To get the most replies.....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that to get the most replies, start a "hate" thread vs an "I love the Packers" one.
I've noticed that the majority will respond to Favre and things related to announcers that seem like they don't like our team.
Fire Capers Now is also a popular topic.
I figure that's the way the world works.
Say or do something right. Nothing.
Say or do something wrong and you will hear from everybody.
I'd rather if it was the other way around. More replies for positive things.
I'm not pointing any fingers. I've taken part in sharing my thoughts in negative ways as well.
Oh well. It is what it is and just wanted to share my observations about this place.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like daring to suggest that Matthew Stafford and the Lions offense was not good enough to win this division and we have more than enough history to prove that?

... or 4,000 posts attempting to prove every other team in the NFL has played and beat better teams than the Packers and the Packers haven't done squat to prove anything yet?

Why no, no I have not noticed that at all.:roflmao:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Controversy is what keeps a forum active, and kumbaya isn't likely to do that. I'm as upset with "+1", "good post", and other "me too" comments as you are with folks defending their turf. Don't know if it's allowed to say this here, but if you want only the good, try Packerchatters - I was recently banned for life. :)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Controversy is what keeps a forum active, and kumbaya isn't likely to do that. I'm as upset with "+1", "good post", and other "me too" comments as you are with folks defending their turf. Don't know if it's allowed to say this here, but if you want only the good, try Packerchatters - I was recently banned for life. :)
Sing along with me to this, Half Empty!
:roflmao:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that to get the most replies, start a "hate" thread vs an "I love the Packers" one.
I've noticed that the majority will respond to Favre and things related to announcers that seem like they don't like our team.
I'm not pointing any fingers. I've taken part in sharing my thoughts in negative ways as well.
Oh well. It is what it is and just wanted to share my observations about this place.
Maybe you should take your own advice and post more positive dialog.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"This team isn't going anywhere" after 2 games or "this game is over" with 10 mins left in the 1st quarter sometimes makes a shoutbox appearance.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lost track of him.
What happened?
Did he settle for the millions of insurance money or still working on a comeback?

I think he for sure was picked up by another team because the Packers didn't sign him. Well, at least that's what we were told was going to happen this off season.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he for sure was picked up by another team because the Packers didn't sign him. Well, at least that's what we were told was going to happen this off season.
I liked him and felt bad for him and was hoping he could make a comeback in GB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Dont you and a few others come up with "clever" names for players

airrun
failfarve
brent
crappernick

Not saying its a problem or anything like that..But I know there are some that think it is immature and just dont say anything. Wouldnt the name calling fall under the same principle?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked him and felt bad for him and was hoping he could make a comeback in GB.

For sure...me as well.

...but as is often the case with a select few Packer fans, they assumed the worst from the Packers organization and assumed the Packers weren't handling it right.

Clearly the fact that he's not playing tells us all we need to know about that.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont you and a few others come up with "clever" names for players

airrun
failfarve
brent
crappernick

Not saying its a problem or anything like that..But I know there are some that think it is immature and just dont say anything. Wouldnt the name calling fall under the same principle?
I have no idea what you are going on about, me-love-you-longtime(fan)! LOL :D

OK but seriously.
First there is this:
(This album is full of great songs than just the ones that got Mtv and radio airplay and this is one of them.)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Well, I did cop to it that I have taken part in being negative as well around here.
And when I change a name, such as BrINT Fail or Crapperknickers, it's because I'm not too happy with things they do and it's me being passive/aggressive.
As for Air-Run Rodgers, that is a way to be complimentary of his skills and I was hoping that clever usage of his name would catch on.

You, LTF, wrote: "I know there are some that think it is immature and just dont say anything."
If no one is saying anything then how do you know that some think it's immature? Are you getting *** about it?
And if it is being seen as being negative that is all a matter of perspective.
I suppose it is a way of being negative but it would go along with the rest of the post. I doubt I'd write, "BrINT Fail was really awesome when he won that Super Bowl for us, wasn't he?"
It's just a part of who I am or the way I express myself and those who don't like it or think I'm being immature are probably those who like the one I'm attacking.
I'll confess with the risk of backlash: I'm 47, soon to be 48, going on 16!
I'd rather be or feel young at heart than to be feeling my age especially in my body while being fine with the number of my age.
Grow up? Well, what fun would that be?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes some in *** have mentioned the brit fail and etc

They wont say anything about it= they wont call out the ones doing it..

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like puppies.

I hate puppies and will punt everyone I see over the nearest telephone pole.

which statement above stirs you the most emotionally thereby stimulating a response? You are battling human nature.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There are posters that when it concerns Brett, you know they will post..Then complain when people knock on Brett..

Its like clock work..

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate puppies and will punt everyone I see over the nearest telephone pole.
Damn! Is that what you do to have other Amish prove that they got what it takes to join the Amish Mafia?
Youse guys are real hard core!
I don't even wanna know what you guys do with the butter churners and the spinning wheel.

Members online

Latest posts