The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By avoiding the more difficult throws, like over the middle. Compare his last game against Detroit to Love's 3 days ago:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I am befuddled. I have read numerous posts of how AR would not take the check down and played hero ball with the deep pass. Now I read that he avoided the difficult throws. I guess I should be happy to learn a little bit more each day just how bad a QB AR was.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am befuddled. I have read numerous posts of how AR would not take the check down and played hero ball with the deep pass. Now I read that he avoided the difficult throws. I guess I should be happy to learn a little bit more each day just how bad a QB AR was.
You forgot his poor leadership skill and failure to help develop young receivers.

Hope that helps and you are a bit more unfuddled now.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious. Last year if the Packers trade Love for the same deal they got for AR, how do you think the Packers would have done this year? All things being equal personnel wise, with Rodgers at QB, how would this team look? Better? Worse?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm curious. Last year if the Packers trade Love for the same deal they got for AR, how do you think the Packers would have done this year? All things being equal personnel wise, with Rodgers at QB, how would this team look? Better? Worse?
Worse. I don't think Clifford could have led them to the playoffs after AR's injury.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worse. I don't think Clifford could have led them to the playoffs after AR's injury.
:)

If he didn't get injured.

I will answer. Rodgers had a better team in 22 and managed 8 wins. He might have managed 6 wins this season. The WRs and TEs would look bad. Folks would be upset that Gute refused to get weapons for Rodgers. Rodgers would be scowling on most plays. He wouldn't run the system as designed. And would throw it out of bounds instead of open WRs.

The last 2 games of Love were about Rodgers in his prime about 12 years ago. I rewatched the game and was amazed at some of Love's throws. Difficult throws thrown perfectly. Let's hope that's the norm for a dozen years or so.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So AR hasn't been good for 12 years? Then his early years must have been truly amazing! Somehow he is #9 all time in yards passing. He is #5 in TDs. He is #1 in interception to attempt ratio. Even more miraculously he did all of this while being a poor leader and refusing to help his young receivers progress.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I hear, the more I’m thinking it’s a miracle we ever won anything at all with that Rodgers scrub. Should’ve canned him years ago and had Tim Boyle carry us to glory.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So AR hasn't been good for 12 years? Then his early years must have been truly amazing! Somehow he is #9 all time in yards passing. He is #5 in TDs. He is #1 in interception to attempt ratio. Even more miraculously he did all of this while being a poor leader and refusing to help his young receivers progress.
What does any of those numbers have to do with being a leader?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I hear, the more I’m thinking it’s a miracle we ever won anything at all with that Rodgers scrub. Should’ve canned him years ago and had Tim Boyle carry us to glory.
Saying Rodgers hit his apex 12 years ago does not mean he sucked for the last 11.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will answer. Rodgers had a better team in 22 and managed 8 wins.
I wouldn't say that. The guys who were here in '22 have another year's experience, and a lot of our rookies have played very well. I do think the team would not have improved as much under Rodgers, or have as much a team feel to it.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that. The guys who here in '22 have another year's experience, and a lot of our rookies have played very well. I do think the team would not have improved as much under Rodgers, or have as much a team feel to it.
Yeah. My guess is we’d be about the same. 8-10 win area. Just missing playoffs or a 6th or 7th seed.

So with that information, was our QB worth $50mil more? Not a chance
Totally hindsight but we actually did make the correct move. Jordan allowed us a similar chance to go into postseason, but got our credit card debt balance in check big time.

Now we can do a modest dip into FA next season. NOT a ZaDarius and Preston and Amos and Turner combined expenditures offseason, but some medium grade deals.

IF we see a good OL or good Safety or CB? We could go out and sign one or two Amos/Turner/Rasul size deals pretty easily. I think between that and keeping 60-70% of our best FA Guys and hitting on 2-3 more 2024?draft talent upgrades? We’ll be deep playoff competitive in 2024

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I love the over the top posters

Question
did you post this to get a reply?

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Probably slightly better in the beginning to middle but you cant get much better than Love has been over the final 8 games. I dont think even Rodgers would have bested Loves play in the end and thus I think the team would not be as good at this very point

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers was here, I don't see all these guys on the team let alone making contributions : Wicks, Musgrave, Kraft, Reed, Melton. Rodgers would have wanted his boys back so, Lazard, Cobb, Lewis and probably Tonyan would be on the team still sucking up any snaps while any rookies would be delegated spot duty. So, I see no way the roster would have been equal personnel wise.

From a pure entertainment standpoint I grew tired of Rodgers. Tired of the on field glares, the off the field drama, sucking the enjoyment out of any offseason news. He has become toxic off the field and I see no way how that couldn't find its way into the locker room.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers was here, I don't see all these guys on the team let alone making contributions : Wicks, Musgrave, Kraft, Reed, Melton. Rodgers would have wanted his boys back so, Lazard, Cobb, Lewis and probably Tonyan would be on the team still sucking up any snaps while any rookies would be delegated spot duty. So, I see no way the roster would have been equal personnel wise.
Great point on roster spots available affecting thebdraft. I think whoever we woukd have taken is getting 1/3 the targets they got this year.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't understand. It was total sarcasm.
I'm sure everyone understood it was sarcasm.

The issue is that my saying Rodgers was at his best 12 years a go somehow meant to this poster that Rodgers was a bad QB for most of his career except the year he was his best. This is just stupid and can be frustrating. Others who disagreed with me wrote intelligent points to support their view.

I guess I could have just responded with "so you are saying Jordan Love is the worst QB in the NFL?" Just to keep the same level of wit.

Reaction score
Come to think of it. Rodgers was right about Jordan all along. When reporters asked him? He said Jordan Love was “a Master Of This Offense”. Turns out he’s pretty accurate

Also loved what Rodgers said on one of his last McAffee visits. He said “where are all his (Loves) critics??”
#12 has been very supportive of Love and he gets bonus points with me for loyalty. #12 has been protective of Jordan since day 1 and in the face of scrutiny. That’s a great character trait

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come to think of it. Rodgers was right about Jordan all along. When reporters asked him? He said Jordan Love was “a Master Of This Offense”. Turns out he’s pretty accurate

Also loved what Rodgers said on one of his last McAffee visits. He said “where are all his (Loves) critics??”
#12 has been very supportive of Love and he gets bonus points with me for loyalty. #12 has been protective of Jordan since day 1 and in the face of scrutiny. That’s a great character trait
He knows what it's like to be Love. He handled himself far better than Favre.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love killing it on all levels by just doing the things you're supposed to as a fellow human being

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112_213739_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_213739_Chrome.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 26

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have total confidence in Jordan tomorrow. If he plays the way he's been playing we've got a real shot. It's not just his physical ability and his command of the offense, he's seeing and reading things like a 10 year vet. But the biggest thing for me is his calm and poise. The guy just doesn't get rattled.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have total confidence in Jordan tomorrow. If he plays the way he's been playing we've got a real shot. It's not just his physical ability and his command of the offense, he's seeing and reading things like a 10 year vet. But the biggest thing for me is his calm and poise. The guy just doesn't get rattled.
I'm not worried about Love, although I have a sinking feeling we're going to see a pick. I'm more concerned about the defense not being able to stop Dallas' offense. But, got to remember there are no expectations here.

Members online

No members online now.