THIS YEAR AS PACKER FANS . . .

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
C'mon... If they go 0-16 five consecutive years, a REAL fan would lead the charge to the front office and start stringing up the management!

Five consecutive seasons???

Heck, if the Packers go 0-16 in even one year I would suggest management skip deer hunting season for a year or two. :wink:

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta agree that Coach Bates would of made me a little less uneasy. Just my opinion but in todays NFL I hate the excuse that we're rebuilding. With salary cap issues and so many player changes sure you need to groom young guys but also need to rebuild to some extent every year bringing in young guys for future while keeping key veterans. Look at teams like Pittsburgh and New England who have never really gone through a full rebuilding phase. The biggest factor is not putting to much money in someone who gives nothing in return, which is easier said then done but the GM's that do it the most are the ones who are forced to totally rebuild. Because of all the player changes it seems coaching is more important then ever so we'll see if MM can come through or will we keep rebuilding for the next 5 years. Gosh I sure hope not

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
Gotta agree that Coach Bates would of made me a little less uneasy. Just my opinion but in todays NFL I hate the excuse that we're rebuilding. With salary cap issues and so many player changes sure you need to groom young guys but also need to rebuild to some extent every year bringing in young guys for future while keeping key veterans. Look at teams like Pittsburgh and New England who have never really gone through a full rebuilding phase. The biggest factor is not putting to much money in someone who gives nothing in return, which is easier said then done but the GM's that do it the most are the ones who are forced to totally rebuild. Because of all the player changes it seems coaching is more important then ever so we'll see if MM can come through or will we keep rebuilding for the next 5 years. Gosh I sure hope not

what do you mean the Patriots never went through a rebuilding phase they've been good a long time but before that they were bad. Pittsburgh was pretty bad years back every team has a time when there going to have to rebuild

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey burn me alive BUT IMHO the biggest mistake of TT was to give MM the HC job over Jim Bates, just my 2 cents, but I bet 12 bottles of tequila that under Jim Bates we would have never played so bad...

The guy has the guts to face any player at any time, he has the stamina to roam the sidelines like a big train and that is contagious..

He would have built a team that might win or loose but will always play with his whole heart,, and this is sometingh that I missed yesterday... Some guys seemed to be just playing dolls in there....

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Hey burn me alive BUT IMHO the biggest mistake of TT was to give MM the HC job over Jim Bates, just my 2 cents, but I bet 12 bottles of tequila that under Jim Bates we would have never played so bad...

The guy has the guts to face any player at any time, he has the stamina to roam the sidelines like a big train and that is contagious..

He would have built a team that might win or loose but will always play with his whole heart,, and this is sometingh that I missed yesterday... Some guys seemed to be just playing dolls in there....

Agreed for the secnd time in 3 weeks they looked flat and uninspired. The worst part is these guys are fighting for jobs, what do you think it will look like after they lock it up.

To top it off McCarthy just sat there looking bewildered. I just don't get very much passion from the guy. He looks like he almost expected this from his team. Bates would have been going ballistic.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

what do you mean the Patriots never went through a rebuilding phase they've been good a long time but before that they were bad. Pittsburgh was pretty bad years back every team has a time when there going to have to rebuild
My point wasn't that they were never bad but the way the league is now it's not like you'll build a team up and keep them all together for 5 years then tear it all down and build from scartch the was it seemed to be pre-cap era. Now there's more pressure on the front office to keep replacing and patching up holes every year. Seems the teams who do that best keep being successful and some teams (Lions) have been rebuilding since i can't remember. There's hopefully a point in there somewhere

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was posting when the other thread got locked so I'm getting it off my chest here. Truth is no one can predict what will happen it's just a guess. In some cases an educated guess in others just a guess. Last year the whole division looked like pee-wee after week 4 when the Bears pulled it together and took off. Anyone who says they predicted that is full of $##$

Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I was posting when the other thread got locked so I'm getting it off my chest here. Truth is no one can predict what will happen it's just a guess. In some cases an educated guess in others just a guess. Last year the whole division looked like pee-wee after week 4 when the Bears pulled it together and took off. Anyone who says they predicted that is full of $##$

Good point. In the end, there are just too many variables (and also extraneous factors) that can make a season go in any direction for any team.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Maybe all 16 teams we play this year won't figure that out.

16 teams?

You go from insulting the Packers in every facet to then saying they are going to reach the Super Bowl with having home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

16 games, 13 teams. Lions, Bears and Vikings twice each.

That leaves 3 new teams.
Dallas in the Divisional Playoff game.
Falcons in the Conference Championship game.

and
Colts in Super Bowl XLI.

There you have it. Pyle is predicting the Packers to go to the SB.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:

16 teams?

You go from insulting the Packers in every facet to then saying they are going to reach the Super Bowl with having home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

That leaves 3 new teams.

and
Colts in Super Bowl XLI.

You know, I thought about changing that before I hit submit, but I thought you guys wouldn't catch it. I should never under estimate you vultures.

By the way, you are wrong. I am predicting the Pack will beat the Cheifs in the Super Bowl..............................In 2009 after they fire TT!

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears will disassemble the Packers on Sep 10th and nobody will be able to put them back together.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blackjackking said:
The Bears will disassemble the Packers on Sep 10th and nobody will be able to put them back together.

they are already disassembled.......so take that!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:

16 teams?

That leaves 3 new teams.

and
Colts in Super Bowl XLI.

You know, I thought about changing that before I hit submit, but I thought you guys wouldn't catch it. I should never under estimate you vultures.

By the way, you are wrong. I am predicting the Pack will beat the Cheifs in the Super Bowl..............................In 2009 after they fire TT!

Cheifs?

Chiefs :p heheh sorry ... I had to!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:

16 teams?

That leaves 3 new teams.

and
Colts in Super Bowl XLI.

Cheifs?

Chiefs :p heheh sorry ... I had to!!

yes, it is an expansion team coming in in 2008 - the Ft. Lauderdale Cheifs

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uhh Pyle..

that would be the Charlestown Cheifs...

(ol' time hockey..)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

rebuilding is not an excuse...it's a fact! i agree that things should have been done in the past to retain certain players & go for more talent in the draft but it wasn't done.

what we have to deal with is the team we have now & realize that it's gonna take time (minimum of 2 seasons) to become a contender in the playoffs.

getting into the playoffs because the NFC has become a weak division isn't good enough for me. we need to be a viable threat - not simply get there by default.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm can't disagree with that. This is the Green Bay Packers. Reaching play offs shouldn't mean the world to us if we can't have a chance of advancing. I'd rather have a 0-16 year one year then a 16-0 year the next then 2 8-8 years. In the end it's all about championships and no one should know it more then Titiletown

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
Cdnfavrefan said:

rebuilding is not an excuse...it's a fact! i agree that things should have been done in the past to retain certain players & go for more talent in the draft but it wasn't done.

what we have to deal with is the team we have now & realize that it's gonna take time (minimum of 2 seasons) to become a contender in the playoffs.

getting into the playoffs because the NFC has become a weak division isn't good enough for me. we need to be a viable threat - not simply get there by default.
Yep.

I wrote an article saying that the next time this team sees the playoffs, Aaron Rodgers is likely to be the starting QB. That's if this tenure goes well. I don't think Favre is back for a Super Bowl. I actually agree with the media. I think he has more to prove because of last season. Thompson is going to be here for another 2 or 3 years and it’s a wait and see on what he’ll build in Green Bay.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I'm can't disagree with that. This is the Green Bay Packers. Reaching play offs shouldn't mean the world to us if we can't have a chance of advancing. I'd rather have a 0-16 year one year then a 16-0 year the next then 2 8-8 years. In the end it's all about championships and no one should know it more then Titiletown

Do you REALLY think we can go from 0-16 to 16-0 in one season? TT did nothing to improve this team last year. He actually set us back. So far I'm liking his moves this year but it is still not enough. Why was he pretending to be happy that Brett Favre returned? He wasn't building this team for Brett Favre's return. Just be a man and be honest. I'd respect him a little more if he were.

Latest posts