Tracking playoff positioning

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just stay focused and we win next week. I thought we significantly outplayed Detroit at their place earlier in the season, but couldn't stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Was it something like five possessions in the red zone for three points, and still almost won.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can face any of Eagles, Vikings or 49ers in theory depending on how last week goes.

I'm not really fancying heading to SF in post season!

Who would you prefer take the #2 seed?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can face any of Eagles, Vikings or 49ers in theory depending on how last week goes.

I'm not really fancying heading to SF in post season!

Who would you prefer take the #2 seed?

Vikings beat Bears
Eagles beat Giants
Cowboys beat Commanders
49ers beat Cardinals
Bucs beat Falcons
Packers beat Lions

#1 Eagles 14-3

#2 49ers 13-4
#3 Vikings 13-4
#4 Bucs 9-8

#5 Cowboys 13-4
#6 Giants 9-7-1
#7 Packers 9-8

Super Wild Card Weekend

Packers 9-8 at 49ers 13-4

Giants 9-7-1 at Vikings 13-4

Cowboys 13-4 at Bucs 9-8

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings beat Bears
Eagles beat Giants
Cowboys beat Commanders
49ers beat Cardinals
Bucs beat Falcons
Packets beat Lions
Non of the playoffs secured teams will play their starters except for Vikings and 49ers (who may jockey for the #2 seed). So the results can go either way.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Eagles lose and Cowboys win in week 18, they drop to the #5 seed and Dallas wins the NFC east on the division record tie breaker 5-1 vs 3-3

Safe to say everybody will be playing to win in week 18 with each game holding seeding significance...save for the Bucs and Giants I suppose they are locked in to the #4 and #6 seeds respectively

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Non of the playoffs secured teams will play their starters except for Vikings and 49ers (who may jockey for the #2 seed). So the results can go either way.
I think the only players on playoff teams that get set down are those nursing injuries. I think coaches are learning the unofficial "bye" is not always in their best interest. Especially for the Eagles with the next week off already. Two weeks off are really dangerous. That said I believe most starters ride the pines after mid 3rd quarter.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
After the offense didn't put up any points on their first two drives they scored on five consecutive ones with three touchdowns and two field goals before replacing the starters. I feel comfortable that they will win against the Lions if they perform like that as well.
Agreed that the Packers should be able to beat Detroit at home. But since week 8, the Lions are 7-3 and lost to the Bills and Dolphins by a combined 7 points.

The Packers might roll them, but they better not go into this expecting a walk in the park.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just beat the Lions, there aren't any teams that scare me any more or any less. My biggest worry in all of this, how are the Packers going to play. None of those teams are head and shoulders above anybody else, including GB. and none of those teams are ones we can go in and make a bunch of mistakes and expect to pull it out at the end.

The Lions are included in that. Play well and win.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agreed that the Packers should be able to beat Detroit at home. But since week 8, the Lions are 7-3 and lost to the Bills and Dolphins by a combined 7 points.

The Packers might roll them, but they better not go into this expecting a walk in the park.
Was thinking the same thing. Seems like when the Packers are going into a game "expected" by most to win, they either don't or play like crap. Goff is statistically having a better year than #12 and the Packers are going to need to shut him down quick. I am more confident in the Packers today, than I was 5 weeks ago, but they still need to bring the same game they brought yesterday.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If Eagles lose and Cowboys win in week 18, they drop to the #5 seed and Dallas wins the NFC east on the division record tie breaker 5-1 vs 3-3

Safe to say everybody will be playing to win in week 18 with each game holding seeding significance...save for the Bucs and Giants I suppose they are locked in to the #4 and #6 seeds respectively
I would love to see the Cowboys get the #1 seed, the Queens get the #2 and the 49'ers the #3. If the Packers get in, I love their chances of getting to the NFCCG with a win over the Queens and then the Cowboys. I would be less excited about the path of going through San Fran and Philly to get there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Anyone want to guess if the Packers-Lions game gets flexed out of the Sunday at noon spot and where it is put?

I am saying that it does and my first guess will be it gets flexed to Sunday night and whatever network gets it, is hoping that the Seahawks lose, so that the Packer-Lion game is a winner takes all (7th seed) scenario.

However, the Hawks play the Rams in Seattle and since that game looks like an easy win for the Hawks, I could see them flexing the Packer game to Sat. Night. Will still hold a lot of importance, with a bit of mystery.

In either case, I think it will be a night game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone want to guess if the Packers-Lions game gets flexed out of the Sunday at noon spot and where it is put?

I am saying that it does and my first guess will be it gets flexed to Sunday night and whatever network gets it, is hoping that the Seahawks lose, so that the Packer-Lion game is a winner takes all (7th seed) scenario.

However, the Hawks play the Rams in Seattle and since that game looks like an easy win for the Hawks, I could see them flexing the Packer game to Sat. Night. Will still hold a lot of importance, with a bit of mystery.

In either case, I think it will be a night game.
Titans-Jags are already flexed into Saturday Night. Wouldn't surprise me if GB-Lions would be flexed into Sunday 3:25. Not sure if possible to be made Sunday night game? NFL will announce schedule later today.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the only players on playoff teams that get set down are those nursing injuries. I think coaches are learning the unofficial "bye" is not always in their best interest. Especially for the Eagles with the next week off already. Two weeks off are really dangerous. That said I believe most starters ride the pines after mid 3rd quarter.
The starters will get reps, but I don't think they'll actively be trying to win. It's more like keep the flow and form.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Titans-Jags are already flexed into Saturday Night. Wouldn't surprise me if GB-Lions would be flexed into Sunday 3:25. Not sure if possible to be made Sunday night game? NFL will announce schedule later today.
I think the NFL would rather wait until after the game tonight if possible. Bengals/Ravens for the division is a possibility if the Bengals crap the bed against the Bills.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All Games are flexible and most will be posted today. I think as was said on our site both your game and my game will be Sunday afternoon late games. It would be advantageous for both teams to not see the end of the game until they are 2 min warning. LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
All Games are flexible and most will be posted today. I think as was said on our site both your game and my game will be Sunday afternoon late games. It would be advantageous for both teams to not see the end of the game until they are 2 min warning. LOL
Yup. If the Seahawks game is B4 the Packer game, the Lions might be playing for nothing (Seahawk win). But trust me, if that happens, Packer fans will definitely let the Lions know that they are playing for nothing! While that might deflate them a bit, they will need to turn to "Let's make sure the Packers don't get in too", for their motivation.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think the NFL would rather wait until after the game tonight if possible. Bengals/Ravens for the division is a possibility if the Bengals crap the bed against the Bills.
Kind of sucks that they can wait that long to do that. One year I was sitting next to a Dad and his 10 year old son from Seattle. His kid was a huge Packer/Aaron Rodgers fan and this was his Birthday wish (fly to GB to see the Packers play). Anyway, the game originally was scheduled to be a Noon game, so the Dad made all the travel plans around that. The game got flexed to a 3:30 game and the Dad and son had to leave at halftime to catch their plane home. He could have changed their flights and hotel reservations, but he said it would have cost as much as the trip to do that.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
There are some slight chances of the 49ers getting the 1 or 3 seed, but they will more than likely be the 2 seed which means the Packers will have yet another playoff rematch with them.

Oddly, I’d feel reasonably confident. All of the pressure will be on them while the Packers can play carefree.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Giants win over Philly & likely wins by 49'ers & Vikings will give 9'ers the #1 spot. San Fran is the only team I don't want GB facing in playoffs week 1.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
A Giants win over Philly & likely wins by 49'ers & Vikings will give 9'ers the #1 spot. San Fran is the only team I don't want GB facing in playoffs week 1.
Only issue is that the Giants are locked into the 6 seed and more than likely will be resting some guys.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would rather play San Fran than Philadelphia. But will take anyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts