going to be a hot commodity on the FA market.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There's no way any team trades for Cobb as long as he's scheduled to earn close to $10 million next season.

There's enough cap space to sign graham without releasing anyone. But if graham is the starter I'd rather resign Rodgers and cut kndricks in favor of a rookie like mark Andrews or Troy fumagali. I don't think there's any point in trading Cobb even if you could what would you get a 5th round pick. I think he's much more valuable to Aaron Rodgers than he is to any other team. Might as well keep him and try to sign nelson and Matthews to 2/3 year extensions to lower their cap numbers. If you wanna resign cobb after 2018 deal with that then but hopefully we can add a more dynamic explosive player to fill cobbs role like Christian Kirk. But one last run with this core seems like the plan with the coaches and gm basically remaining status quo.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There's enough cap space to sign graham without releasing anyone. But if graham is the starter I'd rather resign Rodgers and cut kndricks in favor of a rookie like mark Andrews or Troy fumagali. I don't think there's any point in trading Cobb even if you could what would you get a 5th round pick. I think he's much more valuable to Aaron Rodgers than he is to any other team. Might as well keep him and try to sign nelson and Matthews to 2/3 year extensions to lower their cap numbers. If you wanna resign cobb after 2018 deal with that then but hopefully we can add a more dynamic explosive player to fill cobbs role like Christian Kirk. But one last run with this core seems like the plan with the coaches and gm basically remaining status quo.

I doubt you find a trade partner for Cobb, Jordy or Matthews, mainly due to the one year left on their current contracts. Only way to find a trade partner is to renegotiate their contracts, but if you can do that, than why not keep them? This would be a no brainer if the Packers can replace any of the 3 with an equal or better guy, but right now, I don't see that player on the current roster.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt you find a trade partner for Cobb, Jordy or Matthews, mainly due to the one year left on their current contracts. Only way to find a trade partner is to renegotiate their contracts, but if you can do that, than why not keep them? This would be a no brainer if the Packers can replace any of the 3 with an equal or better guy, but right now, I don't see that player on the current roster.

You could trade Matthews for the most I bet but yeah why would you even if you hit on a good pass rusher early in the draft 1-3 you still benefit from having Matthews as part of your pass rusher rotation. I say keep all 3

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wanted Hunter Henry coming out of the draft.....but we for sure needed defense.

A little late for Hunter Henry. The Chargers drafted him in 2016 in the second round.

Edit: It was brought to my attention you may have meant.....you "wanted" HH back during the 2016 draft. My apologies if I misunderstood you.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little late for Hunter Henry. The Chargers drafted him in 2016 in the second round.

Edit: It was brought to my attention you may have meant.....you "wanted" HH back during the 2016 draft. My apologies if I misunderstood you.
Misunderstandings are not tolerated anymore than logical thinking, To the pit of misery!

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When next season rolls around with Jordy, Cobb and Ty still on the team with a healthy Rodgers you will wonder why so many said “cut them”

Re structuring deals I’m on board with. Including CM3

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When next season rolls around with Jordy, Cobb and Ty still on the team with a healthy Rodgers you will wonder why so many said “cut them”

Re structuring deals I’m on board with. Including CM3

I don't want Jordy/Cobb cut, I want them restructured.

Jordy doesn't run after the catch, doesn't create separation, and is losing quickness/speed. He had I think 1 TD over 10 yards. He's fine in a slot role because of his connection with Rodgers, but he's not worth the money. Cobb is the better WR at this point, but he's a slot guy too. So we have Adams who can play outside, Nelson/Cobb who are slots only imo, and then Allison/Davis/Clark on the outside. It's not a great group.

I don't think anybody wants Ty cut. He can still play a role here.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt Graham is going to cost more than the $1.625M the Packers would save by cutting Kendricks. All I meant was that if they had to justify money being allocated for TE's, I would be fine with that allocation going to Graham. However, now that I look closer at Kendricks contract and the numbers, he really isn't that expensive and I would rather roll with him, but we still need a #1 TE.

I missed that one.....good catch. He was cut and never signed to the PS right? There goes our FHOF'er at WR :roflmao:
That is exactly why I'd like to see some of those 11 draft picks traded for higher picks....no way most of them make it past final cut downs anyway.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like trey burton from philly but I think he is gonna get paid a bunch cuz he will be the best on the market minus graham he has performed at a nice level filling in for ertz when he has to he will get paid by someone but if he is cheap I def wouldn’t mind him with another rookie

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I think the ultimate trade is With the Rams. They have to lock up Aaron donald, Todd gurley and Jared Goff in the next 1-2 years. Robert Quinn is sitting on their roster looking for an extension at the same time. They will have no problem eating cobbs contract this year as they could use a true a lot reciever to help form a trio in Watkins, Cupp and Cobb. I say we trade Cobb to the Rams for Quinn.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the ultimate trade is With the Rams. They have to lock up Aaron donald, Todd gurley and Jared Goff in the next 1-2 years. Robert Quinn is sitting on their roster looking for an extension at the same time. They will have no problem eating cobbs contract this year as they could use a true a lot reciever to help form a trio in Watkins, Cupp and Cobb. I say we trade Cobb to the Rams for Quinn.

Kupp is a slot WR. And they'll probably have to skip on Quinn to afford everybody. They're not going to want to add more $$$.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say do what you can to get a couple WR (Gordon and Sanu) i think both could be great additions to the team. Gordon is a flyer, might not pan out with his recent track history but if we could get a couple speed WR to join Rodgers for another 4-5 years, we could see this offense exploded making the defense not having to be the most pressing trying to hold teams to under 30 points a game. Just a thought that more thank likely has been discussed.. Cheers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think last year at this time, some people may have entertained the idea of trying to cash in on Rodgers for a King's Ransom in picks and players. However, after watching the Packers this year play without Rodgers, I can't think of much that would want me to see Rodgers not in Green and Gold until he retires.

Members online

Latest posts