The Official "We love Aaron Rodgers" thread.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.......guess we will see if the "kid" can lead us to the promised land.
Gotta give Rodgers credit.......he waited for his chance, now he gets to show what he can do.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im very giddy about the future of the Packers now, cant wait to see what ARod can do. TT will definitely have to bring in a veteran QB to back him up, Trent Green or someone like that i bet.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well.......guess we will see if the "kid" can lead us to the promised land.
Gotta give Rodgers credit.......he waited for his chance, now he gets to show what he can do.

There is something to be said for that, he did it pretty much with class as well..

Waiting for Cal2GB to start posting again with the news.. :wink:

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too settled, could Favre pull a Michael Jordan and Come back again? WHo knows, but my hopes for next season just dropped from NFC Championship to maybe not making the playoffs. Add QB to our list of needs though maybe not a 1st or 2nd or 3rd Rounder needed.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
I heard Aaron's balls are so huge, TT just signed the right one to fill in at the starting Guard spot for College.
It can't block any worse!!! :wink: :lol:
j/k!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too settled, could Favre pull a Michael Jordan and Come back again? WHo knows, but my hopes for next season just dropped from NFC Championship to maybe not making the playoffs. Add QB to our list of needs though maybe not a 1st or 2nd or 3rd Rounder needed.

You should mention that backup QB is on our list.

No need to start the Rodgers-hatin already! This is a lovvethread!

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
imagine if Favre came out of retirement next year or later down the road ala Jeff George and signed for some other team..thatd be a laugh and a half :D

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh come now, can't we at least wait a bit before making that sort of prediction?

Rodgers is not Favre, but he's been classy and had time to learn this system. Check out his second ever start in college where he defeated the #3 USC Trojans. Rodgers 2nd Start

I'm more than willing to give this guy a chance. Remember during his draft, where he free-fell to the Packers? He sat in that room and waited, he didn't hide away like Brady Quinn. He gets drafted by Green Bay, behind an iron man and instead of crowing about playing time, he stays quiet learns and plays a bit here and there. This year, he came into a tough situation in Dallas and performed admirably.

All I'm saying is, give the guy a chance.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

You should mention that backup QB is on our list.

No need to start the Rodgers-hatin already! This is a lovvethread!

It's not a downer on ARod, I'm very excited about him, he's had time to sit and I'm hoping for a Carson Palmer like first season starting. However, the reality is behind ARod, what do we have? I can't even tell you the names or history of our backups behind ARod. LIke it or not we need to draft another QB. I agree its likely to be a Backup, but I don't want to presume that ARod has the job in hand. There is also always the possibility of bringing in a Free Agent.

If they decide not to draft a guy this year (and I can't say I'd blame them for that), here are a few Free Agents that might be worth looking at:

Mark Brunel (Has experience in this sort of system, and could come in to manage a game or two if need be, but his arm is suspect at this point)
David Carr (I've never been sold on this guy, but if he actually had an O-Line that could protect him, who knows how he would do)
Daunte Culpepper (Injury issues, but as a backup maybe.)
Gus Frerotte (Has played for Washington, Detroit and St Louis, and still may be able to manage a few games, but I think he may be up there in years now.)
Quin Gray (was with the Jags, not sure on this guy, he's only been in the league for 4 years.)
Trent Green (I love trent, but he's not the right fit for us.)
Tim Hasselbeck (Hrms, could he be a good fit here? he's only a 6th year guy)
Byron leftwich (I'm not sure if he's mobile enough for our scheme, or accurate enough on mid range passes)

I'm not sure there are any other guys out there worth looking at that are Free Agents. This is why I'd not be surprised if they drafted a QB at some point. The question is, how early do they take him, and that I don't have an answer for you :/

Veretax said:

Oh come now, can't we at least wait a bit before making that sort of prediction?

Rodgers is not Favre, but he's been classy and had time to learn this system. Check out his second ever start in college where he defeated the #3 USC Trojans. Rodgers 2nd Start

I'm more than willing to give this guy a chance. Remember during his draft, where he free-fell to the Packers? He sat in that room and waited, he didn't hide away like Brady Quinn. He gets drafted by Green Bay, behind an iron man and instead of crowing about playing time, he stays quiet learns and plays a bit here and there. This year, he came into a tough situation in Dallas and performed admirably.

All I'm saying is, give the guy a chance.

Dude Chill, I'm not downing Rodgers, but now that Favre is gone, we need someone of quality waiting in the wings. I'm not saying spend a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd on a QB, or did you not read that part of my post? So I didn't qualify that we may need to draft a QB to backup Rodgers, you guys are being just a little too thin skinned if you ask me.

our current QBs on Staff:

With Favre gone we have:
Aaron Rodgers
Craig Nall (& years out of Northwestern St. La.)
Dalton Bell
Jerry Babb

That's it. I'll be honest, I'm confident in Rodgers ability, but behind him, I'm not confident in a single one of those guys. My statement is an indict ment of what was our 3rd, 4th, 5th, stringers essentially, who I do not feel our worthy of a #2 QB spot. That's my opinion of them, not Rodgers. Please understand that.

And I sure hope Favre doesn't end up with another team, I can't tell you the pit that would put in my stomach.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets not worry about that football stuff, what ARod really needs now is a Nickname and a Posse on packerforum.com with a Squad Avatar and everything, anyone up to the challenge? We also need a petition started for him to regrow the **** Star Moustache before Week 1! :D

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Will Aaron Rodgers ever win 3 MVP's or set the career touchdown pass record or career starts record or career wins? I doubt it.

So your saying that lot of q.b could do that? Just not Rodgers..

Seriously thats a silly comment

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will Aaron Rodgers ever win 3 MVP's or set the career touchdown pass record or career starts record or career wins? I doubt it.

Will he help us win superbowls? That's all I care about.

And I think if he plays smart and stays healthy, and doesn't try to win games all by himself, we will.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts