Thompson vs. Sherman

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:joy: :joy: :joy: :beer: :beer: :beer:

I know you will be watching, your opinion is valued on this board, everyone wants to see Brett go riding off on top.

Hopefully we all will be surprised by the way this years team performs when it really counts!!!!!

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always wondered who guys like PackIt would like as Green Bay coach.

Jon Gruden looked primed for success in Tampa, yet his teams have been pathetic after Tony Dungy's players left.

I've never quite bought the concept that great coaches are just waiting in the wings to lead the Packers to the Super Bowl. Joe Gibbs HAS won the Super Bowl and he is nowhere near that level again with the Foreskins.

I always use Tony Dungy as an example. Is he a failure because he's never gone to the Super Bowl? Were the Buccaneers and Colts losers because Tony Dungy hasn't taken them there?

Tony Dungy has proven year in and year out he can produce a winner. Yet guys like PackIt would say he's a loser because they haven't won the big one. Got news for you....Sherman's record is as good as any in the league, and that includes Bellichick.

The difference is the quality of players coming into the organization. I think TT has proven, even at this early date, that he has an eye for talent. Now we hope the Packers "fans" will stay with the team until those young guys start playing together.

Here's another revelation: if Brett Favre wasn't here, another QB would have been. Given the system I suspect Sherman's record would be pretty close.
In case you haven't seen, Brett WAS around for Sherman's 2-6 playoff record, and Brett's interceptions and goofs in key games was a key component of the losses.

So Brett isn't a savior, and Sherman isn't a loser. What else do you want to fruitlesslessly argue about?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
see net,

you just can't leave it alone.. with your endless sycophantic rationalizations and servile butt-kissing of Sherman...trying to prove that you can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear...but i'm here to tell you net...that you can't...

I'll keep it simple and see if you can follow along.....

IF GB HAD ANOTHER QB DURING SHERMAN'S TENURE...YOUR OBJECT OF AFFECTION, SHERMAN, WOULD BE LONG GONE...

there is no way...NO WAY..the Packers would have even broken .500 during those Farve-less Sherman years...and he would be gone....

BUT..i guess, you will say...we'll never know...because Sherman does have Favre...and the Pack has a winning record in the last 5 years--BECAUSE OF FAVRE............

Now listen carefully...because here is where it makes sense....

Favre is a great enough QB to get the PACK to the playoffs year in and year out...but he is no miracle worker....

When the playoffs come around...and the competition gets stiffer...that is when you can see the ineffectuality and ineptitude of the coaching staff around him...the mediocre and inexperienced rookie talent that he is surrounded with at receiver, the unpreparedness of the the Packer team, and the poor...and i mean POOR *** decision making and play calling and game planning that is done by the so called--"coaching" staff...and hence the 2-4 record....

get it net?...everyone knows that a coach is measured by his ability to coach and win in big games....what's Sherman's record there, net?..oh yeah...

2-4.....

now you can blame it on Favre if you want..instead of your precious Sherman...but you would be wrong...Favre pulls Sherman's *** out of the fire every year in the regular season...but can't do it in the playoffs because he doesn't have the support arround him...plain and simple....

does he then try to force things to win...yes?
does he throw interceptions...yes?

as would any great hof qb...trying to make something out of nothing....

if he just took what the other team gave him....the packers would be punting on every series of downs..(just about) AND YOU WOULD REALLY SEE HOW OVERMATCHED THE TEAM REALLY WAS.....

one more thing, record or no, there is not one coach..fan..whatever throughout the league that thinks Sherman is a "great coach".....

i doubt that he would make ANYONE's (except yours) top tens list of active coaches in the league...

(ok..now i am done talking about Sherman until the season starts..so stop trying to provoke me..._)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts