The game vs the Patriots

TB3XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

But what has that to do with the price of rice in China? :confused:

Detroit was barely able to get much pressure on Brady with a superior Dline. Even Denver has a better Dline than GB's with Ware and Miller. Buffalo has arguably the best Dline in the league and they couldn't rattle Brady in Buffalo.

H

HardRightEdge

The middle of our defense (also knows as the soft underbelly the past 4 seasons) is patrolled by former top 5 pick AJ Hawk. Are NE fans not yet aware of Hawk's greatness?

AJ is by far the most assignment sure ILBer the NFL has ever seen.

Now apparently, AJ is not given typical assignments for a 3-4 ILBer, because he is usually seen making a tackle 8+ yards downfield, (usually "assisting" on the tackle by jumping on top of the pile).

Last week, Hawk showed his unparalleled athleticism by staying within 5-7 yards of Viking tight end Kyle Rudolph on a simple pass over the middle (naysayers have pointed out that Rudolph was never fast and, coming off an injury, was even slower than usual, but true Packer fans recognize AJ's worth).

Also beware, AJ is due for his first fumble recovery, forced fumble, or interception of the season. Got to come some time, right?

Furthermore, while the Pack's run D has been substandard for several years now (currently 30th best in the NFL), AJ is never, ever to blame. Longtime DLinemen like Pickett & Jolly have been replaced, the ILBers next to AJ have been replaced again and again, but there is one constant in the middle of the Pack's D - AJ Hawk.

Oh, and if Hawk get injured (something that never happens as he avoids collisions better than any linebacker I've ever seen), the Pack will unleash former starter Brad Jones. Then the Pats are really, really in trouble.

I am sure BB, Brady, Gronk, Blount, etc. are quaking in their boots anticipating the physicality and athleticism they will face in AJ Hawk on Sunday.
I wanted to give you both a "like" and a "funny", but got flagged for illegal procedure.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The middle of our defense (also knows as the soft underbelly the past 4 seasons) is patrolled by former top 5 pick AJ Hawk. Are NE fans not yet aware of Hawk's greatness?

AJ is by far the most assignment sure ILBer the NFL has ever seen.

Now apparently, AJ is not given typical assignments for a 3-4 ILBer, because he is usually seen making a tackle 8+ yards downfield, (usually "assisting" on the tackle by jumping on top of the pile).

Last week, Hawk showed his unparalleled athleticism by staying within 5-7 yards of Viking tight end Kyle Rudolph on a simple pass over the middle (naysayers have pointed out that Rudolph was never fast and, coming off an injury, was even slower than usual, but true Packer fans recognize AJ's worth).

Also beware, AJ is due for his first fumble recovery, forced fumble, or interception of the season. Got to come some time, right?

Furthermore, while the Pack's run D has been substandard for several years now (currently 30th best in the NFL), AJ is never, ever to blame. Longtime DLinemen like Pickett & Jolly have been replaced, the ILBers next to AJ have been replaced again and again, but there is one constant in the middle of the Pack's D - AJ Hawk.

Oh, and if Hawk get injured (something that never happens as he avoids collisions better than any linebacker I've ever seen), the Pack will unleash former starter Brad Jones. Then the Pats are really, really in trouble.

I am sure BB, Brady, Gronk, Blount, etc. are quaking in their boots anticipating the physicality and athleticism they will face in AJ Hawk on Sunday.
Watch the first minute of this to see what AJ did on the first defensive goal line play featured.

http://www.packers.com/media-center...al-drive/19a98b2d-1f07-47d3-9ce8-9d4bc8cad428

And now watch this starting at about 1:20 to see what contributions AJ did to help out the defense making plays and stopping the offense.

http://www.packers.com/media-center...shifting/6881886f-6f00-4bba-b35d-149824c2f32c

The thing is that players don't always do the big things that we always expect them or think that they are supposed to do. Instead they will do "behind the scenes" type stuff which will make an impact.
It may not be an INT, a fumble recovery but enough to contribute to help the team win. That is just as important a part of football as a TD is.
Instead of sitting there comfortably criticizing AJ, you could always try out for the Pack (Send them a DVD of your awesome plays first) to show him how to get it done.
I'm sure that you have a lot to teach him and he will be more than happy to hear and learn from you.

Seriously guys, stop putting down the players and coaches of our team, the Green Bay Packers.
Even though I got sick of them and put them on ignore, I did not read one word from any of the Cheatriots fans having any doom and gloom in their team in the upcoming match up. We should all learn from that.

I have faith in our Packers and that they will give the Cheatriots the beat down they deserve when they come into Curly's House.
Cheaters never prosper. They will lose and the good guys, the Packers, will win.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom Brady isnt exactly what i'd call elite anymore. He is a cardboard box now standing in the pocket. A small breeze knocks him over these days. His WR's outside of Gronk all suck and have hard times getting open. The Patriots fold when a defense shows any semblance of a pass rush.

Their run game however is better than its been in years past. Im more worried about their run game than Brady and the pass game honestly.

Their defense is very vulnerable too.

I see us scoring big on them.

Man I love your optimism but I fear you are way underestimating The Other 12 as I call him and his cardboard like pocket presence. On the Rich Eisen podcast Brady was actually asked by Rich why he seemed to be moving better this year and to me it sounded like TO12 couldn't pinpoint why but did agree that he was moving better. Is he AR or Luck or Cam Newton? No but he is extending some plays and regardless what anyone thinks of him the guy has proven himself to be a HOF QB. Gronk scare me to death and I just hope we can at least slow him down. When that big boy gets in the open field he is just a monster to bring down. Also, I disagree with your assertion that they have no WRs that can get open. LaFell is a big guy that is having a really good campaign. When he was in Carolina I kept waiting for him to explode as I thought he was going to be a good one coming out of LSU. Edelman is a little water bug who is tough to hang with in confined spaces. He worries me a bunch and they also have a RB (Vereen) who's specialty is catching the ball out of the backfield and they like him in that role so much they actually split him out wide sometimes. With all that said I think we have enough to beat this team but to say they have a stiff QB and no playmakers is just not factual. We must slow the run game and get pressure but when you think about it damn near every game boils down to that. I just hope we show up ready to ball out and I fully expect we will. GPG!

H

HardRightEdge

Agreed on Capers, he is likely to use multiple schemes. For those in need of raising their blood pressure, check out this jsonline piece: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ain-rob-gronkowski-b99396267z1-283783811.html It asks if Brad Jones may be used to defense Gronkowski. Jones did replace Hawk in the dime and considering how bad Hawk is in coverage, he needs replacing in the dime. Not sure Jones is the best option though. I’d like to see them try Richardson in that role. Yes he’s a safety and gives up about 25 pounds to Jones but he likes contact and has to be better in coverage than Jones. The only way I see Peppers being used vs. Gronk is disrupting his route at the LOS. Clay should be effective covering Gronk but I wouldn’t expect them to use him in that role much.

In addition to having Clay line up in the middle, I’d like to see Richardson on the field more, and not just against the Pats.
Yup. The only times you see Peppers dropping is on a few zone blitzes per game. I doubt there will be much departure there. Capers has already pulled Matthews off the edge for the majority of snaps. Wouldn't that be a sight to see...Matthews AND Peppers in coverage? :confused:

Brad Jones always seems to enter the discussion when there's some particular back or TE that will need to be covered. It's default thinking that I believe dates back to his 4.57 Combine time. For those of us who actually watch the games, his field speed doesn't seem to match that number, and even if it did, Jones doesn't seem to "cover" guys so much as he chases them.

I like the idea of Richardson getting some zone snaps up in Grokowski's face and messing with the short pass timing. The red zone would be a good place for it.

I'm equally concerned with Edelman's ability to move the chains between the 20's. I don't think Hyde's quick enough to keep up with him. In preseason and the early games Capers experimented with Williams playing nickel back and House at cover corner. He's gone away from that for the most part, but given NE's WRs are LaFell and Uh?, Uh? and Uh?, putting Williams on Edelman makes so much sense that...we probably won't see it. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Watch the first minute of this to see what AJ did on the first defensive goal line play featured.

http://www.packers.com/media-center...al-drive/19a98b2d-1f07-47d3-9ce8-9d4bc8cad428

And now watch this starting at about 1:20 to see what contributions AJ did to help out the defense making plays and stopping the offense.

http://www.packers.com/media-center...shifting/6881886f-6f00-4bba-b35d-149824c2f32c

The thing is that players don't always do the big things that we always expect them or think that they are supposed to do. Instead they will do "behind the scenes" type stuff which will make an impact.
It may not be an INT, a fumble recovery but enough to contribute to help the team win. That is just as important a part of football as a TD is.
Instead of sitting there comfortably criticizing AJ, you could always try out for the Pack (Send them a DVD of your awesome plays first) to show him how to get it done.
I'm sure that you have a lot to teach him and he will be more than happy to hear and learn from you.

Seriously guys, stop putting down the players and coaches of our team, the Green Bay Packers.
Even though I got sick of them and put them on ignore, I did not read one word from any of the Cheatriots fans having any doom and gloom in their team in the upcoming match up. We should all learn from that.

I have faith in our Packers and that they will give the Cheatriots the beat down they deserve when they come into Curly's House.
Cheaters never prosper. They will lose and the good guys, the Packers, will win.
As for the first link, you pointed out Hawk making a tackle, unblocked, with the hole right in front of his face. What NFL ILB do you not expect to make that play (other than Brad Jones)? You might have overlooked the very next play in that clip where Hawk is stuck in the mud and pancacked.

As for the second link, I agree that the sole plausible reason to have him out there is that he's the one guy in the front 7 who has some comprehension of Capers' over-complexities. As noted earlier, if the rules allowed him to carry a cane on the field he'd be tapping those linemen with it. So, is the complexity factor sufficient reason to have him out there? Evidently. That doesn't make him less of a liability once the ball is snapped. Should there be that much complexity? No, there should not.

Matthews was not moved to ILB because there was a weakness at the position. He was moved there because of weakness at both ILB positions.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for the first link, you pointed out Hawk making a tackle, unblocked, with the hole right in front of his face. What NFL ILB do you not expect to make that play (other than Brad Jones)? You might have overlooked the very next play in that clip where Hawk is stuck in the mud and pancacked.

As for the second link, I agree that the sole plausible reason to have him out there is that he's the one guy in the front 7 who has some comprehension of Capers' over-complexities. As noted earlier, if the rules allowed him to carry a cane on the field he'd be tapping those linemen with it. So, is the complexity factor sufficient reason to have him out there? Evidently. That doesn't make him less of a liability once the ball is snapped. Should there be that much complexity? No, there should not.

Matthews was not moved to ILB because there was a weakness at the position. He was moved there because of weakness at both ILB positions.
i totally agree with you, that video of aj hawk making that tackle still upset me because he's a ILB not a safety not a db but he still dives and the knees. But to AJ credit he is a smart guy as far as X's and O's but he just doesn't have the tools for a ILB. Im not bashing AJ hawk neither i like him as human. Mathews played ILB 3 games and they stopped Mccoy and Forte 2 of the top RBs of the league.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers will control the Patriots running game, they may get 120 yards but that isn't enough to hurt. Matthews in the middle has improved the run defense, I also think we'll get a couple "coverage sacks." Brady isn't a mobile QB like Rodgers is and he will be unable to avoid pressure. I believe this will be the difference in the game. Rodgers will escape pressure and extend plays and make a few big plays down field.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I dunno. I'm just tired of seeing Hawk always getting attacked on here and was showing how he does more than we may think.
If he was as really bad as some on here think he is, then why haven't the Packers cut him?
I think the Packers see something good in him that we don't and that is why he is still on the team.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers will control the Patriots running game, they may get 120 yards but that isn't enough to hurt. Matthews in the middle has improved the run defense, I also think we'll get a couple "coverage sacks." Brady isn't a mobile QB like Rodgers is and he will be unable to avoid pressure. I believe this will be the difference in the game. Rodgers will escape pressure and extend plays and make a few big plays down field.

I think the Pats Defense does enough to stall the Packers so they do not Score the 30+ points required to win this game. I also think Brady will pick apart the under belly of the pack Defense with quick passes and that The RB's will get enough yards on first down to open up the Pats playbook to do anything they want all game long. The only thing I cannot predict is any turnovers that will happen and those turnovers could be enough to sway the game one way or the other.

This is going to be a fun game to watch!! :D

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I think the Pats Defense does enough to stall the Packers so they do not Score the 30+ points required to win this game. I also think Brady will pick apart the under belly of the pack Defense with quick passes and that The RB's will get enough yards on first down to open up the Pats playbook to do anything they want all game long. The only thing I cannot predict is any turnovers that will happen and those turnovers could be enough to sway the game one way or the other.

This is going to be a fun game to watch!! :D
enough is enough. Blah Blah.

Was polite for two days. I'm done Pat fans. Good luck Sunday.

Ignore.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

I think the Packers see something good in him that we don't and that is why he is still on the team.
I gave my reason why they keep him: he translates the complexities for the guys. I surmise he also keeps the WTF reactions to Capers' stuff to a minimum in the locker room. He strikes me as a "shut up and do your job" influence.

A second, and most recent, reason is that Baltimore took C.J. Mosley at 17.

NHPatsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mkangelo,

I don't know what happen in this thread. But I expect a great hard hitting game. May both teams come out healthy and may we meet again in AZ!

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno. I'm just tired of seeing Hawk always getting attacked on here and was showing how he does more than we may think.
If he was as really bad as some on here think he is, then why haven't the Packers cut him?

Same reason they did not cut M.D. Jennings last year or Brad Jones this season. Can't get rid of all the dead weight at once.

Sometimes when the fans as a group say someone stinks, like M.D. Jennings, Jerron McMillian, Derek Sherrod (none of whom are currently on a NFL roster I believe) they are right.

Hawk and B. Jones have been awful and awful for some time. The team finally took action with B. Jones by benching him. Got to think Hawk's embarrassing ineptitude will result in a similar move in the not too distant future.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It almost has to be certain that ILB will be addressed early in the draft like Safety was last year. This far into the season I would have to say our defense is only a couple pieces away from being pretty darn good. This Patriots game will be a good test on how far they have come.

As far as Hawk goes I don't think he is a terrible football player. I think he is decent and a tough guy that plays hard but it comes down to value vs contract. I just don't see Hawk's value when considering his contract as the two don't add up. He just has some limitations and he isn't getting any younger.

H

HardRightEdge

Mkangelo,

I don't know what happen in this thread. But I expect a great hard hitting game. May both teams come out healthy and may we meet again in AZ!
I guess he couldn't stand the heat (what little there was), so he decided to open another kitchen.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I guess he couldn't stand the heat (what little there was), so he decided to open another kitchen.
just tired of back and forth. Brady this, Rodgers that, Gronk this, Nelson that. blah blah blah.

I'm just looking forward to watching the game. Can only talk about it for so long.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit was barely able to get much pressure on Brady with a superior Dline. Even Denver has a better Dline than GB's with Ware and Miller. Buffalo has arguably the best Dline in the league and they couldn't rattle Brady in Buffalo.

You're comparing just D lines to a Packers team that runs a 3-4 where the line is not the main position that generates a pass rush.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything else you stated may be true, but I assure you that NE isn't shaking in their boots due to anyone's physicality - especially Gronk who is one of the most physical players in the league.

I think you missed the humor here. A quick look around other threads will tell you how fans feel about AJ Hawk.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I will have to admit that it was our people that got stupid first. I witnessed it. I have no problem with you guys being here.

While I agree in principle there MK, FF is one of ours, and the other gentlemen are only visiting. Lets try and keep things civil if we can.
"Gimmick " defense? Wow that's insulting! They have the deepest CB probably in the NFL a monster of a NT an all pro safety in McCourty. The Pats D have limited 2 of the top scoring O to an average of 20.5 points but ya they get that from gimmicks.

Let me guess when your team loses it's all because the refs "screwed" them. Sigh

:laugh: If you don`t want to read insulting threads, don`t go visiting on opponents forums. What did you expect to read on here ? "The Patriots are going to put us in our place "? NOI

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
While I agree in principle there MK, FF is one of ours, and the other gentlemen are only visiting. Lets try and keep things civil if we can.

:laugh: If you don`t want to read insulting threads, don`t go visiting on opponents forums. What did you expect to read on here ? "The Patriots are going to put us in our place "? NOI
You have a point there, Bill.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts