The Beer Sport

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did a favor for a friend today and he gave me a bottle of this. Is anyone familiar with it?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
never tried a Tomatin myself, but being a hghland malt will be a bit heavier compared to a speyside malt which tend to be a bit lighter and smoother, but a nice gift for doing a favour

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
never tried a Tomatin myself, but being a hghland malt will be a bit heavier compared to a speyside malt which tend to be a bit lighter and smoother, but a nice gift for doing a favour

I tend to like peaty and heavy. So I hope to enjoy it. I'll have to find more people to help!!! ;)

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Found a nice gem of a beer. Yards Jefferson Golden Able. Not sweet despite a hint of honey, surprisingly balanced and easy to drink despite a 8%abv it's my current favorite.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least you have GREAT taste in Beer! I miss my Dogfish, had to go Gluten (not the Packer GM) Free over 10 years ago :(

If you haven't tried this one....it is a MUST! But careful....it will knock you down!

https://untappd.com/b/great-divide-brewing-company-hercules-double-ipa/419

Not to derail the other thread, but 90m is a favorite of mine. I'm a Lager/Pilsner person and generally very sceptical of modern IPAs as they tend to be more hoppier than I like. I like the flavor balanced.

I haven't come across the Hercules IPA on tap in any place near my home or work, but will keep an eye out. Thanks!

Yards usually brews gluten less (not free) beers, so have you tried their Jefferson Ale? Absolutely lovely.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not to derail the other thread, but 90m is a favorite of mine. I'm a Lager/Pilsner person and generally very sceptical of modern IPAs as they tend to be more hoppier than I like. I like the flavor balanced.

I haven't come across the Hercules IPA on tap in any place near my home or work, but will keep an eye out. Thanks!

Yards usually brews gluten less (not free) beers, so have you tried their Jefferson Ale? Absolutely lovely.

First thanks to the Mod that moved this or maybe you did. Much more of a proper place to discuss Beer :)

Have never seen Jefferson Ale, will keep my eyes open. Hercules, at least when I was drinking it, 10+ years ago was only available in 22 ounce Bombers at the time. One was enough to get you pretty buzzed, at least me. :D

Having to drink Gluten Free limits me quite a bit and frankly most of it is total garbage. I can't tell you how many times I have asked a bartender "do you have any gluten free beer?" Their reply is usually "yes, we have a cider". Ciders are not beer!

My favorite GF Beer is Omission IPA. Omission was one of the first to brew a "normal beer" and then send it through a process to remove the gluten. Most of the GF sorghum or rice beers are total rubbish. But those are also most made to taste like a lager and even when I was drinking normal beer, I hated lagers.

If I ever make it back to Ireland, I am really going to miss being able to drink Guinness on tap, that had to be my favorite beer experience. Wasn't sure it was the atmosphere or the beer, probably both. Nothing like a Guinness on tap in a quaint Irish bar.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have my sympathies. For a beer enthusiast, being gluten free is quite a hardship.

It's quite funny, but none here in NY/NJ seem to love Guinness. I personally am a big fan. Though I've never been to Ireland. London is as far as I've been to. Here it's a never ending cycle of IPAs which don't really have much difference between themselves. Closest I can find to a Guinness is the Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout which ain't bad.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been hitting a string of good beers lately.

Stone IPA
Long Trail Ale
Flying Dog Thunderpeel Hazy IPA

All balanced easy to drink beers. Highly recommended.

Members online

Latest posts