The Beer Sport

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
i have been drinking only cheap foreign lager from lidl/aldi recently.

we now have minimum pricing for alcohol in bonny Scotland, meaning no more cheap booze deals in supermarkets
What means "cheap" ? Do you have an example.
For example ALDI: 0.5 l Karlskrone Pilsener is 0.29 Euros (0.26 pence). 6 x 0.5 Karlskrone Pilsener is 1.79 Euros (1.58 GBP).
Is it much more expensive in Scotland, ? Never been to ALDI there.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
For example ALDI: 0.5 l Karlskrone Pilsener is 0.29 Euros (0.26 pence). 6 x 0.5 Karlskrone Pilsener is 1.79 Euros (1.58 GBP).

Those prices are comparable to what we can get around here if we buy the cheap stuff.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheap, is lower priced, so rather than buying major brands (tennents/bud/miller/coors etc..) i've been buying the cheaper stuff(10 x 250ml, £5(€5.66)) it's not too bad if it's nice and chilled.

your Karlskrone 0.5L would probably be £1 per can here, as minimum pricing is 50p/unit of alcohol

off to Tomintoul this weekend for the motorcycle gathering, was going to just stock up on cheap beer for the weekend, but getting a tax rebate, so think i'll splash on some decent beer

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I definitely have at least one broken toe and another possible small bone, so I'm self medicating....this is pretty good.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I have some of this at the house this week too. At least it doesn't taste like grapefruit. I'm getting sick of grapefruit tasting beers.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I definitely have at least one broken toe and another possible small bone, so I'm self medicating....this is pretty good.

What did you do? :rolleyes:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What did you do? :rolleyes:

The cats both bolted between my feet from opposite directions, like kamikazes. I stumble/jumped to keep from squishing them and ended up ramming my bare foot full on into the door jam. :roflmao: I've had worse. Remember, I broke a rib the last time I played tackle football with you and the gang out in the back yard.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

is it any good for gout, having high blood pressure, being borderline diabetic, and having high cholesterol?

er.... asking for a friend

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I just talked to someone here in the USA who said they would "Run the wickets" on this project. I had to google it to understand what he meant :laugh: