The Free Agency Thread

D

Deleted member 6794

Would love Dez for an incentive driven deal. If nothing else he would command defensive attention to open it up for others. I feel like Rodgers could bring out the best in him. We would still draft a talented wr but at least we wouldn’t be counting on a rookie to start opposite Adams in what should be a contending year

I don't expect Bryant to agree to an incentive laden deal though as there will most likely be at least one team overpaying for him. If the Packers don't sign a veteran receiver before the beginning of the season I expect Allison to get the first chance at starting opposite of Adams.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect Bryant to agree to an incentive laden deal though as there will most likely be at least one team overpaying for him. If the Packers don't sign a veteran receiver before the beginning of the season I expect Allison to get the first chance at starting opposite of Adams.

we need a "shudders at the thought" emoji.

Although it could be worse I suppose. We do still have Cobb and Graham and as long as AR stays healthy I think they will be our #2 and #3 pass catchers as far as stats go so Allison will be #4 or even #5 if MM gets our starting RB involved in the passing game.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we need a "shudders at the thought" emoji.

Although it could be worse I suppose. We do still have Cobb and Graham and as long as AR stays healthy I think they will be our #2 and #3 pass catchers as far as stats go so Allison will be #4 or even #5 if MM gets our starting RB involved in the passing game.
the guy that lines up opposite adams needs to be a viable weapon and not just a body. the better he is the more pressure he takes off the others and rodgers.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In a perfect world, you find a starter across from Adams with some deep speed. Currently Adams is a #1 with a varied skill set, Cobb wins in the slot on underneath routes, and Graham is maybe the best RZ receiver in the game. They need someone who has the ability to push coverage off.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
the guy that lines up opposite adams needs to be a viable weapon and not just a body. the better he is the more pressure he takes off the others and rodgers.
Agreed and strengthens or depth at the position. When was the last season all the WR's stayed healthy? Both Cobb and Adams tend to get dinged up during the course of the year. An injury to either one of them is going to put yet another inexperienced WR in the starting lineup.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a perfect world, you find a starter across from Adams with some deep speed. Currently Adams is a #1 with a varied skill set, Cobb wins in the slot on underneath routes, and Graham is maybe the best RZ receiver in the game. They need someone who has the ability to push coverage off.
it's sad they've done nothing to fix this problem. maybe the new O is more of a traditional wco (move-the-chains ball-control passing) and they're going to get away from their big play or bust mentality? if not then Ridley may be a target in the draft. if so than they'll probably go D (as there are several good pieces that they might take). FA has been very underwhelming and the team hasn't improved overall to this point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If the reports were true and the Packers were in the conversations to try and sign Watkins or Robinson, it is pretty apparent that they aren't 100% set on the position. That was also done before they released Jordy, which may have happened anyway. I definitely see them keeping a close eye in the early rounds for the best WR available.

Reaction score
If there was one pick in 2018 that would come as sort of a surprise (because most of us are just assuming Defenders round 1 or 2) it would be a WR

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If there was one pick in 2018 that would come as sort of a surprise (because most of us are just assuming Defenders round 1 or 2) it would be a WR
I think Rd 1 would be a surprise for me and it would probably mean they grabbed Ridley. However, I kind of expect them to pick a WR in Rd. 2 and if one isn't picked by Rd. 3, I won't be happy.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I’m just not seeing a wr talent that warrants the 14th pick. Hell, FO might think there is one or more that does, or maybe they trade down. Wouldn’t be surprised to trade up either for a guy like ward. Who knows what Gut will do. This draft I’m not pretending to know what he will do, first year GMs tend to like to put their stamp on it in some way.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could easily see round 2-3. I don't see us taking 1 in round 1 from a need or quality standpoint at #14

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
it's sad they've done nothing to fix this problem. maybe the new O is more of a traditional wco (move-the-chains ball-control passing) and they're going to get away from their big play or bust mentality? if not then Ridley may be a target in the draft. if so than they'll probably go D (as there are several good pieces that they might take). FA has been very underwhelming and the team hasn't improved overall to this point.

If I look at who is gone and who has been added, it’s hard for me to see how the roster hasn’t improved. That said, it needs more for sure.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think Rd 1 would be a surprise for me and it would probably mean they grabbed Ridley. However, I kind of expect them to pick a WR in Rd. 2 and if one isn't picked by Rd. 3, I won't be happy.

If they take Ridley at #14, I’ll be here to talk everyone into liking it. Never fear.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they take Ridley at #14, I’ll be here to talk everyone into liking it. Never fear.
I'd be beside myself. The CB class is actually fairly deep, but there is a big dropoff from Ridley to the next WR, IMO. Especially in terms of ability to contribute year 1.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Are people interested in doing this?

If not, that’s fine. I can just ask the mods to delete it. But I didn’t know if people maybe just didn’t notice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I get a highlighted "this" but nothing happens when I click it

Oh weird. It’s supposed to link to a thread I made in the draft section for a forum mock draft. Posters claim teams, pick for them, and we run our own mock for fun.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured it was supposed to take me somewhere. It gets highlighted with yellow background, but it goes nowhere but right here. At least not on my phone with chrome browser

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be beside myself. The CB class is actually fairly deep, but there is a big dropoff from Ridley to the next WR, IMO. Especially in terms of ability to contribute year 1.

Big drop off from Ridley? He might not even be the first wr off the board.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
“If the Packers take a player that I don’t personally like then it’s a bad decision for sure even though said player won’t have played a snap yet.”

LOL

Members online

Latest posts