Tracking playoff positioning

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry to sidetrack this topic but I don't have enough posts to make a thread.

I was wondering if I could get some advice on getting Packers tickets. I'm a longtime fan (since 2000) but haven't been to a game in 20 years because I'm from Southern Illinois and don't have any friends who are Packers fans.

I'm thinking of getting tickets to this weekend's Vikings game. Or possibly the following week vs. the Lions. I want to get the best deal. Do you guys have any tips or preferred practices on getting tickets? From what I hear, the best deals are outside of the major secondary vendors like Ticketmaster.
The Viking ticket has become a very expensive one, due to playoff implications, rivalry and expected decent weather. Since every game is a sellout, you have to rely on the secondary market. The only sure way of not getting scammed is by going through one of the major resellers (Ticketmaster, Stubhub, SeatGeek, and VividSeats.). You can try your luck on FaceBook, but I would steer clear of Craigslist.

Just remember this, if the deal is way too good to be true, then it probably is a scam.

A lot of season ticket holders don't want to risk losing them, by selling them to strangers, at any price. Since if that stranger gets booted from the stadium, the season tickets could be lost. Thus, many season ticket holders sell their tickets back to resellers that guarantee no loss of season ticket privileges.

If you just want to attend one of the next 2 games, you might want to skip the Viking game and if the Packers are eliminated from the playoffs on Sunday, those Lion tickets will be very cheap.

Last edited:

speakhands

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Viking ticket has become a very expensive one, due to playoff implications, rivalry and expected decent weather. Since every game is a sellout, you have to rely on the secondary market. The only sure way of not getting scammed is by going through one of the major resellers (Ticketmaster, Stubhub, SeatGeek, and VividSeats.). You can try your luck on FaceBook, but I would steer clear of Craigslist.

Just remember this, if the deal is way too good to be true, then it probably is a scam.

A lot of season ticket holders don't want to risk losing them, by selling them to strangers, at any price. Since if that stranger gets booted from the stadium, the season tickets could be lost. Thus, many season ticket holders sell their tickets back to resellers that guarantee no loss of season ticket privileges.

If you just want to attend one of the next 2 games, you might want to skip the Viking game and if the Packers are eliminated from the playoffs on Sunday, those Lion tickets will be very cheap.

Thank you. I'm actually prioritizing the Vikings game specifically because I won't be interested in making the very long trip for the Lions game if they're eliminated from contention at that point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm actually prioritizing the Vikings game specifically because I won't be interested in making the very long trip for the Lions game if they're eliminated from contention at that point.
I just looked on Stubhub. Plenty of tickets for both games, but right now, the Viking game is about double the price of the Lions game. Now if the Packers and Lions are playing for the final playoff spot, that game will really skyrocket.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stubhub has end zone seats for $158 right now, same seats on TicketMaster are $150... both reputable sites. If you want better seats you'll pay more but they are available.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No silly, I was talking about us fans, as in Packer fans. Our 13-4 season.
I've never been a fan of the Eagles, but I don't hate them like I do many NFC Teams. While I hear their fans can be obnoxious and violent, I do like their fight song.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
W
I've never been a fan of the Eagles, but I don't hate them like I do many NFC Teams. While I hear their fans can be obnoxious and violent, I do like their fight song.

Worst game I ever attended was in Lambeau against Philly a couple of years ago. Apparently 2/3 of season ticket holders sold their tix to Eagles fans. Obnoxious, rude, belligerent, unruly fans all around me...and the Packers played like trash & lost. They sang that damn song for 1/2 hour after the game...in OUR stadium!!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
W

Worst game I ever attended was in Lambeau against Philly a couple of years ago. Apparently 2/3 of season ticket holders sold their tix to Eagles fans. Obnoxious, rude, belligerent, unruly fans all around me...and the Packers played like trash & lost. They sang that damn song for 1/2 hour after the game...in OUR stadium!!
Sorry PKJ....didn't mean to bring back a bad memory, you can come out from under the table, they are gone!

The chant I can't stand is "O....H...................I....O" If you ever go to an OSU game, it is about the only chant their fans seem to know and they just walk around everywhere saying it.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry PKJ....didn't mean to bring back a bad memory, you can come out from under the table, they are gone!
Wife & I survived...just will NEVER be in the same stadium with Philly fans, again. They never learned that it's possible to be a rabid fan without being a complete a $ $ h o l e.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wife & I survived...just will NEVER be in the same stadium with Philly fans, again. They never learned that it's possible to be a rabid fan without being a complete a $ $ h o l e.
I'm amazed at how inconsiderate some people are. Whether you cheer for the Packers or another team, there are simple common sense rules that should apply to all. My biggest pet peeve are the people who get up to go get another beer, relieve themselves of the last 2 beers or both. Don't start your exit or entrance into a row during a play! Because guess what, you are going to block people's view as you stumble down the row. Be an adult, realize what's happening around you and WAIT to politely make your way ...in between plays or even better, during a stoppage in play.

Big hats/cheese heads bug the snot out of me too. Great, you are showing your team spirit by wearing a big block of foam on your head! However, when you get to your seat, take the damn thing off and sit on it, because odds are, it's blocking someone's view!

Reaction score
I'm amazed at how inconsiderate some people are. Whether you cheer for the Packers or another team, there are simple common sense rules that should apply to all. My biggest pet peeve are the people who get up to go get another beer, relieve themselves of the last 2 beers or both. Don't start your exit or entrance into a row during a play! Because guess what, you are going to block people's view as you stumble down the row. Be an adult, realize what's happening around you and WAIT to politely make your way ...in between plays or even better, during a stoppage in play.

Big hats/cheese heads bug the snot out of me too. Great, you are showing your team spirit by wearing a big block of foam on your head! However, when you get to your seat, take the damn thing off and sit on it, because odds are, it's blocking someone's view!

Amen
Have you ever noticed. People speed up when You try to pass them? :whistling:
I’ve done the research and tested it It’s 100% on purpose. Not even a doubt in my mind.

I wonder if they are doing that blocking your view thing on purpose. It’s a control thing. Similar to the “you can’t pass me” (being facetious) :coffee:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just something I’ve experienced first hand, but that part of the country comes across as a little more rude. I’ve only been there twice, but I’ve worked with people from that area. Pittsburgh isn’t a far cry from it either. But Philly is a mixture of near ghetto (like many larger cities) and that NY, tough guy. Mostly blue collar bark, but they are not very refined in their manners or initial interaction. Generally good people at the core though, just more initial defensive posturing. Like any crowd mentality, get 10% acting stupid and others pile on

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just something I’ve experienced first hand, but that part of the country comes across as a little more rude. I’ve only been there twice, but I’ve worked with people from that area. Pittsburgh isn’t a far cry from it either. But Philly is a mixture of near ghetto (like many larger cities) and that NY, tough guy. Mostly blue collar bark, but they are not very refined in their manners or initial interaction. Generally good people at the core though, just more initial defensive posturing. Like any crowd mentality, get 10% acting stupid and others pile on
I have heard that Raider fans are terrible, at least when they were in CA.. A college buddy of mine who lives out there grew up in Minnesota and is a Viking fan :sick: Anyway, he went to a Raiders-Viking game in Oakland and some Raider fans hung a Viking fan over the 2nd deck railing, by his feet. Everyone was cheering and .....they dropped him!

Reaction score
I have heard that Raider fans are terrible, at least when they were in CA.. A college buddy of mine who lives out there grew up in Minnesota and is a Viking fan :sick: Anyway, he went to a Raiders-Viking game in Oakland and some Raider fans hung a Viking fan over the 2nd deck railing, by his feet. Everyone was cheering and .....they dropped him!
Oh my. I remember that, it was me and I was just joking around and then he went n wiggled too much.:eek:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have had others tell me much the same thing about Philly especially when they played in the Vet. 20 years ago I frequented the NFL AOL boards where fans of each team were able to interact on each other's venues. I recall one decent Eagle poster. The rest were arrogant and insulting. After the 4th and 26 loss I even tried to congratulate them. But they were still haughty and demeaning. So I enjoyed seeing Carolina beat them the next week. As for Pittsburgh I only know that their fans travel well. After a game at Lambeau I wound up at the same restaurant with a load of their fans. They were gracious and humble in victory. Just loved their Steelers.

Reaction score
I was just thinking. In a scenario where we were able to Win out.

The best case scenario for the NFC East is Both Washington and Giants lose. We’d still have 6th seed potential (and a more preferable Vikings postseason matchup)

The next best is Washington loses but Giants Win. 7th Seed potential and likely 49ers matchup.

The next best (or 3rd scenario) is that the Giants lose and Washington wins. Then we need just 1 of those 2 to get beat in week 18 in order to lock a 7th seed. The Giants finish against Philly and Washington finale is against Dallas. I’m ok with that also.

So while our best scenario and most direct path is a Washington loss, it’s still not our only Avenue. There is another very probable #7 seed angle in a scenario where just 1 of the East teams (Wash/NY) lose Sunday.

Also. Both the Giants AND Washington play early this Sunday.
If either loses? A Packer Win jumps our odds substantially. We could be fully in the drivers seat by Sunday night.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I was just thinking. In a scenario where we were able to Win out.

The best case scenario for the NFC East is Both Washington and Giants lose. We’d still have 6th seed potential (and a more preferable Vikings postseason matchup)

The next best is Washington loses but Giants Win. 7th Seed potential and likely 49ers matchup.

The next best (or 3rd scenario) is that the Giants lose and Washington wins. Then we need just 1 of those 2 to get beat in week 18 in order to lock a 7th seed. The Giants finish against Philly and Washington finale is against Dallas. I’m ok with that also.

So while our best scenario and most direct path is a Washington loss, it’s still not our only Avenue. There is another very probable #7 seed angle in a scenario where just 1 of the East teams (Wash/NY) lose Sunday.

Also. Both the Giants AND Washington play early this Sunday.
If either loses? A Packer Win jumps our odds substantially. We could be fully in the drivers seat by Sunday night.
Obviously if I'm the Packers, I'll take a playoff spot against whatever team happens to fall in line. That being said, I'd feel much better about a road date against the Vikings as opposed to the 49ers.

The Packers HAVE to beat the Vikings in order to get to the playoffs. However, that almost certainly puts the 49ers in the 2 seed as long as they take care of business in their last two games, which I fully expect. The Raiders are a tire fire who have given up on the season and the 49ers finish with the Cardinals. A combination of a Packers victory over Minnesota and the 49ers winning out against inferior competition guarantees them the 2 seed.

However, to your point, if the Packers could really hit the roulette wheel and get 2 Giants losses and just 1 Commanders loss, they would put us in the 6 seed and a road date with the Vikings.

At this point, just give me the Packers in the playoffs and I'll be happy. But it'll be interesting to see how all of this shakes out.

Also though....I'd be interested to see how Green Bay might fare as the "hopeless underdog" going to the West Coast to take on the 49ers. Maybe with the pressure off, it'll have us playing loose and free. And Brock Purdy tries doing too much.

D

Deleted member 6794

I really don't think there's a decent chance of the Giants losing to the Colts though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Cowboys victory last night, they are 12-4. If the Packers can defeat the Vikings on Sunday, they will be 12-4

Hence, the Cowboys week 18 game against the Commanders will have meaning if the Packers can get the W

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
With the Cowboys victory last night, they are 12-4. If the Packers can defeat the Vikings on Sunday, they will be 12-4

Hence, the Cowboys week 18 game against the Commanders will have meaning if the Packers can get the W
The only way the Cowboys week 18 game against the Commanders will have any meaning for them is if the Eagles lose to the Saints, which would bring the NFC East back into play.

The Vikings are inconsequential to the equation, as the only way Dallas can leap frog them is to win the division.

Reaction score
I really don't think there's a decent chance of the Giants losing to the Colts though.
Probably not. Yet if we go back and look the Colts lost by 3 points to MN, they lost by 1 point to the Eagles, lost by 1 point to Washington, they beat K.C. by 3 points etc..
it depends which Colts team shows up.
If I picked 3 upsets? That would be 1 of the 3. If the Giants play sloppy like last week I could see an upset.

Members online

Latest posts