Tracking playoff positioning

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just stay focused and we win next week. I thought we significantly outplayed Detroit at their place earlier in the season, but couldn't stop shooting ourselves in the foot. Was it something like five possessions in the red zone for three points, and still almost won.

Also held them to their lowest point total up to that point. Goff is TERRIBLE in cold weather! Their oline is better than the queens though.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer game has been moved to Sunday night. If Seattle wins, the Lions will be eliminated before their game even starts. Sucks for Detroit, but it could help deflate them and give the Packers an advantage. That said, I'm sure the Lions would love to rain on the Packers parade being a divisional rival.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Would rather play San Fran than Philadelphia. But will take anyone.
I actually am less afraid of going back and playing the Eagles than I would be going to San Fran. With Jalen Hurts should injury, who knows how he will be when he starts playing again. Get him in the first round (Eagles #2 seed) and the Queens in the 2nd round, I would be fine with that. Yeah, its just Brock Purdy, but the 49'er defense scares me.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can be had. A crappy Raiders team dropped 34 on them..and almost pulled out a victory. They played the eagles tough..a few less mistakes and could have pulled that one out.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings beat Bears
Eagles beat Giants
Cowboys beat Commanders
49ers beat Cardinals
Bucs beat Falcons
Packers beat Lions

#1 Eagles 14-3

#2 49ers 13-4
#3 Vikings 13-4
#4 Bucs 9-8

#5 Cowboys 13-4
#6 Giants 9-7-1
#7 Packers 9-8

Super Wild Card Weekend

Packers 9-8 at 49ers 13-4

Giants 9-7-1 at Vikings 13-4

Cowboys 13-4 at Bucs 9-8
Right now all we should think about is the Detroit Lions. They are a team whose fate has been horrific for decades and decades. Let us do what it takes to beat them Sunday.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. The line is. Fortunately, they do not have ALL the weapons the Vikings have. But they have stepped up this season.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now all we should think about is the Detroit Lions. They are a team whose fate has been horrific for decades and decades. Let us do what it takes to beat them Sunday.

I agree just win!

The Lions horrific fate likely continues as I suspect they wont be able to get in no matter what happens...I left them off the list but Seahawks beat the Rams

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That said, I'm sure the Lions would love to rain on the Packers parade being a divisional rival.
Perhaps, but just imagine finding out less than an hour before kickoff that you no longer gain anything by winning.

They would never admit it. But there will be some guys making business decisions out on the field. It can only be a good thing for the Packers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packer game has been moved to Sunday night. If Seattle wins, the Lions will be eliminated before their game even starts. Sucks for Detroit, but it could help deflate them and give the Packers an advantage. That said, I'm sure the Lions would love to rain on the Packers parade being a divisional rival.
How did Minnesota do to rain on the Pack?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I hope we see Pete Carroll complain and whine all week how this decision to move the Packer game to Sunday night is unfair to his team. You know what Pete, just stop chewing on your gum, tell your team to win and the rest takes care of itself, this is payback for the fail Mary, replacement ref debacle!

D

Deleted member 6794

Especially for the Eagles with the next week off already. Two weeks off are really dangerous.

The Eagles haven't secured the #1 spot at this point yet. Therefore they will need a win against the Giants to get a first round bye.

Agreed that the Packers should be able to beat Detroit at home. But since week 8, the Lions are 7-3 and lost to the Bills and Dolphins by a combined 7 points.

The Packers might roll them, but they better not go into this expecting a walk in the park.

I definitely agree that the Lions have been a pretty good team over the past 10 weeks. It will be a tough game for the Packers to pull out a win.

The starters will get reps, but I don't think they'll actively be trying to win. It's more like keep the flow and form.

Once again, the Eagles need to win to secure the #1 seed. Both the Niners and Vikings are still fighting for the #2 seed. They will all play their starters for the entire game if necessary.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we see Pete Carroll complain and whine all week how this decision to move the Packer game to Sunday night is unfair to his team. You know what Pete, just stop chewing on your gum, tell your team to win and the rest takes care of itself, this is payback for the fail Mary, replacement ref debacle!
I think he felt it come back when Jimmy Graham lunged for the 1st down in the 2019 playoff and he thought they shafted the Seahawks with the spot.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps, but just imagine finding out less than an hour before kickoff that you no longer gain anything by winning.

They would never admit it. But there will be some guys making business decisions out on the field. It can only be a good thing for the Packers.
The Lions are playing well and want to win no matter what. They are human, however, and the incentive to win and go to the playoffs isn't the same as knocking off a rival. One is a positive and the other could be characterized as more of a negative incentive. I still think that flexing the game has helped the Packers and put the Lions and Seahawks at a disadvantage. I look at it as fair compensation for having two straight seasons with only 8 home games and 9 road games.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions are playing well and want to win no matter what. They are human, however, and the incentive to win and go to the playoffs isn't the same as knocking off a rival. One is a positive and the other could be characterized as more of a negative incentive. I still think that flexing the game has helped the Packers and put the Lions and Seahawks at a disadvantage. I look at it as fair compensation for having two straight seasons with only 8 home games and 9 road games.
I think the reason the League does it is financial. If it was a Seahawks - 9er game with the same scenario it would opt there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think the reason the League does it is financial. If it was a Seahawks - 9er game with the same scenario it would opt there.
Yup. Had they left the Packers game at Noon, which is when it was scheduled, Seahawks would have been mad as well. Since a Packer win, makes their game meaningless.

Given that the NFL doesn't do what Major League Baseball does, start the final regular season games all at the same time and allows flexing by Networks during the final week, this situation is set up to happen. Of course Networks were drooling over the Packer-Lion game, it has the potential to have the most suspense. All these conspiracy theorists claiming the NFL is only doing this because they love the Packers...LOL....they are doing it because it makes the most economical sense.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see how the seeding will end up in the AFC if the Bills Bengals game isnt made up

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I’ll tell you what…..

I’m loving a scenario in which the Packers go to Dallas for the wild card round in 11-13 days. I think they are extremely vulnerable. And Rodgers absolutely lights that stadium up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see how the seeding will end up in the AFC if the Bills Bengals game isnt made up
From what I can gather, it can directly effect how 5 teams can finish and their playoff seating. Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, Ravens and Chargers. Not to mention that it will ultimately indirectly effect all AFC playoff teams, since not playing it, potentially changes all the matchups.

Reaction score
We handled them easily also. Y'all got sloppy seconds.
The Vikings were outscored 41-3 when we pulled our starters 1/2 way through Quarter 4 and shut ‘er down. It was a total humiliation of a 12 win team. The only thing that would’ve been a bigger beatdown would’ve been at US Bank.

Lions have had a tough schedule, but GB is very similar in that regard too. The only way I can see the Lions coming out on top is if they play 100% clean, mistake free ball.
No penalties, no turnovers, no ill advised decisions.

I said this before the Vikings came to town and I’ll say it again this week. This isn’t the Bears at Detroit this week, if the Lions are expecting a replication of our first meeting? They will be severely dismayed.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’ll tell you what…..

I’m loving a scenario in which the Packers go to Dallas for the wild card round in 11-13 days. I think they are extremely vulnerable. And Rodgers absolutely lights that stadium up.
Don't hold your breath, they are looking more and more like the #5 seed, which would mean that the Packers would only play them in the NFCCG. Now I wouldn't mind a path of Vikings....Eagles...Cowboys.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know..Dallas is so up and down. One week they score 50..the next week they score 20. Their defense is fast at home..Their offense is so-so..Prescott can run though. We all know what this defense does against running qbs. I would rather face old man Tommy's team and send him into retirement!!